EY Advisory Senior Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.8

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Advisory Senior Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I was initially contacted by one of their recruiters on LinkedIn. We scheduled a call and talked for about an hour. Her questions focused on my background, experience, and career goals.

About a week after the phone screen, they invited me to NYC for an in-person interview. This interview consisted of eight half-hour sessions with different managers. About 80% of their questions focused on my experience. They asked me to describe in detail various projects I had worked on and code that I had written. The other 20% was softball technical questions focusing on the differences between different reporting tools.

The entire process, from first contact to offer, took about three weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why should I use Qlik instead of Tableau?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. The recruiter reached out to me for initial phone screen. Once I was cleared, I was put through a 30 minute Skype interview with manager around technical work experience. Then I was flown down to EY office for super day with senior managers and managers. The whole interview process was very pleasant and a verbal offer came through in a week's time.

Interview Questions

• Why did you want to join EY?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Iselin, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (Iselin, NJ).

Interview

3 interviews by senior managers and partners - technical, behavioral, case study; 45 minutes each; Nothing too complicated but focus on future vision, team-fit, and business acumen; case study was a bit rushed because you only have 15 minutes to read and outline a response;

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest challenge you have faced and how did you tackle it?   Answer Question

Advisory Senior Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews and a screening test at home. Overall not something more than what is expected. They try to see whether you have the problem solving skills they are looking for

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

There were several phone interviews with HR and Business specific management before passing to the "Super Day". The Super Day is a 4 part interview. 1 Part with HR, 3 parts with managers and senior managers that you could potentially work with after joining the firm.

The questions are pretty standard, they ask about your background, types of projects you have worked on, level of clients you were exposed to in the past.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were really standard and based on your past experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave me everything I asked for, which was a very generous offer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

I originally bounced around from recruiter to recruiter within the firm to finally come to the advisory practice that i was most interested in. Everyone I spoke to was kind and very receptive. Eventually I was called into an interview with a manager, senior manager, and Partner. I clicked with each individual team member. Within 3 days I received a call extending an offer.

Interview Questions

• All questions were soft skills. Name the most difficult area that you tested and how you handled it from beginning to end.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Always negotiate. Look at the benefits package and the salary. Get data from sites and most importantly your network from other big 4.

Advisory Senior Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at EY in June 2014.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn to discuss the opportunity. Initial phone screen with recruiter, then phone interview with a Manager within the practice group. Next step was on site interview at NYC headquarters with 4 senior manager level team members. Received an offer about 2 weeks after the on site interview. Whole process took about a 6-7 weeks from start to finish. Very professional at every step along the way and great recruiting team.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions. Current events in your industry. Leadership and working in teams examples. Why EY.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Three rounds of interview. A few technical questions. Most interview questions are around my previous job experiences and my interest in the current position. No behavioral or case questions. Relatively simple since I had 5-year audit experience.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Charlotte, NC) in July 2013.

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter through LinkedIn. Had an intiial conversation with the recruiter, followed by 3 rounds of phone interviews. Then, I was called in for an in-person meet/greet - met with a Senior Manager and Partner -very informal and more learning about the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered in the range I asked for, I negotiated for a sign on bonus

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Pretty straightforward and quick. Applied to job posting on website, was contacted from recruiter within 2 weeks. 3-step interview process over about 3 weeks:
    1) 30 min phone call with recruiter inquiring about why I want to leave current firm, why E&Y, career goals
    2) 30 min technical screening phone call with Manager consisting of behavioral questions (e.g., tell me about a time you dealt with multiple tasks/priorities, tell me about the most challenging project you were a part of, tell me how you're actively trying to learn more about the industry and make a name for yourself)
    3) 3 separate in-person interviews with a Manager, Sr Manager, and Partner (each about 45 minutes) - questions were mostly behavioral, gauging interest in the job/field, and trying to determine fit within organization

Interview Questions

• (After Sr Manager described further some of the core functional sub-groups within the main Advisory group), which sub-group do you feel that you could contribute the most to and why?   Answer Question