EY Advisory Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.9

134 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Advisory Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

On campus > Onsite Superday. Overall loved the interview process and culture of company. Very quick to follow up and answer any questions. The interviewers themselves were very relaxed and went out of their way to make you comfortable.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Advisory Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Pre-interview dinner and interview the next day. Received an email for a second round interview (office visit). First night we had dinner with senior managers and a partner. The next day we had 3 back to back interviews, including one case interview. It was overall a fun experience, everyone was super nice and professional.

Advisory Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through the University website and had an on-campus interview, The interviewer was nice. He just asked technical questions, no behavioral. The process was enjoyable. He gave hints if I didn't know the answers. He gave me positive feedback at the end of the interview. But no offer at the end.

Advisory Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

The interview was separated into three different "mini" interviews, all performed in one day. Simple character questions, scenarios, and just small talk was about all that I had to do.

There is a case study, and you need to prepare for it, because I didnt, and from an inside source that I know, is why I came in second and did not get the offer.

Great people.

Advisory Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Applied online through university job board and also through company website online. Got interview call through university job board in an weeks time. Interview was on campus. Got to know the result in 2 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL).

Interview

One interview on campus and following that several interviews held in the office. These are typically with managers and up. Most staff positions are taken up by interns, but are still available. As an interviewer now, I can say it is very typical that once candidates are in the office, the largest driver is to understand personality and if they would fit with the team. Less of a concern around technical abilities at that time.

Advisory Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

First round was a phone screening with HR that was mostly going into my background and matching up the position my skillset. Second round was a phone call set up with a manager in the practice. This was both behavioral and technical as the manager dug into my resume and asked pertinent questions. I was also presented a situational case which was more technical and in the end went through to the final round which was a super day. The super day was with an interviewer at each level and its mostly behavioral. In the end, I didn't get an offer as they wanted more experienced candidates. Everyone was super friendly and very nice.

Advisory Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY in November 2015.

Interview

I initially met some members of the Roseville office at a career fair and applied online later that weekend. About a week later they scheduled an interview on campus which lasted about 30 minutes. That first round was primarily behavioral-based questions. A few days later they invited me to the final interview held at their office.

The final interview was not as bad as I anticipated it might be. Each candidate was assigned a staff member to usher him or her around the office. We had breakfast in the conference room and had a chance to get to know every one. I had two interview, one with a partner and senior manager. The partner and I had a sort of behavioral interview, but it was really just conversational. I think the only typical interview question was "Why EY?"

The senior manager worked me through a case study. Unfortunately we got behind in schedule and I wasn't given enough time as the case was designed for. Basically I just read through the company and discussed the problems that I thought should be prioritized and sort the root causes from the symptoms. It was very conversational and absolutely okay to ask questions. Afterwards we had an info session about the company, benefits, culture and direction the company is moving. The interview ended with lunch out at a nearby restaurant. A few days later I was required to submit a business writing sample. They gave me a scenario about a friend asking for advice and what advice I would give her.

From beginning to end, I loved the everyone I met at the firm and it was a great process. Really excited to join the team in the fall.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were working on a team and things didn't go according to plan?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Ernst and Young as opposed to another Big Four firm?   Answer Question
    • Case Study Question: Where do you think the problems started?   Answer Question
    • Case Study Question: Can you tell me which issues are the root causes and which problems are symptoms of the roots?   Answer Question
    • Case Study Question: What advice do you have for this company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through college. The first round was a behavioral interview after which I was invited to a super day. The questions were pretty standard. The super day consisted of 3 interviews. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Friendly interviewers with very common questions, not too technical, expect a very simple case study, nothing to worry about...Basically be ready for the most common interview questions, you will likely already be prepared, also be ready to talk about the role that you are applying to...at least on a very basic level

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experiences? Walk me through your resume?   1 Answer