EY Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at EY

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

the interview process began with an on campus interview, followed by an interview in the office. all the interviewees were subdivided and taken to interview with two managers (one at a time)

Interview Questions

• a time when you faced a team challenge and how you handled it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

They came to campus for networking events and selected candidates from a resume drop. I think I was selected because I networked with a partner before hand so he already knew who I was before the networking event. The interview was very laid back. It was mostly fit and character for the accounting side of the house.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Houston, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Very simple, all behavior questions. There is always a need for more auditors, so as long as you can communicate well and hold a conversation then you should be fine. I had three interviews, two on-campus and one at the Houston office. The first two are the real interviews where they ask you a lot of questions, and then the last one is more for you to ask them any questions on your mind. They love when you ask a lot of questions on EY and their diversity program and any of the awards they have one.

Interview Questions

• 1) Name a time when you went above and beyond for a project
      2) Name a time when you had a conflict on your team
      3) What is your strengths and weaknesses
      4) What makes an effective leader
      5) What was the hardest decision you ever made
      6) What was your greatest accomplishment
      7) Why accounting?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

Typical campus recruiting experience. It supposed to be in person interview but because of the snow, we interviewed on Skype. But highly suggest do it in person. The interviewer is nice and the questions are very normal and you can get most of the questions online. In terms of the case, you had better to practice a lot before the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why choose EY? Why this function? Your leadership experiences? And a case study.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

First is the case and the second half is conversational. They came to campus to have this interview. The case was a little long which was a little bit hard

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

I got an interview on campus. The interview lasted 1 hour... two 30 minute interview with 1-1 person.
    It was a pleasant experience but just a little awkward because when you switch rooms you meet the other candidate that you literally are competing with. I guess for all interviews your competing with someone but the format of the interview made it kind of weird. It was a standard interview not technically based

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (San Francisco, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

They found me via an application I submitted from an ad I found on Craig's List. At the time, I had no idea they had this type of position available. They have a whole internal team for each office of creative types - but just be realistic - creative in a corporate environment means a lot of copying and pasting and doing what you're told.

Interview Questions

• What is the type of work you think you would do best at EY?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered a fairly high market salary. I countered with a much higher number and they met it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX).

Interview

1st was a phone interview, asking about previous and current employment and job responsibilities. Then about current salary requirements. Follow up was an office interview. Basic questions about work ethic, where you see yourself in 5 years etc. Typical interview questions. Another follow up phone interview asking specific questions about the job and my experience with those duties. Next was asked to interview with the team I would be working with which included 2 partners. Everything went well and I was pretty sure I had the job in the bag. A month goes by and the recruiter calls and tells me they were restructuring the position with a lighter work load and lower salary. This whole process took almost 2 months and in the end was a big waste of time. Really left a bad taste in my mouth about working for EY. They seemed to be really unorganized for such a large company. The left hand didn't seem to know what the right hand was doing.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to pretend that the desk in front of us was a canvas and what if I were to paint what my future of the company would be, what would it look like. Really through me off guard and I think I said something like " I would paint a tree with branches going up reflecting the many positions and skills acquired while working my way to the top."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Started with an on campus interview with a senior manager. An office visit (onsite second interview) came 3 weeks after. The second interview consisted of a general information session followed by 3 separate interview with a 2 managers and a senior manager.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Unwelcoming recruiters/interviewers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied on my university's career website and got an on-campus interview with a manager. A week or so later I received an email telling me I got an offer to interview in the office. The night before I went to a pre-interview "dinner" that consisted of appetizers and got the opportunity to talk to other interviewees and first-year associates. The next day there was a breakfast and a presentation from the managing partner of the firm as well as the recruiter. Everyone was assigned a greeter and they showed us to our interviews. One was with a partner and the other was with a senior manager. Very conversational. After that they took us out to lunch as a large group and we went home.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to explain what happened with the one D on my transcript.   Answer Question