EY Advisory Senior Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Advisory Senior Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.7

Advisory Senior Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I was initially contacted by one of their recruiters on LinkedIn. We scheduled a call and talked for about an hour. Her questions focused on my background, experience, and career goals.

About a week after the phone screen, they invited me to NYC for an in-person interview. This interview consisted of eight half-hour sessions with different managers. About 80% of their questions focused on my experience. They asked me to describe in detail various projects I had worked on and code that I had written. The other 20% was softball technical questions focusing on the differences between different reporting tools.

The entire process, from first contact to offer, took about three weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why should I use Qlik instead of Tableau?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. The recruiter reached out to me for initial phone screen. Once I was cleared, I was put through a 30 minute Skype interview with manager around technical work experience. Then I was flown down to EY office for super day with senior managers and managers. The whole interview process was very pleasant and a verbal offer came through in a week's time.

Interview Questions

• Why did you want to join EY?   1 Answer

Advisory Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

. Hired through reference.
    . First round was basic information, work-experience, projects I have worked on. They had a senior requirement, since I had the same background; I do not think, they thought twice
    . Second round was with Senior manager, behavioral and situational questions. Asked to explain basics of audit, in layman terms; so that the freshers could understand.
    . Third round was with the director. This was again behavioral and they asked questions about the work experience

Interview Questions

• 1. What is risk?
      2. What is Vulnerability?
      3. What is Threat?
      4. Why do we need IT audit, when we have financial audit?
      5. Types of audit, worked on?
      6. Why SOx Audit?
      7. Why SOC Audit? Full process?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Iselin, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (Iselin, NJ).

Interview

3 interviews by senior managers and partners - technical, behavioral, case study; 45 minutes each; Nothing too complicated but focus on future vision, team-fit, and business acumen; case study was a bit rushed because you only have 15 minutes to read and outline a response;

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest challenge you have faced and how did you tackle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Washington, DC) in January 2011.

Interview

I was brought in by a recruiter and met with two Partners, two senior managers and a senior. The process was comprehensive, but did take quite a bit of time to go through. The interviewers were professional and the experience was great. The questions were well thought out and it was not a fluff interview. Definitely come prepared.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you encountered a situation where someone on your team was not pulling their weight and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Advisory Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Chennai (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

two technical rounds followed by a HR . initially a screening round via telecon. The interviewer asked more about JAVA WS as my previous experience was on SOAP Ws.The interview process cant say much easy but not tough either

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (Tampa, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

You come in the evening before where you actually have a dinner. Then the next day you look over multiple business cases. Describe the weaknesses and outline a strategy to resolve them. You then have 3 interviews (mine was a manager and two partners), where they ask you behavioral type questions. A final group meeting and then they let you go.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about travel?   1 Answer

Advisory Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied in-person. Interviewed at EY in 2013.

Interview was with a case study. about one and a half hour. Interview is based on the case study and business knowledge. Interviewers will be a Director and Manager. Friendly Environment.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with us   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Three rounds of interview. A few technical questions. Most interview questions are around my previous job experiences and my interest in the current position. No behavioral or case questions. Relatively simple since I had 5-year audit experience.

Advisory Senior Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews and a screening test at home. Overall not something more than what is expected. They try to see whether you have the problem solving skills they are looking for