EY Advisory Staff Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

EY Advisory Staff Interview Questions in New York City, NY

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with an HR representative asking very basic information regarding previous jobs, salary expectations, current salary, etc. Week later phone interview with a Manager. It was in-depth conversation with some behavioral questions and some technical questions. They want to get a sense of whether or not you like this particular field and whether or not you would fit in their team. One day later HR rep scheduled a superday at the NY office. 6 1:1 interviews with managers, directors, and staff. Standard behavioral questions, but they really dug deep on technical questions. I couldn't answer most of the technical stuff because my knowledge and expertise is simply not up to their level, but they just want to see how you react to these types of situations. They are looking for enthusiasm and a positive attitude. Two weeks later I get a phone call from the hiring manager explaining that they liked me a lot and the feedback was very positive and they continued the job offer process for about two more weeks of filling out paperwork and various forms. About four weeks after I interviewed at the superday they email me the offer letter.

I went over and beyond with interview preparation and research. I honestly do not think I would have gotten this far without going at least 110%.

Interview Questions

• What exactly do you do at your current job? It appears you do little to no analysis with the model.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, but I assume the more experience you have the better your chances are, but EY is a very structured company so salaries at each level have minimums and maximums, so be prepared and you should expect what you deserve.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

My interview process took place over two rounds. The first round took place on campus. Second round was super day. Super day consisted of a behavioral interview, panel interview, and case study. The behavioral questions were basically the same as the first interview. The case study is looking for you to identify risks.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

There were 2 rounds of interviews. I had a total of 3 interviews during Superday. They were very well organized. Every professional I met was personable and genuine. The interviews end before noon and a professional treated the candidates to lunch around the Times Square area. They answered additional questions. My experience overall was very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked in a team and there was a conflict.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

1. Pre-interview dinner: met with managers and senior managers, networking stuff
    2. OCI - Standard interview questions, easy questions
    3. On-site interview - at time square, everything was reimbursed. one case interview(guided interview, not hard), two behaviors (easy)

Interview Questions

• When was a difficult situation for your leadership experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Round 1: One Behavioral interview (Location: Campus)
    Round 2: Two behavioral interviews and one technical interview (Location: EY Office)
    Technical interview comprised of solving a case by answering a fixed set of questions. It is important that you ask questions too during this process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through college. The first round was a behavioral interview after which I was invited to a super day. The questions were pretty standard. The super day consisted of 3 interviews. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Great interview. It was a very basic/fair case given by a Manager level individual, and then 2 behavioral interviews, one from a Senior Manager, and the other from a Partner of the firm. The questions were fair, the interviewers were reasonable, and nothing was thrown out of right field.

Interview Questions

• How will hiring you help to contribute to our vision 2020 goal? What are your strengths and weaknesses? Are you confident with both your quant and verbal skills? Why are you interested in Financial Services?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

One senior manager, one director. Very relaxing. Ask some casual questions about my current position, personal interests. Introduced the life in EY to me. Got offer over the phone one week after the interview, but later the position was put on hold.

Interview Questions

• How to internal audit accounts receivable   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed with two people. First a senior manager then a director. Very relaxing interview, each one took more than 30 minutes. Introduced the life in EY to me, talked about some personal hobbies. The director ask me some tech questions to see if I have a concept of advisory. Got offer over the phone one week after the interview. But the position was on hold later.

Interview Questions

• How to audit accounts receivable   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Got referred by a EY employee. The recruiter emailed me very soon, and scheduled a phone interview in 3 days.
    The phone interview was basically questions about my experience and some behavioral based questions
    After the interview, I didn't hear back from the recruiter. One week later I sent a follow up email, and got rejected.

Interview Questions

• why did you choose your college, describe a time you had problem working with a team   Answer Question