ESPN Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ESPN Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2017

3.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ESPN in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, the next day got an email to complete a Sports Knowledge test. Contact a week later for an HR phone screening. Two weeks later I was contacted to set up a phone interview with someone from the department I would be working in. Heard back three weeks after the phone interview that I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• What team outside of the SEC do you think will be a powerhouse this year for football?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ESPN

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at ESPN.

Interview

Basic Phone Interview (who you are, what do you know), followed by an extensive phone interview (questions requiring detailed answer about equipment and experience), and the final interview was with a group of department leaders.

Interview Questions

• • Give me a situation where you had to think outside the box to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    • • Give me an example of a time you had to be the leader for the team.   1 Answer
    • • Tell me about a time when you had to do more than your position required to get the job done.   1 Answer
    • • What do you think you can add to the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ESPN (New York, NY).

Interview

phone interview with human resources where we talked about my basic information, then in person interview with my future supervisor in the office. It was pretty average, they just wanted to see your background and get a feel about how interested you were in getting into the industry. The generic answers like "I love sports" didn't really cut it, so you have to think about why sports are so important to you and who you are.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ESPN (Charlotte, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted over the phone, I was basically asked what my strengths and experiences were. Very friendly tone was used. They asked when I would be available, and if I had transportation, and if I would be able to meet the hours they asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online through Disney's website. About 2 or 3 days later I moved from "In Submission" to "In Progress' and the next day received a phone call asking if I'd like to set up a phone interview with them. I said yes. Next week we had the phone interview. It consisted of me and 3 men on the other end (at ESPN). It only lasted about 15 minutes. About 2 weeks later I received a phone call saying thanks for applying but the position had already been filled.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ESPN in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was extremely basic and nothing out of the ordinary. The questions were very general addressing strengths and weaknesses, etc. Just know about the media industry as a whole and you should be fine.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ESPN.

Interview

Really long process. The interviews are easy just listen to what it is they are asking and answer the best way you can. Be yourself and you'll be fine. Know your stuff!! And definitely ask questions if you have any, they are always willing to answer any questions that you may have. Also, do your research on the company and know what the job description for which you have applied for says.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from the other applicants?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ESPN.

Interview

Very personable interview. No ridiculous/difficult questions that you aren't ready to answer. Great experience during the interview process. Be yourself and they will be more likely to hire you. I didn't have the most impressive resume but I am comfortable during interviews and know how to carry on a conversation. Keep calm during the interview and you'll move on.

Interview Questions

• What separates you from all other internship candidates?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Tough interview. Really dynamic questions

No pay

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ESPN (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

I wasapply for a summer internship but was studying abroad, which made an in-person interview impossible. They were accommodating in doing a phone interview. The questions were straight-forward and there was a friendly tone to the conversation, they are just trying to get to know you. I would say the best approach is to be loose and be yourself.