ESPN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ESPN Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in August 2015.

Interview

Received a call from HR. It went better than the actually interview in my opinion. Got an interview call the next day and spoke with three different people on the phone. Wish it was an in person interview probably would've gotten the job. Took about 3 almost 4 wks for me to hear back, even though they ended with we'll be in touch next week. So don't believe that, it takes some time.

Digital Media Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in August 2015.

Interview

I thought the interview went well. Everyone I met was very professional and enjoyable. I emailed hr 3 weeks later and was told we will have an answer this week. Never heard back. Emailed them 3 weeks after that. Never received a response.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ESPN (New York, NY).

Interview

phone interview with human resources where we talked about my basic information, then in person interview with my future supervisor in the office. It was pretty average, they just wanted to see your background and get a feel about how interested you were in getting into the industry. The generic answers like "I love sports" didn't really cut it, so you have to think about why sports are so important to you and who you are.

Digital Media Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in July 2015.

Interview

Screening call, Phone Interview, and then on campus. It all took about two weeks. The on-site interview was challenging because I didn't really know what was happening. Six of us interviewed in the morning, rotating through the different departments, and six of us in the afternoon, with lunch as an overlapping point. Most of the interviews were pretty straightforward, but a couple were more challenging. I spent a lot of time preparing for this interview and it paid off.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at ESPN?   2 Answers

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a relatively easy interview. Everyone was nice and made you feel comfortable. They asked the standard questions like why do you want work for this group, how can your experience be applied to this position, where do see yourself in 5 years.

Digital Media Editor (ESPN FC) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview-They ask why you want to work as a Digital Media Editor at ESPN FC, why I am interested in soccer, what experience you have that may apply to this position, etc. And then they ask a few questions about the world of soccer to make sure you are knowledgeable about the sport and what is going on in the sport of soccer globally.

In Person-If they like you enough from your phone interview they will have you come into the Bristol Campus for an in person interview where they will see if they like your personality and ask you further questions about why you want to work there, your work history and your knowledge of soccer. A lot fo the questions are the same as the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Who do you think deserved the Man of the Match award for the 2015 UEFA Champions League Final between Barcelona and Juventus?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ESPN (Charlotte, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted over the phone, I was basically asked what my strengths and experiences were. Very friendly tone was used. They asked when I would be available, and if I had transportation, and if I would be able to meet the hours they asked.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ESPN in June 2015.

Interview

A simple phone screen. I never heard back. I even sent two emails and never got a reply. I understand many people apply for the position, but all I was looking for was a short response. Was the Position filled? or Are you still in the hiring process?

Content Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

Rented a car and drove from Manhattan twice during the interview process to meet with executives for the position. One point that stuck out to me was that I traveled myself for the interview when I've spoken with friends who took positions at the company and were flown in for the interview and housed at the hotel across the street from campus during the interview process. Nevertheless, the interviews were straight forward.

I did not receive an offer; in fact, my resume and a high recommendation was sent through channels and I was invited to interview for a different position with the company. Again, I traveled myself up to Bristol and this interview took place for a little over four hours. After what seemed like an extensive interview, I did not receive a response one way or the other about the position and have not received word until this day.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about moving to Bristol?   1 Answer

Account Services Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ESPN (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Relatively normal interview process. Met with both account executives and sales management on the team in which I would be supporting. Had to be able to describe the immediate value you'll be able to add to the team, what previous client service experience you had, your understanding of ESPN's value proposition in the multimedia landscape etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to work with a difficult client and what you did to resolve the issue.   Answer Question