ESPN Interview Questions in Bristol, CT | Glassdoor

3.1

76 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Legal Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT).

Interview

Phone interview with a screener a couple weeks after applying. Then one follow up interview at the office. Smooth and transparent process and friendly people. Heard back not long after second in person interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in June 2017.

Interview

Pretty generic questions about experience in production. Asked questions related to the resume and cover letter applied. Very kind and personable and felt like a regular conversation. Not very informative about your application process, can only view through the dashboard, which is very vague and not often updated. Frustrating when trying to figure what If scenarios for living and schooling situations.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 top sports stories recently?   1 Answer
    • What is your favorite ESPN program? And why?   1 Answer
    • What is your production experience?   Answer Question
    • Would you be comfortable relocating for this position? Can you provide your own transportation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in June 2017.

Interview

Started with Skype, then 2 day in-person interview at headquarters. The first day was group interviews then the second day was one on ones with different staff members. Overall it was a positive interviewing experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

Was set up with a recruiter put through a recruiter screening and then told I was going to have a call with senior software engineer to talk about my projects. When I got the phone call it actually was a technical interview which I wasn't expecting and felt unprepared for. If I had known it wasn't going to just be talking about my work I would have studied for the interview but it seems like they try to throw you off on purpose

Interview Questions

• What does a static{ } method do in a class? (Just static, nothing else no name or anything)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

First of all a phone call interview with HR, then a phone call interview with the team of Engineers (expect some technical questions). Finally onsite 3-4 interviews with the team (Mostly technical). The process was very simple and the person from HR was really helpful and responsive.

Interview Questions

• Many technical questions. keep your concepts clear and some questions from your resume.   Answer Question

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

Two phone screenings and a face to face interview. They were very positive and upbeat about their department. If you match their excitement you should be okay. They are looking for what kind of equipment and programs you know how to use for the most part.

Production Assistant CAP Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT).

Interview

It was an interesting two-day interview process, I drove since I was close but will provide hotel and flights for interview candidates. The two days consist of a variety of situational tests, some sports knowledge and one on one interviews with various types of staff members.

Copy Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT).

Interview

Had an enjoyable interview process, but the timing between when I took the interview and when I heard back that I had not gotten the job was weeks, and completely impersonal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

First, I received an email for a phone interview one week after I sent the application. After the phone interview, they scheduled an in-person interview at ESPN headquarters in Bristol, CT. Once I got there, they took me in a shuttle to the building where I was going to be interviewed.
    I was interviewed by two people. They asked about my experience, my skills with softwares, my sports preferences. Also, they asked if I have watched any of their channels and what I like about the company. Both of them were very polite and friendly and made it look like a regular conversation. After the interview, they took me to a little tour in the creative department where I sat with one of the workers and she showed me the softwares and projects she was working on.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever watched any of our channels? Which one?   1 Answer
    • Do you like sports? What is your favorite sport?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, CT

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

I had two rounds of interviews - one remote in person (about 30 minutes, pretty casual), one on-site in Bristol. They were VERY accommodating! Flew me in, rented me a car, booked a hotel, and everything was taken care of. The on site interview was very extensive, 5 or 6 hours of interviews non stop, even during lunch it was kind of an interview. Got a nice tour, overall was nice. Blend of technical and behavioral questions.