EY Assurance Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Assurance Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at EY

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Applied online. Got called for group interview. Just behaviourial question such as your hobbies as well as a case question regarding an audit situation. 2 interviewers with 3 other candidates. Interview took about 2 hours to complete.But the HR took pretty fast for them to get back to with regarding offer - around a day or two.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (New Delhi (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

The placement process was quite tiring. First there was a written test , then a gd then technical and hr interviews . The process took a day . I was dead tired by the time I reached the hr round . The interviewees were quite friendly and made me feel very comfortable . The key is to be confident and have good English speaking skills .

Interview Questions

• Difference btw depreciation , amortisation and impairment with eg   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

1 written test
    2 Group discussion
    3 HR Interview
    The test was all about accounting , English < Ms Excel and logical aptitude test followed by group discussion and then Hr round all was simple and quite easy but you should be prepare about going fo rinterview

Interview Questions

• All about Accounting you studied in class 11 and some Excel   1 Answer

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Mumbai (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

Written Test of an Essay on Six Sigma (Topic will be of your choice or your field), Technical Interview about JD and Final interview with Executive Director. Company is very nice only problem I created was not giving a final round well which costed me a job at EY.. If you are well prepared about JD and your abilities .. job will be yours.. I couldn't seal the deal.. I hope you get it

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (New Delhi (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied through Campus recruitment. It was a two day process and included of 5 rounds i.e Aptitude Test, GD, HR interview and two Technical interviews. The recruiting process was smooth and the interviewer seemed friendly. Basic accounting questions from Depriciation, BRS, accounting standards and conventions were asked in the test as well as the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions such as Tell me about yourself, What are your future plans?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (New Delhi (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through campus placement. The process had 4 rounds. Online test, HR Interview, Technical round 1 and Technical round 2. Online test included quantitative, logical reasoning, verbal and basic accounts related question. The next HR round included general questions like "tell me about yourself" , "why EY".. Basically to check communication skills. Then the 1st technical round was to check basic knowledge about accounts and audit subject. Last technical round included few technical questions about accounts and few general HR questions. Entire process took 2 days and the employers are friendly and cooperative.

Interview Questions

• Difference b/w : audit and assurance, reserves and provisions, amortization and depreciation and b/w accounting concepts, conventions and standards.
      BRS, case study on BRS, journal entry of purchase order and outstanding expense.
      CFS, Accounting ratios, errors, accounting definition, book keeping and types of book keeping, process of accounting, prudence, methods of calculating goodwill, when to calculate goodwill, financial statements.
      Professional skepticism, auditors independence   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at EY (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone call, assessment center, partner interview. The phone call is actually not straightforward, it is conducted by third party with a list of behavioral questions to which they are not allowed to give any follow-up or explanation. Assessment center easy as long as you research the company, behave like a reasonable human being in a group, and are reasonably smart.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about the use of qualitative data? (with no explanation about what they mean with qualitative data)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New Delhi (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

Online test was comparatively difficult. But the HR round, technical round was pretty basic and easy. They judge u on the basis of team player, leadership abilities and inclination towards the profile.

Interview Questions

• What are your career aspirations?   1 Answer

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2013.

Interview

Group interview of four university graduates together, facing two senior managers who were very friendly and nice during the entire process. They asked all the usual questions that you would have expected, and chatted awhile more. The atmosphere was relaxed and being a group interview, they gave everyone a chance to speak up so you don't actually have to fight for your chance to speak up.

Interview Questions

• What do you choose EY out of the other Big 4.   1 Answer

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at EY (New Delhi (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

There were 4 rounds.
    1) Online Test- 3 sections. Verbal, Logical aptitude, Accounting including questions of financial management.

2) HR: Just basic questions about job description, why you want to join EY, and a bit of accounting questions or recent news relating to Commerce(GST, Brexit). Things not to say: That you are pursuing CA, CS or will sit for CAT or anything related to MBA.

3) Tech 1: Basic technical questions related to accounting and few of auditing.

4) Tech 2: one can call it HR-2 round. They will try to get everything out of your mind so that they can find reasons to not select you. Don't be honest. Just from the start when they ask passionate about, say that 'playing with numbers' or anything else otherwise they will keep asking you to persuade that instead of getting this job. And I repeat again that don't be honest.

Interview Questions

• Explain GST if I don't know anything about it.(asked in HR)
      Also difference between cost accounting and financial accounting, types of book keeping.(in hr)   Answer Question
    • Asked in Tech 1:-
      What is the difference between merger and acquisition, difference between accounting assumption and accounting principles, what is BRS(follow up question- why there is difference in the balances of bank column and passbook), accounting entries for outstanding expenses(do check the entry, most of my friends got it wrong),provision for bad and doubtful debts, bonus issue(and a follow question on the order of using the different reserves for bonus issue), buy back of shares.   Answer Question
    • Tech 2:
      Introduce yourself
      What is your passion?(follow up questions- why are you not pursuing that? You have to convince them that your passion can be put to good use in the company or you can still pursue your passion while working for them)
      Who do you consider your mentor? And why?
      Why auditing?
      Where do you see yourself after 5 or 10 years?
      Why EY?