Cover image for EXL Service

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

EXL Service Senior Analytics Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 6 of over 913 interviews

Staffing Agency17%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

EXL Service

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EXL Service in May 2021

Interview

The whole process took about 1hour, from an introduction of yourself, projects you have done, to some case studies. Focus on critical thinking and logic. Coding skills are also included. Guesstimate to prepare.

Interview Questions
  • Tell a difficult time you work with your project.
    Answer Question
  • clock angle question with coding
2 people found this interview helpful

EXL Service

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EXL Service in Jan 2018

Interview

3 rounds based on experience and skills gathered at prior companies and solving a case study. One round was based on resume based questions where interviewer went through some points mentioned in the resume and ask questions around that.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Consulting

132 Comments

Consulting

417.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/consulting/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=EXL Service~37901
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EXL Service (New York, NY) in Sep 2017

Interview

I got a call through referral. The screening was done through phone call . The first round was telephonic. It started with a general walk through over the resume followed by brain teasers and case interview questions. More emphasis was on case interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me something about urself. Tell me some challenging incident at work. Give an estimate of number of uber cabs running in NYC

EXL Service

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EXL Service

Interview

First round of interview was scheduled through a recruiter. Interviewer asked me about my current projects, a case study and few puzzles in the end. I was answering most of the questions and interviewer was also not making lot of cross questions. I thought answers are satisfactory and interview was good but no response in the end.

Interview Questions
  • What did u do in the project (from resume)?
1 person found this interview helpful

EXL Service

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EXL Service in Jul 2017

Interview

A recruiter called me after she saw my profile on a job portal. I found the job description interesting and appropriate to my background and prior experience. She mentioned there would be 3 rounds of interviews. Interview 1 would be general with some case study questions and on my background. Interview 1 was conducted over telephone by another Senior Analytics Consultant (I found this weird!) alone, who had considerably lesser work experience than I had. Not that experience is everything but he surely did not have any experience with interviewing. He was extremely rude and arrogant. He began by bragging about himself - what he does, his education from an elite university etc. He would ask me a question and 30 secs into my answer he would cut me off and say "that's a wrong answer". Wrong answer?? In a case study interview, there is no right or wrong answer - the approach is what is important. And the worst part which I have never ever experienced in any interview so far - this guy was eating (making loud noises) while interviewing me. This really put me off and raised questions on the professionalism at this company. Halfway into the interview I decided not to continue with this opportunity. I was called by the recruiter to schedule the next interview, which I have now declined.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

EXL Service

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at EXL Service in Jun 2017

Interview

A recruiter informed me about the positions with EXL in NY/NJ areas. I had 3 telephonic interviews. Interviews were well structured and EXL know what they want from candidate. I really loved the interview process. They made me think, analyze, speak my thoughts. It wasn't like other monotonous companies asking for only previous projects and experience. Interview 1: puzzle, business case, guess estimate Interview 2: Analytics, Domain and Projects. It was by a Senior Manager Interview 3: It was by a VP. It was primarily about analytics projects , analytics basics. He was poised. He did not give any indications about result, and kept it for later decision. I was positive I would get it and I would add great value to this company and it's client. Unfortunately I haven't heard back from them. Even staffing agency tried to get interview result, he hasn't been able to get any response. other candidates who went through this staffing agency also did not hear back from EXL. Ambitious company like EXL should atleast drop a note about interview result or their strategy. Keeping mum doesn't suit them. Anyways, if you get an offer from this company, stick to it, your value will grow.

Interview Questions
  • Strategies to identify fraud customers of a subscription based website

Popular Careers with EXL Service Job Seekers