EY Assurance Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Assurance Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at EY

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EY (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2019.

Interview

I applied through referral. They called us in their CyberPark Office. There were 4 rounds, Written Test, HR round, Technical 1 &2. Written Test was quite easy with basic English, Maths and Accountancy. Interview questions were also based on 11th 12th basic accounting.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guwahati (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at EY (Guwahati (India)) in April 2018.

Interview

They focus on the basic knowledge of the candidate regarding the accounting and finance area. Since they are an audit company, they simply try to hit on your capability regarding the auditing domain. Commerce graduates will get an edge for such interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why you are interested to work for an audit company?   1 Answer

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I interviewed at EY in March 2019.

Interview

Interview process had four rounds- group discussion, written test, HR interview and technical interview. The overall interview experience was good. HR interview was concerned general questions while technical interview tested general accounting knowledge.

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (New Delhi (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

the whole hiring process started with an HR interview which went well as the HR was only focused about the basic background information and communication skills. after passing the HR round we had an aptitude test which was ok not tuff and then 2 technical interviews the following day. the result was declared by day end.

Interview Questions

• tell me something about yourself.   1 Answer
    • amortization vs depreciation   1 Answer

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in April 2019.

Interview

Applied online. Need to do online assessment. Then get invited for 1:1 interview. Prior to the interview, need to sit for 15 mins written assessment. The interview lasts about 30 minutes. They ask about things in your CV and some other questions as well. Very important to be knowledgeable of the position you’re applying for.

Interview Questions

• Why ey?
      Why assurance?
      Which type of assurance?
      Tell me about anything which is not included in your CV.
      Career aspiration.   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Interview

There were 5 stages in the interview process .Firstly there will be a written test ,then gd and hr round .At the end there will be 2 tech interview round .

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself ,About EY , Basic accounting concept   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Interview

Hiring process of EY is so nice, they have a written test followed by a group discussion, HR round and technical round. every level is systematic. a person's overall personality & knowledge is judged in this process. a job seeker can find, where he stands in this competitive word.

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY in December 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was through campus placements. There were 5 rounds in total - aptitude test, HR interview, GD, technical interviews and managerial interview. EY was the slowest companies I've faced in terms of declaring results in each round and also declaring the result of the final round. The whole process started in December and was concluded in March.

The aptitude test was fairly challenging and innovative as well. The HR round was simple and straight forward, the interviewer was friendly and all questions asked were general in nature.
    GD was normal and judged by a panel of 3 present in the room.
    Technical round was again challenging and they grilled all the candidates with a barrage of accounting and financial questions.
    The interviewer in the managerial round seemed clueless about the process, displayed poor body language and was evidently disinterested in the company, the interview and seemingly everything else.

The results from EY take a painfully long time to come out because of which they lose many good candidates to other companies. They take all candidates for granted.

All in all the process was not even close to some other companies' hiring process in terms of approachability, fairness, and respect for candidates time. Personal recommendation would be to expect EY to take time in everything they do and always have back up plans.

Interview Questions

• Almost all questions inter technical round were challenging as requires decent knowledge of accounting.   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Basic aptitude test with some questions based on excel.
    This was followed by a GD round and a couple of interviews.

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

It's been more than a week since the first and second part of the process, the aptitude test and the HR interview. EY does take its time. But the process seems very well thought out, simple and straight forward. The aptitude test was not too hard/ not too easy either. The HR round is very simple if you can just be yourself.