Cover image for EXL Service

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

EXL Service Data Scientist Interview Questions

Updated Nov 1, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 13 of over 913 interviews

Staffing Agency9%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EXL Service (Bangalore) in Oct 2022

Interview

I usually don't write reviews or post anything on social media, but this interview experience is so bad that I have to write here to alert others at least. a recruiter contacted me for the interview, and I still don't know what exactly is the role name, she just told me that it's related to data science, I asked her many times, and she finally sent some JD, which also didn't have the role name. I had a good opinion about EXL so I thought let's give it a try. there were 2 rounds in total. 1st round: the recruiter didn't even ask me for my preferred date, she just told me that this day panel would be available and there were no other slots. the day she said, was on a festival day, and it's a holiday for everyone throughout India. I still said ok and let's do it since there aren't any slots available as per the recruiter. I joined the interview meet link on time and waited for 15-20 mins, and nobody joined, so I left the meeting. she didn't even care to call me after the interview. but I called her and told her that no one showed up at the interview, and to my surprise, she told me that panel marked as "candidate didn't show up for the interview." she didn't even apologize. She again said the same thing we have only one slot available on some X day and Ironically this X day is the same as the one I have asked her before to schedule my interview, and at that time she said there's no panel available at this X day and time. but I still said ok, just to be professional and finish this thing asap. 2nd round: the same thing repeated for the second round as well. nobody showed up for the interview, and again I called her the next day and told her the same thing. and this time also, there are no apologies or whatsoever. she again repeated the same thing "we have only one slot blah blah blah" by this point, I was very frustrated, but I said okay just to wrap this thing. in the second round, the interviewer showed up 10 mins late and didn't even bother to say sorry, the interview went somewhat ok, but at the end, he didn't even ask me if I had any questions, at least for courtesy. after the interview, they literally ghosted me, i had to mail and call the HR many times to know the feedback, that also is a copy pasted reply on a mail. i have been ghosted before also, but at least after spending more than a month on this crap, i think atleast i deserved to know the feedback. I have given 100+ interviews in my life, and I rank this one at the top of my worst experiences list. very unprofessional and pathetic experience. think twice before investing your time.

Interview Questions
  • round 1: some basic SQL and Python Questions. round 2: mostly on SQL Basics.
    Answer Question

EXL Service

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EXL Service in Jun 2022

Interview

Two technical interviews with standard data scientist questions about previous experience, models, feature selection, metrics, a/b testing and one logical task. Asking about all steps of end to end model development. Unfortunately, no any feedback after.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Consulting

132 Comments

Consulting

417.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/consulting/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=EXL Service~37901
Join the conversation on

EXL Service

Application

I interviewed at EXL Service

Interview

Say it is with hiring manager. Bombard with technical questions and expect people to answer everything. They go over most skill sets, so do be prepared to actually have to prove what you have written in skills. They take time to go over questions, and do give hints if you get stuck.

Interview Questions
  • What do you use to analyze if a regression model is doing well.

EXL Service

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EXL Service in Feb 2022

Interview

They took 3 rounds involving Python, SQL, ML and a few aptitude questions. The interviewers weren't really competent though. One of them was simply reading them from a list like a child recites a poem, after the interview I got to know that they were all taken from an article on towards data science. Anyway, I got the offer letter but the HR was too rude and gave me a package which was the same as my current one; even though I had already told my expected compensation. HR was shrewd enough to make the salary structure in a way that my in hand salary would be even lesser than my existing one. I really feel lucky not to have joined this organisation; I was shocked when the HR started misbehaving and making personal comments on me when I declined the offer. I can't even begin to imagine what would have happened if I joined EXL.

Interview Questions
  • Basic questions on Python, Few questions on SQL commands, aptitude questions, was made to write a few queries too; some ML questions also.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EXL Service (New Delhi) in Jan 2022

Interview

After getting shortlisted, had two technical rounds. 1) Basic python questions 2) SQL queries 3) 2 puzzles ,1 on time to calculate with two different sized rope and 2nd puzzle related to bulbs put in a dark room with switches outside,had to find defected one. 2nd technical round :- Project explaination,be prepared for counter questions. ML questions related to algorithm you chose or can be not as well because I diverted my interviewer to my strongest side of algorithm(tips). Performance matrix use case related to recall precision.

Interview Questions
  • Explain any project you have completed within the team or led by you?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EXL Service (New Delhi) in Dec 2021

Interview

Total 3 Rounds 1. Technical Round:Focus on Technical Skill 2. Techno/Managerial Round: Focus on critical thinking/ able to solve problem/Probability and Statistics question 3. HR Round: Compensation Discussion Technical round was good asked related question with resume and ML/DL deep questions.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Resume related 2. Clustering and Different types of clustering. 3.How to you compare two distribution - given col may be any type cat/continues,dictribution may be any 4. NLP related 5.Random Forest 6. Bagging vs Boosting 7.How you find correlation matrix between feature 8. How u handle imbalance dataset what approaches used for better model performance 9.Mathematical Question (10-12th Standard)
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at EXL Service (New Delhi)

Interview

Waste of time applying for companies like this. I applied through LinkedIn. I was approached by a company official (Not HR) and asked whether I could be interviewed on that day itself (like Seriously?!). Finally we scheduled my first round on the next day. I didn't receive any communication from the company or HR via mail or message. So, the first round was a telephonic round. I was asked about my experience and whether I'm comfortable with SQL and Python. I was told to solve a small analytics question and was further asked questions on ML algorithms over phone. The interview went very well and I successfully cleared that round. Than I was scheduled for the next round two days from that day where the interviewer started asking me HR questions and same questions on my background and work experience. Then he asked me to solve a case study after 15-20 min of Q&A. The total interview was allotted just half an hour of time. I wondered how one can finish a case study within 10 mins. I haven't even concluded my case and was mid-way explaining him when he told, that was enough. What type of professionalism was that? I was told that I would get informed about the process further but wasn't even communicated even once since then. I can't contact HR or any other company official as I don't have their mail ids. All I have is the first guy's phone number who won't pick up calls or reply to messages. Don't apply for such companies who can't carry out such simple interview processes and don't have the basic courtesy to communicate with the candidate.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at EXL Service (Bangalore) in Oct 2021

Interview

It was an 4 rounds of interview process all technical asking questions on SQL, Python, Machine learning models and stats. I cleared three round in last round which was with manager he was asking me about my package and the offer I was holding. Is this the way of taking the technical interview?

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EXL Service (Bangalore) in Oct 2021

Interview

My first round of Interview was smooth where the panel discussed about my work and asked questions related to them. However the second round was a disaster. The panel asked me a case study and how I would approach it from ML perspective. I gave certain answers which did not satisfy him which is understandable but he was not interesed to listen to my explanation. It is not a factual question, its a use case and there is no wrong or right answers. Its the approach that matters and if you stop people from explaining approaches for a vastly large use case then it would be catastrophic.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

EXL Service

Application

I interviewed at EXL Service

Interview

1st Round:- Just basic IQ questions, Guesstimates. Result:- Proceeded to next round 2nd Round:- Very Easy and Basic Python questions which I answered correctly. Result:- Hasn't responded to result since a month, which is the thing that disappointed me the most. If my profile is rejected at least inform me, which they didn't.

Interview Questions
  • Q. What will be the cost of transporting 1 million Coca Cola bottles from Delhi to Gwalior.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Interviews