EY Advisory Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Advisory Staff Interview Questions

Interviews at EY

2.8

Advisory Staff Interview

Interview

I applied through my school's career website. I was called for an on campus interview about one week later

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deliver bad news   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Binghamton, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting and went through resume with a local office senior manager and got the 2nd round interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Atlanta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

Gave the recruiter my resume at a career fair on campus and was then invited to a coffee social. I got the first round 1:1 on campus interview with a senior manager and it was very conversational. The second round was an office visit. Thursday night we had a dinner at a partner's home and it was pretty much a meet and greet. It was very laid back. Friday morning we went into the office.The first two interviews were one on one with a partner and senior manager. They were both pretty conversational and mostly me asking the interviewer questions. They want to see a lot of confidence and your interest in the company. The third was a case study. I immediately did a SWOT analysis when reading the case and the interviewer asked for that when I went in so that was great.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest thing you've ever done?   2 Answers

Advisory Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

After campus recruiting at a career fair, I was asked to interview for a level-1 entry staff member for Advisory. The interview consisted of going over my resume, pulling experiences from my resume to answer behavioral questions.The interviewers do have a sheet with sample interview questions for them to choose from, instead of them selecting questions based on your resume. After a few weeks they will call back about second round interviews which take place at headquarters and consist of case studies individually and in groups.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you expected to fail but came through in the end?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EY (San Jose, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

1 interview with a Manager or Senior Manager
    1 Interview with a Partner
    1 Case Study

Interview Questions

• The only difficult part was the case study. The Partner just wanted to chat with me.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

I had been in contact with the company for almost a year before my formal interview. It was an in-office interview I was offered after attending a national conference for college students at my preference location. No hotel stay included, however, all expenses were reimbursed by the firm. The interview was very straight forward. I hesitate to say it was easy. One case study on a basic potential M&A deal where I was asked to list areas of concern and what I would do. No "right" answer, just buzzwords were looked for to make sure I recognized the area was of importance for the client to consider in the deal. Two other behavioral interviews that were very standard. No brainteasers, test on current events etc..

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Have not tried, though I may consider it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied through school's career website. Received an email few days after the deadline for the 1st round interview. I was also asked to complete a online writing assessment before the interview. The writing assessment has a limitation of 45 mins, and my topic was "recent events in the financial industry that has impact" or something like that. One of my friend got a topic like "the person you admire the most".

It was a typical on campus interview, and the process was pretty relaxed. Answered a few standard Big 4 interview type of questions. And I was told to wait for the decision for the 2nd round interview.

As a result, none of the candidates from the on-campus interview moved to the 2nd round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I interviewed at EY (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2013.

Interview

A manager from IT advisory interviewed me. Mostly behaviour questions. It lasts about 30 min.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with an HR representative asking very basic information regarding previous jobs, salary expectations, current salary, etc. Week later phone interview with a Manager. It was in-depth conversation with some behavioral questions and some technical questions. They want to get a sense of whether or not you like this particular field and whether or not you would fit in their team. One day later HR rep scheduled a superday at the NY office. 6 1:1 interviews with managers, directors, and staff. Standard behavioral questions, but they really dug deep on technical questions. I couldn't answer most of the technical stuff because my knowledge and expertise is simply not up to their level, but they just want to see how you react to these types of situations. They are looking for enthusiasm and a positive attitude. Two weeks later I get a phone call from the hiring manager explaining that they liked me a lot and the feedback was very positive and they continued the job offer process for about two more weeks of filling out paperwork and various forms. About four weeks after I interviewed at the superday they email me the offer letter.

I went over and beyond with interview preparation and research. I honestly do not think I would have gotten this far without going at least 110%.

Interview Questions

• What exactly do you do at your current job? It appears you do little to no analysis with the model.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, but I assume the more experience you have the better your chances are, but EY is a very structured company so salaries at each level have minimums and maximums, so be prepared and you should expect what you deserve.

Advisory Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

phone interview (screening) with recruiter, then with a manager. Invited to Superday, where I was intereviewed by 4 senior managers and a Partner. Don't really have a lot of time to ask questions or go too much into detail in 30 minute interviews, but got the feeling they were more interested in learning if you are the right fit and can be "developed".