ESPN Production Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ESPN Production Assistant Interview Questions

3.4

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

First, I received an email for a phone interview one week after I sent the application. After the phone interview, they scheduled an in-person interview at ESPN headquarters in Bristol, CT. Once I got there, they took me in a shuttle to the building where I was going to be interviewed.
I was interviewed by two people. They asked about my experience, my skills with softwares, my sports preferences. Also, they asked if I have watched any of their channels and what I like about the company. Both of them were very polite and friendly and made it look like a regular conversation. After the interview, they took me to a little tour in the creative department where I sat with one of the workers and she showed me the softwares and projects she was working on.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever watched any of our channels? Which one?   1 Answer
  • Do you like sports? What is your favorite sport?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for ESPN

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ESPN (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

There were Two people on the phone and they asked a series of various sports questions and production experience. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and I didn't receive the job, but I do think the interview would have been better in person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied for a PA job in January by filling everything out online. I didn't hear from them until March when I got a call from a recruiter. She told me all about the job and asked me basic questions about my resume and roles in sports media. She then scheduled a a phone interview for me that was a few days after with a PA manager. This interview was more in depth, asking me about my experiences, but also random sports questions. I didn't hear back from them for weeks. Finally I got a miss call and voice mail from the recruiter saying they wanted to fly me out to Bristol for an in-person interview in two weeks. I called back right away, but it went to VM. I tried this again several times the next few days and weeks, emails too. Finally I give up and was about to take a reporter position at a station in Oregon. Mind you, this is now about a month after that VM...I got a call saying they're flying me out in three days. So I dropped everything and went. At the HQ, I interviewed with about six different people from ESPN, from different departments. I also had to do social media, video editing and writing exercises too while there. A long day, but everyone was super nice. The hardest part for me was admitting to them I want to be a reporter and work my way up at ESPN and them telling me that'll pretty much happen if I take this PA job... that I need to start on-air at a local TV station. In the end, I think I didn't get the job because of this.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ESPN (Gainesville, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

They asked a bunch of questions on the phone to get an idea of my background and personality. The interview process took a while. I had to keep checking the website on the status of my application. It's difficult to sit back and wait but there is no other way to get a hold of anyone because of the influx of applicants. I got a second call back but it felt more like they were looking for a way to rule me out of the equation rather than what they liked about me.

Interview Questions

• They asked some questions about a favorite sports team to see what I know.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in August 2015.

Interview

Received a call from HR. It went better than the actually interview in my opinion. Got an interview call the next day and spoke with three different people on the phone. Wish it was an in person interview probably would've gotten the job. Took about 3 almost 4 wks for me to hear back, even though they ended with we'll be in touch next week. So don't believe that, it takes some time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taunton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ESPN (Taunton, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, very by the book, questions were easy, straightforward, I was very in experienced in being a PA so I was not offered the job but I had a great time interviewing with the Hiring Manager.

Production Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ESPN.

Interview

I was supposed to get called for an interview but that never happened and i was really confused about that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in February 2011.

Interview

I was asked multiple, specific questions about sports. The asked me about Heisman Trophy winners, and questions about various details about sports. It lasted about 2 hours and it was like being on Sports Jeopardy. It was very difficult.

Interview Questions

• Tell me everything you know about the Calgary Flames. Who won the Heisman Trophy in 1987   1 Answer

Production Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ESPN in October 2009.

Interview

I was selected from a group of candidates to be interviewed during a college recruitment session through my university career center. I submitted my resume in September and interviewed about a month later in October on campus. I interviewed for ESPN Deportes and ESPN studio production. The interview was 1:1 and focused mainly on my educational and professional experience with a portion of the interview being in spanish. I was asked basic sports related questions about tennis, soccer, basketball, etc. and it lasted about 45 minutes. I thought the interview went really well and felt comfortable throughout but unfortunately never heard back from them. I would recommend brushing up on any sports and current story lines that you may not follow regularly including international.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a story regarding your international experience in Spanish.   Answer Question