ESPN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ESPN Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2017

Content Associate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ESPN in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through the Disney careers website and received an automated email about three weeks after telling me to sign up for a time slot to interview with a recruiter. The phone call started over an hour late and lasted half an hour longer than expected (not that I was terribly upset about it) and went mostly well. The recruiter wanted to be friendly and take the stress off, but I felt that there definitely were "wrong answers" and there were things I could say to hurt my chances. They explained the benefits package and next steps during the interview even though I was not guaranteed one. I didn't feel that I was going to get a second interview, but I never received a response to my thank you email and ultimately got a rejection notice many months after the initial interview. Mentioned that the second interview would have been in person about two weeks from the day of the first and they were looking to fill the position approximately one month from the interview. It was a mostly positive experience, but I definitely feel that they didn't do a good job of hiding the obviousness of the number of candidates they had.

Interview Questions

• Which ESPN personalities do you follow on social media and who is your favorite?   Answer Question

Copy Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT).

Interview

Had an enjoyable interview process, but the timing between when I took the interview and when I heard back that I had not gotten the job was weeks, and completely impersonal.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

First, I received an email for a phone interview one week after I sent the application. After the phone interview, they scheduled an in-person interview at ESPN headquarters in Bristol, CT. Once I got there, they took me in a shuttle to the building where I was going to be interviewed.
    I was interviewed by two people. They asked about my experience, my skills with softwares, my sports preferences. Also, they asked if I have watched any of their channels and what I like about the company. Both of them were very polite and friendly and made it look like a regular conversation. After the interview, they took me to a little tour in the creative department where I sat with one of the workers and she showed me the softwares and projects she was working on.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever watched any of our channels? Which one?   1 Answer
    • Do you like sports? What is your favorite sport?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, CT

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

I had two rounds of interviews - one remote in person (about 30 minutes, pretty casual), one on-site in Bristol. They were VERY accommodating! Flew me in, rented me a car, booked a hotel, and everything was taken care of. The on site interview was very extensive, 5 or 6 hours of interviews non stop, even during lunch it was kind of an interview. Got a nice tour, overall was nice. Blend of technical and behavioral questions.

Learning and Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ESPN.

Interview

Completed online application, followed by a 30-minute call with a recruiter; After a week, I emailed recruiter for an update/to express continued interest; after two weeks with no contact, left a voicemail. She returned my call to inform me they went with someone else.

Interview Questions

• Role-specific questions were primary type of questions
      Describe a specific time when you encountered resistance in an instructor-led workhop   Answer Question

Digital Content Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in September 2016.

Interview

2 phone interviews, then flew out to Bristol. Then I had to provide 5 professional references via some online survey service. The whole process took over 3 months and was horribly organized. At the end I had to email them twice before they called me and told me they gave the position to an internal hire. No wonder they are losing hundred of thousands subscribers every month...

Interview Questions

• Easy/typical questions until Bristol. The Bristol interview seemed more like an endurance competition than anything else.   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ESPN (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

There were Two people on the phone and they asked a series of various sports questions and production experience. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and I didn't receive the job, but I do think the interview would have been better in person.

Communications Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ESPN.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter followed by a video interview with the manager I would be working under. A different recruiter set up the video conference. I thought the video meeting went very well and I was told I would hear next steps within a few weeks. Well, a few weeks went by and nothing, so I followed up with recruiter #2 who referred me to recruiter #1. #1 never got back to me until roughly a week to two weeks later to say they "went a different direction." I had pretty much figured that out on my own, but do a better job in communicating with your candidates please. It takes 30 seconds to write an email.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very short by phone and very generic. Once I got to the in-person interview. I think there was too much focus on how much I was getting paid and how much they couldn't afford to pay even though that wasn't my focus.

Interview Questions

• All the benefits of my current employer   1 Answer

Content Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ESPN (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a Long process to get a phone interview. It is a very competitive process. Once I took the tied exam I was scheduled for a follow phone interview. The questions were pretty basic but they were looking for concrete examples of how my experience would help me with the position I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• How my current experience would help me fulfill the required role?   Answer Question