EY Advisory Staff Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

EY Advisory Staff Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Sep 11, 2017

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through college. The first round was a behavioral interview after which I was invited to a super day. The questions were pretty standard. The super day consisted of 3 interviews. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Friendly interviewers with very common questions, not too technical, expect a very simple case study, nothing to worry about...Basically be ready for the most common interview questions, you will likely already be prepared, also be ready to talk about the role that you are applying to...at least on a very basic level

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experiences? Walk me through your resume?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

There were 2 rounds of interviews. I had a total of 3 interviews during Superday. They were very well organized. Every professional I met was personable and genuine. The interviews end before noon and a professional treated the candidates to lunch around the Times Square area. They answered additional questions. My experience overall was very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked in a team and there was a conflict.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

1. Pre-interview dinner: met with managers and senior managers, networking stuff
    2. OCI - Standard interview questions, easy questions
    3. On-site interview - at time square, everything was reimbursed. one case interview(guided interview, not hard), two behaviors (easy)

Interview Questions

• When was a difficult situation for your leadership experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

My interview process took place over two rounds. The first round took place on campus. Second round was super day. Super day consisted of a behavioral interview, panel interview, and case study. The behavioral questions were basically the same as the first interview. The case study is looking for you to identify risks.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

One senior manager, one director. Very relaxing. Ask some casual questions about my current position, personal interests. Introduced the life in EY to me. Got offer over the phone one week after the interview, but later the position was put on hold.

Interview Questions

• How to internal audit accounts receivable   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed with two people. First a senior manager then a director. Very relaxing interview, each one took more than 30 minutes. Introduced the life in EY to me, talked about some personal hobbies. The director ask me some tech questions to see if I have a concept of advisory. Got offer over the phone one week after the interview. But the position was on hold later.

Interview Questions

• How to audit accounts receivable   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

2 Behavioral interview and a Case Study . The behavioral interview is with a partner and a Senior Manager. Case study usually with a Manager/Senior Manager.
    The purpose for case study is to understand your thought process to tackle problem, identify issues and what the company is doing good.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with diverse ideas that were different from your own to complete a work or school project   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Got referred by a EY employee. The recruiter emailed me very soon, and scheduled a phone interview in 3 days.
    The phone interview was basically questions about my experience and some behavioral based questions
    After the interview, I didn't hear back from the recruiter. One week later I sent a follow up email, and got rejected.

Interview Questions

• why did you choose your college, describe a time you had problem working with a team   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Mid september the director of my program sent out an email alerting us to a few job offers EY had for MIS students. I finished my application around Sept. 20th. Later that week I got an email back saying I had an on campus interview the following week.

I found the on campus interview to be rather unorganized. First they put you in a room with some Staff from the local office then take you in to do a behavioral (resume walk through) interview with a manager through the local office. "Tell me about a time you were a leader" "What is your experience with tech, Excel, Access etc". I thought I did pretty bad as me and the interviewer didn't really hit it off she was pretty bland but the questions we're easy exactly what I expected.

Three weeks later I heard back that I had an Office Visit interview for mid november in NYC (my first choice office as indicated in first interview). They fly you in if you're far enough, put you up in a hotel the whole nine yards. Definitely take the hotel even if you're not too far so you can feel relaxed going in the day of and not worrying about traffic.

9:30 you meet in the office, Recruiters give you and other dozen or so candidates a brag slide show about how great EY, standard rankings and stuff. Then they match you up with a 'Greeter' who escorts you to your interviews for that day. Whole day felt super rushed, interviews back to back to back. My first was with a Manager, then Senior Manager and finally a case with a Partner. First two interviews we're pretty behavioral, only asked one or two questions actually and my answers turned into a conversation. Partner interview with a case was pretty intimidating but they are looking for your thought process not an answer. Case was NOT like a consulting case for MBB, I studied some frameworks but did not use them, it is a written case.

Got the call with an offer the Monday following my Friday interview.

Interview Questions

• 20 minutes to read the case and analyze it. Case was about 6 pages long, a lot to look over in a short period of time.   1 Answer