ESPN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ESPN Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2017

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ESPN (New York, NY).

Interview

Over the phone screening. Lasted around a half hour testing your knowledge of the sports world and ESPN. Interviewed with someone who works for Disney not actually espn. Wasn't hard but some questions caught me off guard from what I was expecting.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important form of social media   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ESPN in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Was asked to complete a sports knowledge assessment online. was contacted by a recruiter for a phone screening. Was then scheduled for several rounds of interview with different hiring managers weeks in between. Finally, invited to interview on campus with the entire team. Was called a couple weeks later to be informed of their decision.

Melt Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at ESPN (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online in early May, received email in June saying that I had an online interview scheduled. Had 1st interview, didn't hear back for another 2 weeks until I received another email saying I had a 2nd online interview scheduled. After 2nd interview, said next step would be in-person interview, but didn't receive any phone call for about a month. Received phone call saying they had went with someone with more experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you succeeded under pressure.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ESPN in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, the next day got an email to complete a Sports Knowledge test. Contact a week later for an HR phone screening. Two weeks later I was contacted to set up a phone interview with someone from the department I would be working in. Heard back three weeks after the phone interview that I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• What team outside of the SEC do you think will be a powerhouse this year for football?   1 Answer

Sports Content Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at ESPN (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Phone Screening with HR
    Two Phone interviews with managers in Los Angeles and Bristol
    In Person Interview in Los Angeles
    Flown out to Bristol to meet with 9 other managers and colleagues

Gave me timelines that were not true.

Process is very long and somewhat unprofessional.

They called to tell me they filled roles with people who were internal. Also fault you for following up after they keep you waiting for 4 months.

Assistant Photo Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT).

Interview

Took a long time to hear from recruiter following application, had an initial phone interview, and then an in person interview with 3 separate managers while on campus in Bristol, CT.

Associate Designer Motion Graphics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in May 2016.

Interview

I got a call from HR to overview the position and then set up a video conference interview via email. That day I had my interview scheduled for a few days after that. They sent me a link and the names of three people I was to interview with. It was a laid back kind of interview. It seemed odd that they didn't all log in at once and that they came on individually.

They were really good with answering to emails right away. I asked HR for the interviewer's direct email and was able to communicate easily with where they were with the process. I waited two weeks for a response on whether or not I got the position. I ended up just emailing one of the interviewers asking about the job, and he replied within 2 hours or so. The next day, I got the official email saying I didn't get the position.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied for a PA job in January by filling everything out online. I didn't hear from them until March when I got a call from a recruiter. She told me all about the job and asked me basic questions about my resume and roles in sports media. She then scheduled a a phone interview for me that was a few days after with a PA manager. This interview was more in depth, asking me about my experiences, but also random sports questions. I didn't hear back from them for weeks. Finally I got a miss call and voice mail from the recruiter saying they wanted to fly me out to Bristol for an in-person interview in two weeks. I called back right away, but it went to VM. I tried this again several times the next few days and weeks, emails too. Finally I give up and was about to take a reporter position at a station in Oregon. Mind you, this is now about a month after that VM...I got a call saying they're flying me out in three days. So I dropped everything and went. At the HQ, I interviewed with about six different people from ESPN, from different departments. I also had to do social media, video editing and writing exercises too while there. A long day, but everyone was super nice. The hardest part for me was admitting to them I want to be a reporter and work my way up at ESPN and them telling me that'll pretty much happen if I take this PA job... that I need to start on-air at a local TV station. In the end, I think I didn't get the job because of this.

Sports Content Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ESPN (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was sent a link to take a timed, multiple choice sports knowledge test. You're allowed to use the internet to look up all your answers, if you need to.

After that, I received an email asking to do a set up a phone interview. I did a second phone interview with someone different later that week, and then an in-person interview after that. The interviews were all pretty conversational, but ESPN is incredibly selective with who they hire.

Interview Questions

• SPORTS KNOWLEDGE TEST:
      - Where did RGIII go to college?
      - Who is the winningest coach in college football history?
      - What was the biggest margin of victory in college basketball championship history?
      - Which team lost the college basketball championship in 2010 and 2011?
      - Which NL team has won the most World Series?
      - Which player won MVP the most times in MLB history?   Answer Question
    • PHONE INTERVIEWS:
      - Tell me about a time you had a conflict with someone?
      - Would you be willing to work in Bristol, CT?
      - What storylines would you follow in tonight's Warriors-Hawks game?
      - If Kobe scores 50 points tonight, what stats would you look up?
      - Who was the biggest free-agent signing in MLB this year?   Answer Question
    • IN-PERSON INTERVIEW:
      - What's the biggest risk you've taken in your career?
      - Who is the most difficult person you've ever worked with?
      - What would you change about ESPN's business model?
      - If you could go back and change anything in your career, what would it be?   Answer Question

Sports Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ESPN (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

friendly tone but hard questions..it was all basically non behavioral questions . i practiced a lot but everything that they asked me caught me off guard. they were all non traditional questions

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself...
      what is an ad that you resonate with..   1 Answer