ESPN Statistics Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ESPN Statistics Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2017

Statistical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ESPN.

Interview

There is one phone interview that lasts around 30 minutes. The questions they ask revolve around your leadership experience. Once you finish your interview you should hear back from the hiring manager within a week or two. In my experience I heard back from the manager within 3 days.

Interview Questions

• What is going on in the sports world today?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for ESPN

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ESPN (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The interview questions were reasonable and straight forward, but the Sports Assessment test was more challenging that I had anticipated because of the time limit that the system imposes upon the interviewee. Although I thought I had a reasonable amount of sports knowledge, I learned that there is much more to follow if I want to work as a statistics analyst.

Interview Questions

• Explain three major front line stories in _______ conference in the past week.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ESPN (Dallas, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied on campus and interviewed on campus. Interview was pretty straightforward - we discussed sports and I was asked about how much I knew about advanced statistics and ESPN. If you are well-versed in these fields, as I was, you should be fine. Afterwards, I was told to apply online and complete a sports quiz which was pretty simple. After following up with the interviewer, I was told I could expect to hear back regarding the next round within a month. It's been almost three and I've heard nothing.

Interview Questions

• Hypothetical question about what type of TV Graphic you'd make given a certain news item   1 Answer

Statistics Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ESPN in January 2013.

Interview

Applied to the position online, but also had a contact through a friend with a recruiter. After some phone interviews and an aptitude test (not for the faint of heart), I traveled to Bristol for the in-person portion. Great facility and awesome crew of people. After a long time waiting and ultimately having to resubmit my paperwork, I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• If you do your homework, you can get most of the prep for the aptitude test handled in advance. That said, if you think you "know sports" and can just knock out facts ranging from live scoring, history, current topics, problem-solving, etc. for all the major sports, tennis, golf, etc., you'll be slapped around by some cold hard reality.   Answer Question

Had another offer that paid more and had more regular hours (9-5)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in May 2010.

Interview

Just a bunch of sports knowledge questions. I failed to remember who the last NHL Stanley Cup winner was and that pretty much ended my interview.

Statistical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in July 2009.

Interview

Be prepared for lots of sports trivia! I had two basic questions about why I applied and why I wanted to work there. Then they asked about my sports knowledge with questions like:
    Which NFL QB has thrown for the most touchdowns?
    What are the 4 major golf tournaments?
    Who is the winningest NCAA basketball coach?
    Name two Lakers besides Kobe
    How is ERA calculated?

and the one that effectively ended the interview for me:
    Name the last 5 Heisman winners and their schools.

Interview Questions

• Name the last 5 Heisman Trophy winners and their schools.   1 Answer