EY Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Associate Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2017

140 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Amongst the big 4, EY has the most unprofessional recruiters and unorganized recruiting process. Was contacted to interview over the phone. The interviewer was unprepared because he confused me with a student from a rival school and had to look for my resume for a good 2 minutes while I was waiting on the other line. The recruiters never respond to emails. Compared to the other big 4's recruiters and recruiting processes, EY tends to hire based on diversity and do not hire the smartest or the most competent people.

The interviewer was a manager and was told through word of mouth that he had his favorites and had no intention of hiring anyone else. The interview was a waste of time. He did not introduce himself and responded very curtly when I tried to talk about myself. He wanted to avoid all personal information and wanted me to answer his generic questions.

Also, to this day, I never got an email after that phone interview. There was no email notifying me of any sort of result.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Associate Interview

Interview

This is the first year of them doing the digital interview, it is a recording interview that participant can finish it online. They've prerecord each questions and you only need to record your answers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

First is the case and the second half is conversational. They came to campus to have this interview. The case was a little long which was a little bit hard

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

I got an interview on campus. The interview lasted 1 hour... two 30 minute interview with 1-1 person.
    It was a pleasant experience but just a little awkward because when you switch rooms you meet the other candidate that you literally are competing with. I guess for all interviews your competing with someone but the format of the interview made it kind of weird. It was a standard interview not technically based

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EY (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was just a conversation. Quite friendly and well managed. It was quite straight forward. The interviewer, who is a senior manager of the audit group. First I was asked to do a self-introduction, then he asked me some facts on my resume. The last few minutes we talked about my questions related to the firm. The manager was so nice to give me suggestion for future carear

Interview Questions

• It was just a conversation. Quite friendly and well managed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

Typical campus recruiting experience. It supposed to be in person interview but because of the snow, we interviewed on Skype. But highly suggest do it in person. The interviewer is nice and the questions are very normal and you can get most of the questions online. In terms of the case, you had better to practice a lot before the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why choose EY? Why this function? Your leadership experiences? And a case study.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interviews, Manager, Senior Manager and 2 Partners. Questions are very easy, particularly fit questions to make sure you are interested in doing transfer pricing. The partners are very nice and encouraging and want you to succeed but are interested in determining that you are keen and want to be a part of Transfer Pricing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Got a call, great people to talk to, excellent conversation. Good questions and gave supporting replies. They are Excited to hear what you have to say and very interested in your future plans. One of very few companies that really focuses on you rather than numbers. Core values of EY are the best. They encourage leadership and hard work. Dont stress when talking to them, really casual conversation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (San Jose, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

After the first interview, they took 2 weeks to let me know I selected to be invited to the EY San Jose office. They took me to the nice restaurant the day before the interview. It was a great time to get to know the professionals from EY and the culture in San Jose. The interview schedule was from 8 am to 2 pm and they provided breakfast and lunch. I had 2 interviews with a partner and a senior. Interviews was like having a conversation. It was pretty easy. Most of my friends got a phone call right after the interview or next day, but I had to wait for the no offer email for 2 weeks. If you don't get a phone call within 2 days, you may not get an offer from EY.

Associate Interview

Interview

Interviewed with the company. It was a good experience interviewing with the company. Went to a couple interviews which ranged from campus interview to additional interviews at the office.