ESPN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ESPN Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ESPN (Gainesville, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

They asked a bunch of questions on the phone to get an idea of my background and personality. The interview process took a while. I had to keep checking the website on the status of my application. It's difficult to sit back and wait but there is no other way to get a hold of anyone because of the influx of applicants. I got a second call back but it felt more like they were looking for a way to rule me out of the equation rather than what they liked about me.

Interview Questions

• They asked some questions about a favorite sports team to see what I know.   1 Answer

Director- Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at ESPN (New Haven, CT) in March 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview performed to determine match of skill set, knowledge and experience to job. I was initially recruited by them through LinkedIN and then over the phone. During the phone screen they revealed that there Director positions are still very much akin to developer positions.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ESPN in January 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews. One with job screener in Florida. The other was with marketing managers for ESPN in Bristol. Went well, basic questions. However, mostly only one manager talked the entire time so didn't see the need for both to be there. I also was the first round of interviews so I believe my name got "lost" with all the later interviewers. Took a very long time to hear back from them.

Digital Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ESPN.

Interview

First, I was screened with a phone interview, then the company brought me in for a in person interview with other team members. I then met with my direct manager and spoke with him about the day to day responsibilities. And lastly, I met with upper management to make sure I was fully screened. I then worked with my HR contact and got the offer and attended orientation in Bristol.

Interview Questions

• Q. What do you think is the biggest difference with TV and Digital Ad Sales   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in September 2015.

Interview

-Phone interview with a producer and HR representative.
    -After the phone interview, the producer will ask you to complete two writing assignments. Mine specifically was to write about my most enjoyable work day and to watch and critique a ESPN show.
    -After the phone interview and writing assignments, I was invited to Bristol for two days where I received a tour of the campus, interviewed with multiple departments and completed some assignments such as video editing and social media.
    -The day after I interviewed in Bristol, I received a phone call from HR offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• -Tell us why you want to work at ESPN?
      -What are some things that you would change about your favorite ESPN show?
      -What are your long-term career goals?
      -What are your favorite sports?
      -Also, be prepared to discuss current events going on in sports.
      Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ESPN (New York, NY).

Interview

Standard interview process with HR and then department head and some staff. Nice to have the opportunity to meet and see the facility and operation. Was able to ask any questions and meet other employees and discuss work culture, environment and specifics other staff enjoyed. Was able to follow up with candid questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ESPN (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

The whole process took me about 3 weeks. I applied on line and later a campus recruiter contact me about the interview. First the HR asked me some basic questions and later come a technical interviewer. The interviewer is very nice and funny. They called me exactly on time.

Interview Questions

• They ask me about the basic java C# compile knowledge.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at ESPN.

Interview

Basic Phone Interview (who you are, what do you know), followed by an extensive phone interview (questions requiring detailed answer about equipment and experience), and the final interview was with a group of department leaders.

Interview Questions

• • Give me a situation where you had to think outside the box to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    • • Give me an example of a time you had to be the leader for the team.   1 Answer
    • • Tell me about a time when you had to do more than your position required to get the job done.   1 Answer
    • • What do you think you can add to the company?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ESPN.

Interview

Had a great time working with HR. Was really smooth all the way, without any trouble. Interview itself was not too bad. Just basic questions regarding certain technologies. Thought that it was sort of interesting that I wasn't asked harder questions..

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ESPN (Hartford, CT) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview. Interviewer was on speaker phone and difficult to hear. We chatted for about twenty minutes, talked about company philosophy towards security, interviewers experience with the company. It was listed as a cyber security position but it turned out that it wasn't security related at all.

Interview Questions

• What are some things you would need to consider with firewalls? Very general questions like that. Not sure that there is a 100% correct answer for any.   Answer Question