EY Advisory Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.9

133 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Miami, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through career management services at school and was contacted very shortly after. I interviewed at school and EY got back to me within 3 days. The office visit was one week after the campus interview. The actual interview was very relaxed and mainly conversational. All the interviewers made an effort to make the people being interviewed comfortable.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Roseville, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I'm currently waiting if I get offer. I should be notified by Nov. 20.
    I applied through on-campus job search.Two weeks later I was notified of interviews.Four days later I received a call of 2nd interviews.Second interview was friendly and non-stressful.Breakfast & lunch was provided. I met EY staff at the 2nd interview and was assigned with a college alumni who was my personal guide throughout the interview process. Definitely be yourself; it's extremely easy to see who's stressful/tense. Being yourself will help your nerves and will make your interview easier.

Interview Questions

• First Round: My interviewer is a Principal Advisor and she asked me behavioral questions. Be prepared for follow up questions. She asked about a project and resources I used; then she asked if there was conflict (what it was and why it existed); follow by what I did to resolve it.
      Why haven't you found a career in the health sector(BS was in health)? Why are you pursuing an MBA and why did you choose EY? Tell me of a time you had to go beyond the call of duty and how you motivated yourself and employees?

2nd Round: Situational questions based on my experience overseeing family business. I was asked if I know what Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) is and how companies use it. All questions were situational. Case interview was 5 pages and had 20 minutes to read the case, find issues and come with solutions. Case was based on retail company; definitely not a hard case. The company had many issues. Problem with case study was running out of time to come with solution.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly fun actually. The people I encountered were great and welcoming individuals. From an on-campus perspective, you start with the interview dinner the night before your interview which gives you a great chance to truly get to know who is about to interview you. Which makes for an even better interview.

Advisory Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through campus. There is an on campus interview. The interviewer was pretty nice. And the interview is basically behavioral and conversational. The behavioral questions are really common you can just google it. Examples are, whats your five year plan, tell me your leadership in a team project. have you ever left behind in a team project and how you handled it.

Application

Interview

45 minutes behavioural interview on campus after a dinner social the night before. The interview itself was pretty relaxed, more of a conversational based. They just really want to get to know how you think and how you interact with another person in a professional manner. The interviewer started by introducing himself and what he does with the firm and then outlined how the 30 minutes were going to be played out starting out with walking through resume, asked basic behavioural questions mostly about how you worked in teams and dealt with conflict, time management skills, leadership experiences. Ended by leaving some time for me to ask some questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you've had conflict in a group setting and how did you deal with that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through my school online, got through first round interviews. Huge second(final) round interviews with a dinner the night before and 3 interviews (2 behavioral, 1 case study), got called with an offer the day later.

Interview Questions

• Mostly just asked about the company and why you want to work there, lots of conversation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Columbus, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

The first round was on campus, and the interview questions were pretty standard behavior questions. Since I applied for the advisory, they required me to complete a writing assessment prior to the interview. The writing assessment was probably to test your problem solving skills to a special scenario and to test how you organize your languages.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (Cleveland, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

On campus interview post our university's career fair, followed by an online written assessment, which was a GRE AWA type essay question with a time limit. I felt that the interview went pretty smoothly. There was a further round at their office after this, but unfortunately I did not make it to that stage. Overall, being my first interview, it was a good experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

There were 2 rounds of interviews. I had a total of 3 interviews during Superday. They were very well organized. Every professional I met was personable and genuine. The interviews end before noon and a professional treated the candidates to lunch around the Times Square area. They answered additional questions. My experience overall was very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked in a team and there was a conflict.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Miami, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through my university- attended presentation as well as met at career fair. Got called for an on-campus interview but ended up being out-of-town for a another interview- they were very accommodating and gave me a phone interview instead. A week later got called in for an in-office out of town. Flown in night before, all-day interview the next day of 3 in-person interviews including 1 case study. Lunch and dinner were at a restaurant close by with coworkers. Overall great but a very long day. Called a month later with an offer (a long wait!)