ESPN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ESPN Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

Mobile Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ESPN.

Interview

Generally go through your resume about every project and experience. Then, they just give you an very easy technical coding question. Finally, they talk about the possible team situation and future work information.

Interview Questions

• How do you get the depth of binary tree?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

Was set up with a recruiter put through a recruiter screening and then told I was going to have a call with senior software engineer to talk about my projects. When I got the phone call it actually was a technical interview which I wasn't expecting and felt unprepared for. If I had known it wasn't going to just be talking about my work I would have studied for the interview but it seems like they try to throw you off on purpose

Interview Questions

• What does a static{ } method do in a class? (Just static, nothing else no name or anything)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

First of all a phone call interview with HR, then a phone call interview with the team of Engineers (expect some technical questions). Finally onsite 3-4 interviews with the team (Mostly technical). The process was very simple and the person from HR was really helpful and responsive.

Interview Questions

• Many technical questions. keep your concepts clear and some questions from your resume.   Answer Question

Statistical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ESPN.

Interview

There is one phone interview that lasts around 30 minutes. The questions they ask revolve around your leadership experience. Once you finish your interview you should hear back from the hiring manager within a week or two. In my experience I heard back from the manager within 3 days.

Interview Questions

• What is going on in the sports world today?   1 Answer

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

Two phone screenings and a face to face interview. They were very positive and upbeat about their department. If you match their excitement you should be okay. They are looking for what kind of equipment and programs you know how to use for the most part.

Production Assistant CAP Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT).

Interview

It was an interesting two-day interview process, I drove since I was close but will provide hotel and flights for interview candidates. The two days consist of a variety of situational tests, some sports knowledge and one on one interviews with various types of staff members.

Associate Designer Motion Graphics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ESPN in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. One week later screening interview with HR rep. A few hours after phone call, received email to confirm video interview with three leads of the department the next week. Interview with the three managers was nice and laid back. No hard questions. Just know your background/resume. About two weeks after that, received email about their decision.

Content Associate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ESPN in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through the Disney careers website and received an automated email about three weeks after telling me to sign up for a time slot to interview with a recruiter. The phone call started over an hour late and lasted half an hour longer than expected (not that I was terribly upset about it) and went mostly well. The recruiter wanted to be friendly and take the stress off, but I felt that there definitely were "wrong answers" and there were things I could say to hurt my chances. They explained the benefits package and next steps during the interview even though I was not guaranteed one. I didn't feel that I was going to get a second interview, but I never received a response to my thank you email and ultimately got a rejection notice many months after the initial interview. Mentioned that the second interview would have been in person about two weeks from the day of the first and they were looking to fill the position approximately one month from the interview. It was a mostly positive experience, but I definitely feel that they didn't do a good job of hiding the obviousness of the number of candidates they had.

Interview Questions

• Which ESPN personalities do you follow on social media and who is your favorite?   Answer Question

Copy Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT).

Interview

Had an enjoyable interview process, but the timing between when I took the interview and when I heard back that I had not gotten the job was weeks, and completely impersonal.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

First, I received an email for a phone interview one week after I sent the application. After the phone interview, they scheduled an in-person interview at ESPN headquarters in Bristol, CT. Once I got there, they took me in a shuttle to the building where I was going to be interviewed.
    I was interviewed by two people. They asked about my experience, my skills with softwares, my sports preferences. Also, they asked if I have watched any of their channels and what I like about the company. Both of them were very polite and friendly and made it look like a regular conversation. After the interview, they took me to a little tour in the creative department where I sat with one of the workers and she showed me the softwares and projects she was working on.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever watched any of our channels? Which one?   1 Answer
    • Do you like sports? What is your favorite sport?   1 Answer