ESPN Interview Questions in Bristol, CT | Glassdoor

ESPN Interview Questions in Bristol, CT

Updated Apr 21, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

Was set up with a recruiter put through a recruiter screening and then told I was going to have a call with senior software engineer to talk about my projects. When I got the phone call it actually was a technical interview which I wasn't expecting and felt unprepared for. If I had known it wasn't going to just be talking about my work I would have studied for the interview but it seems like they try to throw you off on purpose

Interview Questions

• What does a static{ } method do in a class? (Just static, nothing else no name or anything)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

First of all a phone call interview with HR, then a phone call interview with the team of Engineers (expect some technical questions). Finally onsite 3-4 interviews with the team (Mostly technical). The process was very simple and the person from HR was really helpful and responsive.

Interview Questions

• Many technical questions. keep your concepts clear and some questions from your resume.   Answer Question

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

Two phone screenings and a face to face interview. They were very positive and upbeat about their department. If you match their excitement you should be okay. They are looking for what kind of equipment and programs you know how to use for the most part.

Production Assistant CAP Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT).

Interview

It was an interesting two-day interview process, I drove since I was close but will provide hotel and flights for interview candidates. The two days consist of a variety of situational tests, some sports knowledge and one on one interviews with various types of staff members.

Copy Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT).

Interview

Had an enjoyable interview process, but the timing between when I took the interview and when I heard back that I had not gotten the job was weeks, and completely impersonal.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

First, I received an email for a phone interview one week after I sent the application. After the phone interview, they scheduled an in-person interview at ESPN headquarters in Bristol, CT. Once I got there, they took me in a shuttle to the building where I was going to be interviewed.
    I was interviewed by two people. They asked about my experience, my skills with softwares, my sports preferences. Also, they asked if I have watched any of their channels and what I like about the company. Both of them were very polite and friendly and made it look like a regular conversation. After the interview, they took me to a little tour in the creative department where I sat with one of the workers and she showed me the softwares and projects she was working on.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever watched any of our channels? Which one?   1 Answer
    • Do you like sports? What is your favorite sport?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, CT

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

I had two rounds of interviews - one remote in person (about 30 minutes, pretty casual), one on-site in Bristol. They were VERY accommodating! Flew me in, rented me a car, booked a hotel, and everything was taken care of. The on site interview was very extensive, 5 or 6 hours of interviews non stop, even during lunch it was kind of an interview. Got a nice tour, overall was nice. Blend of technical and behavioral questions.

Digital Content Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in September 2016.

Interview

2 phone interviews, then flew out to Bristol. Then I had to provide 5 professional references via some online survey service. The whole process took over 3 months and was horribly organized. At the end I had to email them twice before they called me and told me they gave the position to an internal hire. No wonder they are losing hundred of thousands subscribers every month...

Interview Questions

• Easy/typical questions until Bristol. The Bristol interview seemed more like an endurance competition than anything else.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very short by phone and very generic. Once I got to the in-person interview. I think there was too much focus on how much I was getting paid and how much they couldn't afford to pay even though that wasn't my focus.

Interview Questions

• All the benefits of my current employer   1 Answer

Assistant Photo Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT).

Interview

Took a long time to hear from recruiter following application, had an initial phone interview, and then an in person interview with 3 separate managers while on campus in Bristol, CT.