EY Assistant Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Assistant Director Interview Questions

Interviews at EY

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Alpharetta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

Contacted by a "screener" that provided initial job detail and my experience to determine fit and salary compatibility. I was later contacted to interview with the hiring managers and staff (phone interview as they are overseas).

Interview Questions

• Situational based questions - dealing with people at or below your rank that don't report to you, but you need action from.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Extremely lengthy process typically takes 2-3 months with excessive number of interviews. Decision is by committee and not left up to the individual hiring manager. This commonly prevents the hiring manager from actually choosing or offering based on their intuition for the specific role.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not difficult, but the sheer number of interviews ensures candidates are jaded and repetitive   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer is always mid-range, always go back for additional salary, was able to achieve $5k bump upwards from initial just by asking.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

I was recruited by a newly hired partner, and was required to meet with an HR Executive Recruiter. He looked at my credentials coming in and we spent time discussing my relevant experience. There were no other requirements at the time (it has probably changed) and a few weeks later I received my offer package via FedEx.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

A call from recruiter, call with the hiring manager, and then in person interview. This was my second time applying - they went with an internal transfer the first go around. I was pleased with the second round of interviews - the background check was more detailed than any background check I've every had completed.

Interview Questions

• Discuss how you worked with a challenging client - what was the issue, and how did you work through it?   1 Answer

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I had 1 interview with human resources and then an interview with the hiring manager and two team members. I also had to complete a case study. Be prepared to share examples of your work. Takes 2-3 month to complete the entire process to actual start date.

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

The interview process was quite quick and thorough. Had two rounds of technical interview for the cloud architect role. Both the rounds were conducted from the US.

Received the offer letter and was surprised to read that it is shift-based work (which was not disclosed to me). The HR/Recruitment team needs to be more professional and needs to understand the appropriate way of working with senior candidates. (One thing which I found awkward was that even before the process began, they wanted to negotiate on the salary. This gives a hint that they may possibly be hiring in bulk, and thus needs to fulfill the numbers quickly within a given budget.)

Interview Questions

• Past experience, Roles played, Security, DevOps, Cloud PaaS services, etc.   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY in March 2018.

Interview

Interview process is good and moved faster but package is not as expected to market standards. The HR coordinator was good in arranging the interview bdates and flexible. I got the offer latter in weeks of time after final HR discussion.

Interview Questions

• challenges faced in the current role   1 Answer

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

A lot of promises were made upfront of what the role would entail but later realised they were not practical for the team or not realistic to setup due to lack of resource/time.

Interview Questions

• How old are you and how come such an attractive person not be married   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY in November 2010.

Interview

Over the phone interview with recruiter, then direct supervisor, then direct and senior supervisors. Final, interview in person with direct supervisor. Topics focused around resume and certain skill areas referenced in job posting.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous work experience around X topic area.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salaries are set by industry standard with little room for manuever based on company rank and entry point.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in December 2014.

Interview

First Stage Phone Interview with the Recruiter for an hour
    Second Stage Face to Face Interview with the Hiring Manager for an hour and half
    Third Stage Panel Interview with the Head of Recruitment and Recruiter for an hour
    Informal Catch up with Associate Director
    Offer Made within a month

Interview Questions

• Experience in the Region and Keeping up with trends
      How I would handle a difficult situation
      If I were to continue in the role, how would I perform   Answer Question