EY Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

First is the case and the second half is conversational. They came to campus to have this interview. The case was a little long which was a little bit hard

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

I got an interview on campus. The interview lasted 1 hour... two 30 minute interview with 1-1 person.
    It was a pleasant experience but just a little awkward because when you switch rooms you meet the other candidate that you literally are competing with. I guess for all interviews your competing with someone but the format of the interview made it kind of weird. It was a standard interview not technically based

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

Typical campus recruiting experience. It supposed to be in person interview but because of the snow, we interviewed on Skype. But highly suggest do it in person. The interviewer is nice and the questions are very normal and you can get most of the questions online. In terms of the case, you had better to practice a lot before the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why choose EY? Why this function? Your leadership experiences? And a case study.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interviews, Manager, Senior Manager and 2 Partners. Questions are very easy, particularly fit questions to make sure you are interested in doing transfer pricing. The partners are very nice and encouraging and want you to succeed but are interested in determining that you are keen and want to be a part of Transfer Pricing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Got a call, great people to talk to, excellent conversation. Good questions and gave supporting replies. They are Excited to hear what you have to say and very interested in your future plans. One of very few companies that really focuses on you rather than numbers. Core values of EY are the best. They encourage leadership and hard work. Dont stress when talking to them, really casual conversation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (San Jose, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

After the first interview, they took 2 weeks to let me know I selected to be invited to the EY San Jose office. They took me to the nice restaurant the day before the interview. It was a great time to get to know the professionals from EY and the culture in San Jose. The interview schedule was from 8 am to 2 pm and they provided breakfast and lunch. I had 2 interviews with a partner and a senior. Interviews was like having a conversation. It was pretty easy. Most of my friends got a phone call right after the interview or next day, but I had to wait for the no offer email for 2 weeks. If you don't get a phone call within 2 days, you may not get an offer from EY.

Associate Interview

Interview

Interviewed with the company. It was a good experience interviewing with the company. Went to a couple interviews which ranged from campus interview to additional interviews at the office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX).

Interview

1st was a phone interview, asking about previous and current employment and job responsibilities. Then about current salary requirements. Follow up was an office interview. Basic questions about work ethic, where you see yourself in 5 years etc. Typical interview questions. Another follow up phone interview asking specific questions about the job and my experience with those duties. Next was asked to interview with the team I would be working with which included 2 partners. Everything went well and I was pretty sure I had the job in the bag. A month goes by and the recruiter calls and tells me they were restructuring the position with a lighter work load and lower salary. This whole process took almost 2 months and in the end was a big waste of time. Really left a bad taste in my mouth about working for EY. They seemed to be really unorganized for such a large company. The left hand didn't seem to know what the right hand was doing.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to pretend that the desk in front of us was a canvas and what if I were to paint what my future of the company would be, what would it look like. Really through me off guard and I think I said something like " I would paint a tree with branches going up reflecting the many positions and skills acquired while working my way to the top."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EY (Richmond, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

Typical order of operations you would expect from a campus interview process. application followed by in person interview, invitation to a two day interview event at the company location, a series of three interviews (behavioral, general fit, partner vetting)

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for EY   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

I met with 15 people including other associates, managers, principals, and vice presidents for thirty to sixty minute long interviews. I interviewed over three visits to the office and also had a phone interview prior to being invited to the office for the in person interviews. The interviews consisted of solving business cases, personality testing, and conversations where the interviewer got to know me better, The cases focused on real life examples of problems that I would encounter on the job.