EY Advisory Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 30, 2017

2.7

53 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

It was great,,,they were well rounded in asking about your work experiences and personal hobbies. It was great,,,they were well rounded in asking about your work experiences and personal hobbies. It was great,,,they were well rounded in asking about your work experiences and personal hobbies. It was great,,,they were well rounded in asking about your work experiences and personal hobbies

Interview Questions

• Give me a 5 minute overview about your experience?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview process was good, I got email from EY to set up first initial round of interview with recruiter. Once I cleared it then 30 mins phone interview with partner which was more or less on past work experience. Then I was flown to EY NYC for super day. I had three back to back interviews two with manager level and one with senior manager. Everything happened with me witithin one week, the only thing which I didn't like was on superday I was not so clear what they are actually looking for at manager leve.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I met with 5 senior leaders within the FSO Advisory practice. They all seemed very knowledgeable and nice. I did not get an offer as I did not have the specific technical experience they needed which I was up front about through out the interview process. It was a waste of time for me to meet with them and fly up to NY when they knew they needed this experience and I did not have it. Also after over 6 weeks I have yet to be reimbursed for my expenses which were well documented and supposedly accepted by EY.

Interview Questions

• The interview was more of a discussion about the direction of the practice and a high level conversation about my background and technical experience. There were no behavioral based interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

the recruiter and hiring a manager were open and honest about the interview process. My current salary was requested in the phone screen by the recruiter. I appreciated this since it kept us from wasting each other's time.

Interview Questions

• The interview was a phone interview with the hiring manager. He let me know he had a series of categories that he was obligated to fill out but that we would just have a conversation. The interview was candid and organic as we discussed IT trends and strategy. After the interview, the recruiter gave me feedback that it went well but wasn't the right fit for this role. He encouraged me to apply for other positions. Good process even though I didn't get the job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process is extremely slow. Started off with a recruiter then the hiring manager (an Executive Director). My formal interview process was completely chaotic. Sr Managers, Partner didn't show up so they threw in random managers/sr managers to fill the spots. My Partner interview was scheduled 3x and each time he didn't make the call. I even flew to meet him and he didn't show. Ended up being a 5 min call with a another partner in a sister practice. To be honest, this has turned out to be fairly accurate of how the position actually turned out. Everyone is exceptionally overloaded and busy.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral interview questions and culture fit.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Behavior questions. Four round with about eight people from recruiter to partner. Technique questions will be with some managers and senior managers. The hotel they booked is very nearby and very comfortable and the recruiter is very thoughtful.

Interview Questions

• technique and behavior questions   1 Answer

Advisory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter, after a month they set up a phone interview with a Sr Manager

After the phone screen I received an invite for the Super day interviews with 4 Sr Managers.

The process was pretty smooth and straightforward

Advisory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Was referred to EY by a Recruiter. The position was for Advisory Manager based in NYC in their Financial Services Risk Management (FSRM) group.
    First round was telephonic for about 30 min. Questions were related to the current project and also a couple of situational questions. This happened towards mid December. Then heard back from the Recruiter that EY wanted to meet me in person. Was called in on a Super Day (Jan 23rd) where they have their team interview multiple people for different positions (all on one day)
    Had 4 interviews, 3 were with partners and one was a Senior Manager. Most of them were connected to the resume and current roles/ responsibilites and how I would fit into EY. Was more of a discussion. All the interviewers and the HR folks were very pleasant. Had a great experience!
    Response was very quicik, interviews were on a Friday and the verbal offer came through in a week's time.

Advisory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY in August 2014.

Interview

first a call to know me and my expectations, then an interview with HR to learn about my expectations within the Company, an interview with SR Manager to test my technical knowledge and finally with a Partner.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Got a call from EY recruiter. Had a first screening with a HR and one with a Sr. Manager and clearing that round in the same week, was sent to NY for interview. Had a discussion with a sr manager there and while discussing with the partner found that they send me for a different dept. to interview with...disappointing...
    After 2 days got a call that they want to have further discussions. they scheduled 2 interviews/screenings with managers. It went pretty well, atleast thats what i thought.. Got a call from HR after 4 days that they loved to talk to me but my profile/experience does not match what they were looking for in the position....Shouldn't they be looking into my resume first if the profile is not what they are looking for and avoid wasting time.