EY Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Accountant Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Applied throuh campus recruiting. First round on-campus one on one interview with an audit partner. It was laid back and conversational. Second round was on-site. Two interviews with a manager and a partner. All behavirol questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY in February 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with several people during the initial round. They all asked pretty straightforward questions. Nothing really out of the ordinary. I know several people that work at EY and they all have good things to say.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenging project you have worked on.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

The whole interview took place in the heart of time square. Some staff took us out for lunch, which was pretty relaxing. The interview was actually pretty casual. The interviewers asked me some really common questions and I felt comfortable answering them. They notified me of the result in a pretty timely fashion.

Interview Questions

• How do you want me to describe you at the end of this interview?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EY in October 2009.

Interview

It was a very detailed process. They treated me well, put me up in a hotel. It was not an easy interview, lots of technical questions, seems like they would work staff very hard but what do you expect from big 4. I decided to go with another firm after all was said and done.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2008.

Interview

The one on one interview itself was everything I had been told to expect. It consisted of a lot of questions of my personality and experiences I had in the past. Most of them focused on group work and wanted to see how well I worked with others. The interviewer also described the job role thoroughly and wanted to make sure I had fully understood what position they were interviewing me for.

Overall it was a great interview and really what I had expected - personality and group experiences. Unfortunately I was not lucky enough to get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to make a hard decision in a group environment.   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)) in April 2016.

Interview

About 2 hours of interview: First meeting with some accountants already working there in order to test the accounting knowledge as the interview was performed via Skype, then with the Director and then with the HR

Interview Questions

• Questions about depreciation, booking an invoice with a TVA and without TVA inside EU   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eindhoven (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Eindhoven (Netherlands)) in January 2015.

Interview

The application process consists of a CV/cover letter review, some online tests and one or two interviews. In my case it was just one interview. The interview was mostly competency based. The 2 interviewers were very nice and really wanted to get to know me. The questions were not too hard to answer.

Interview Questions

• Give us some examples of difficult decisions that you have had to make.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Know about the business, what it takes to pass the ACA exams, and what it means to work as part of an audit team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple, but inflexible.

Accountant Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY in April 2011.

Interview

The interview was very laid back. The interviewer was a Senior Manager. It was basically going over my resume and a few situational type questions.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2011.

Interview

Online Application.

Know your NEWS before you go for the interview. They like you to be informed about current affairs.

Interview Questions

Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
EY Accounting Interview San Jose, CA How do you deal with a difficult teammate?
EY Accountant Interview Tell me about a challenging project you have worked on.
EY Accountant Interview New York, NY How do you want me to describe you at the end of this interview?
EY Accountant Interview Tell me about yourself.
EY Accounting Interview New York, NY Name a time when you had to make a hard decision in a group environment.
EY Accountant Interview Luxembourg (Luxembourg) Questions about depreciation, booking an invoice with a TVA and without TVA inside EU
EY Accounting Interview Eindhoven (Netherlands) Give us some examples of difficult decisions that you have had to make.
EY Accountant Interview Normal competency based questions.
EY Accountant Interview Tell me about yourself.
EY Accountant Interview Sydney (Australia) Who is someone you inspire to be?
EY Accountant Interview Sydney (Australia) Why does EY need to be in the know about news?