EY Advisory Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.9

133 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Advisory Staff Interview

Interview

Very relaxed interview, open questions.

Interview Questions

• What´s the most valuable experience you can bring to our practice?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Quick and easy negotiation; standard table of salaries and benefits for starting positions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Advisory Staff Interview

Interview

Questions will be asked regarding why you apply for the job, how you can fit and assist the department and some situational questions may be asked.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how to increase the revenue of a school.   1 Answer

Advisory Staff Interview

Interview

I applied through my school's career website. I was called for an on campus interview about one week later

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deliver bad news   1 Answer

Advisory Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

phone interview (screening) with recruiter, then with a manager. Invited to Superday, where I was intereviewed by 4 senior managers and a Partner. Don't really have a lot of time to ask questions or go too much into detail in 30 minute interviews, but got the feeling they were more interested in learning if you are the right fit and can be "developed".

Advisory Staff Interview

Interview

Campus interview first interview 30 min basic behavioral questions not too hard. Asked basic questions about my resume and my experiences. Said I would hear back in 2-3 weeks.

Advisory Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

The hiring process took longer than I expected, but was a fairly simple process overall.

1) Reached out by an EY recruiter in the beginning regarding the nature of the position and a discussion of the type of work involved.

2) Next step was a phone interview with a Manager/Senior Manager about the practice in general, type of people they are looking for, and further in-depth discussion of the types of opportunities within the practice

3) Final part of the process was in person interviews, each lasting anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult. It seemed to be purely a behavioral interview. As in, is this someone I would want to work with on a daily basis, especially late nights, and would they make a great impression on the client.   Answer Question

Advisory Staff Interview

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting system and on-campus recruiting event. Had a first round interview a week later, and heard back about second round 4 weeks later. The first round was walking through resume and behavioral questions, followed by questions to ask the interviewer. The interviewer was a manager and the conversation was quite relaxed.

Advisory Staff Interview

Interview

The interview started with 1:1 meeting with a senior manager and a writing assessment. Questions are mostly related to behavioral questions and some questions related to your opinion about technology. After passed that, I got invited to an on-site interview.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly fun actually. The people I encountered were great and welcoming individuals. From an on-campus perspective, you start with the interview dinner the night before your interview which gives you a great chance to truly get to know who is about to interview you. Which makes for an even better interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Houston, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview consisted of three one on one interviews. The first interview was with the office head. it was very casual and included very few interview questions. The second interview started with a review of my resume and then moved to my financial background. The interviewer tried to grill me and make me uncomfrotable. The last interview was about past work expereince and ended with me asing questions about the firm.