EY Advisory Senior Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Advisory Senior Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Charlotte, NC) in July 2013.

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter through LinkedIn. Had an intiial conversation with the recruiter, followed by 3 rounds of phone interviews. Then, I was called in for an in-person meet/greet - met with a Senior Manager and Partner -very informal and more learning about the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered in the range I asked for, I negotiated for a sign on bonus

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Advisory Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

. Hired through reference.
    . First round was basic information, work-experience, projects I have worked on. They had a senior requirement, since I had the same background; I do not think, they thought twice
    . Second round was with Senior manager, behavioral and situational questions. Asked to explain basics of audit, in layman terms; so that the freshers could understand.
    . Third round was with the director. This was again behavioral and they asked questions about the work experience

Interview Questions

• 1. What is risk?
      2. What is Vulnerability?
      3. What is Threat?
      4. Why do we need IT audit, when we have financial audit?
      5. Types of audit, worked on?
      6. Why SOx Audit?
      7. Why SOC Audit? Full process?
      Answer Question

Advisory Senior Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EY in November 2009.

Interview

I had a phone interview which led to an office visit in the following week. I wasn't notified of the interview structure until I showed up. I walked in thinking it would be a first round but it was actually several back to back interviews with managers and senior managers. Final meeting was with a partner. Questions were almost all behavioral and going through the resume.

In my opinion, I believe the group was somewhat desperate for resources as the interviewers really pushed how great of a firm EY was because of its friendly culture and learning opportunities.

Interview Questions

Salary offered was very below market

Advisory Senior Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EY in April 2011.

Interview

Initial contact was with HR who set up the interview with another individual. Pretty short interview overall. Asked me 5 questions which had little to do with the position i applied for and mostly pertained to a position I had over 6 years ago. I seemed to have more questions than they did.

Advisory Senior Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY in November 2011.

Interview

I spoke with two recruiters by phone, and then met in person with an HR representative, two senior managers, and a partner. All of my interviews were one on one. Questions revolved around my background and prior experience. I had the sense that candidates should elaborate on prior experriene in a concise way and offer a very polished and professional demeanor.

Interview Questions

• In what capacity have you worked with clients previously?   Answer Question
    • How did you sell your prior company's services? What differentiated their services?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Three rounds of interview. A few technical questions. Most interview questions are around my previous job experiences and my interest in the current position. No behavioral or case questions. Relatively simple since I had 5-year audit experience.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (Tampa, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

You come in the evening before where you actually have a dinner. Then the next day you look over multiple business cases. Describe the weaknesses and outline a strategy to resolve them. You then have 3 interviews (mine was a manager and two partners), where they ask you behavioral type questions. A final group meeting and then they let you go.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about travel?   1 Answer

Advisory Senior Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I was initially contacted by one of their recruiters on LinkedIn. We scheduled a call and talked for about an hour. Her questions focused on my background, experience, and career goals.

About a week after the phone screen, they invited me to NYC for an in-person interview. This interview consisted of eight half-hour sessions with different managers. About 80% of their questions focused on my experience. They asked me to describe in detail various projects I had worked on and code that I had written. The other 20% was softball technical questions focusing on the differences between different reporting tools.

The entire process, from first contact to offer, took about three weeks.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

My friend helped to submit my resume, and then received a phone call from HR lady. Conversation went
    well, and then she scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager after 1 week. I handled the conversation from Paris where I traveling and then he told to prepare for onsite interview.
    Onsite interview planning took EY a bit time with several tries, and after 1 month, I finally made my trip to NYC.
    Interview is conversation type. I met 4 people in 2 hours and it's over. They asked me questions about resume, my past projects, and how I interacted with my customers. People are smart, good at what they are doing and they are very friendly. No interviewers tried to grill me.

Interview Questions

• give me an example how you interact with customers   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer is fair and within my expectation. I tried to asked a bit more, and HR told me it's really the best he could manage. Nothing more to say, I accepted it.

Senior Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (McLean, VA) in August 2010.

Interview

Process is streamlined.
    - Phone screen by HR
    - Phone interview with a SM
    - Office interview with M and SM
    - Hoping to get a call for next round :)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not there yet