ESPN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ESPN Interview Questions

Updated Dec 19, 2017

204 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ESPN.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with HR personnel. Very basic questions. Next phone interview was with someone from the department. Applied early in the year, but did not get the offer until July.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 current things happening in the sports world? What forms of media do you use to track sports?   Answer Question

Sports Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ESPN.

Interview

asked basic questions about previous internship experience, why you are interested in the job, what do you know about the company, why you would be a good fit for the job

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ESPN.

Interview

Did a technical interview over the computer. Overall pleasant experience. Did a more general interview going over my resume with one of the developers and did a more technical interview with another developer. Overall not too difficult, fairly straightforward.

Promotions Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ESPN.

Interview

Terrible, terrible, terrible. Worst HR I have ever experienced. Applied online for a position, heard back 2-3 weeks later to schedule an interview. Prepared all week for the interview and then the HR recruiter never called me! Emailed the recruiter immediately after explaining we had an interview and asked if we could reschedule. She called me two weeks later with no notice at 7AM leaving a voicemail. I call back and she said she dropped the ball and totally forgot about our interview and she woke up this morning ( 2 weeks later) thinking to herself I forgot to call someone. During the interview she asks what my availability is to come in for an in person interview on Friday. I give my availability and she says she'll talk to the hiring manager and get back to me. After not hearing anything by Thursday, I email back asking if they wanted me to come in on Friday. I wake up Friday morning to an email sent at 2AM confirming my appointment for that day! Luckily I saw the email and was still available to come in for the interview. I receive a phone call from the recruiter 30 minutes prior to my interview confirming I was going to attend, which I thought was strange. I found out why when I got to the office. I wait over an hour at the office with no explanation before the hiring manager finally shows up. The recruiter put the wrong time for our interview in her calendar, so we had to rush through my interview because she had another appointment scheduled. A few days later HR sends me a link to fill out five references that they could reach out to. 99.9% of the time when this happens, that means you got the job. My five references fill out the form and then I receive a generic email over a week later saying I didn't get the job. Unprofessional throughout the entire process. Will never apply to this company again.

Interview Questions

ESPN Response

Nov 13, 2017 – Senior Director

Wow. I am a leader of ESPN Talent Acquisition and super disappointed at the above experience and it is most certainly not indicative of how we want our candidates to feel about their interactions... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ESPN in August 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with HR and video call with engineers discussing technical ability, technical experience, work experience, company culture, and other common interview topics. Overall, HR for Disney and ESPN is great and the interview was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience working at [insert position]. What technologies did you work with? What problems did you solve? etc.   Answer Question

Analytics Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ESPN in August 2017.

Interview

Submitted an application on jobs.espncareers.com and had to do a sports assessment test. Then received an email from HR for a phone interview. Basic phone interview over resume and experience. Next was a phone interview with the director of sports analytics. Was told that next part of the process would be in Bristol for several interviews with various people.

Interview Questions

• How would you model and determine the best team or athlete across all sports?   Answer Question

Legal Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT).

Interview

Phone interview with a screener a couple weeks after applying. Then one follow up interview at the office. Smooth and transparent process and friendly people. Heard back not long after second in person interview

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ESPN.

Interview

A recruiter reached out and told me I would hear back either way, but I unfortunately never heard anything. I looked online a few weeks later and saw that the position was still open so i'm assuming I just didn't get it.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in June 2017.

Interview

Pretty generic questions about experience in production. Asked questions related to the resume and cover letter applied. Very kind and personable and felt like a regular conversation. Not very informative about your application process, can only view through the dashboard, which is very vague and not often updated. Frustrating when trying to figure what If scenarios for living and schooling situations.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 top sports stories recently?   1 Answer
    • What is your favorite ESPN program? And why?   1 Answer
    • What is your production experience?   Answer Question
    • Would you be comfortable relocating for this position? Can you provide your own transportation?   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in June 2017.

Interview

Started with Skype, then 2 day in-person interview at headquarters. The first day was group interviews then the second day was one on ones with different staff members. Overall it was a positive interviewing experience.