EY Assurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Assurance Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.8

Assurance Interview

Interview

I interviewed on campus for this position and it took roughly three months. After I had an on-campus interview followed up with a superday at the desired office location. People were nice and there were no technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through a campus job posting and was contacted for an on-campus interview through the campus recruiting system. The interview lasted 30 minutes and was with a senior manager who was very friendly. He had some formal questions to ask, but the most of the interview just consisted of talking about my past experience.
    I got a call the next day informing me that I had been selected for a final-round interview. I received an email later that gave me two Superday dates to choose from, both during the next week. The final-round office visit lasted for approximately 5-6 hours. It consisted of a breakfast where I was seated with other applicants and first-year associates, a panel where several associates talked about their experience with the firm, two 30 minute interviews (one manager and one partner), and then we went out to lunch. These interviews were more structured and serious than the first round, but the interviewers were still very friendly and the conversations we had were very enjoyable. I received an offer by email later that day, which came from the partner I interviewed with. Got my official offer two days later.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to talk about my last internship and was asked numerous questions relating to what I did there. I was also asked some questions about my extracurricular involvement and classes I've taken.   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY in October 2016.

Interview

There were two round of interviews. First round was on campus with a campus recruiter. I was unprepared for one of his questions, but he helped me through it. Even though I was stumbling to form an answer he was patient with me. I thought for sure it was over after that but, two days later I got a response from him congratulating me on making it to the second interview. The second interview was one week after the first and was at EY. I interviewed with one partner and one manager. We had a wonderful conversation about their experiences and the global mindset at EY. I was a little awkward, but they made the conversation very easy and comfortable. The 30 minute interviews went by very fast and was the most positive interview experience in my life. Two days my interview I got a call from my recruiter offering me the position. EY was very quick with their decision and the employees are very friendly. I felt very comfortable at the office and am very excited to start.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about your experiences.
      Tell me about how you work in a team.
      What do you know about this position?
      What do you know about EY?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Phila, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

First round interview on campus- behavioral questions. Second round in the office involved 2 30-minute interviews with behavioral questions. Everyone was very nice and welcoming, and the questions were super straight-forward.

Interview Questions

• What is one instance in which you've demonstrated persistence?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (McLean, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

The process was really easy. We had on campus interviews then I got invited to the office interview. Took about two weeks to hear back after the office interview that I had gotten the internship. Everyone I met during the office visit was incredibly welcoming and made you feel comfortable. Mainly behavioral questions in the two interviews but they also were trying to get to know you as a person. I also had some really great questions to ask the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you handle balancing a lot of important tasks at once.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and then got an interview. When I did the interview, the partner said I would hear back about another interview. I didn't hear back till 3 weeks later after everyone had already been decided on positions.

Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I got connected with an alum from my school who happened to be a manager and he himself gave me the first round interview over the phone. This was very easy for me since we were both comfortable with each other and it made the process straightforward.

I was called in for the in-house interview the next month and I had two interviews that felt like good cop/bad cop almost, with a senior manager and partner. The interview with the senior manager went excellent, he skimmed my resume and saw past work experience relating to sports, and before we knew it we pretty much spent the whole time talking about sports! Lots of laughs and easy conversation. My interview with my partner was a lot harder for me to gauge since he seemed disinterested and stressed, but I found out later from my alum manager that I did great at the interview and the partner couldn't quit raving about me at the round table reviews.

I got a call from that partner 2 days later extending me the offer and I accepted right away.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do public accounting, specifically, auditing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The interview process went very well. Both members of the firm were extremely well spoken and the kind of people go getters would want to work with - something I expected interviewing with EY.

First I met with the college recruiter for a half hour interview, and then I interviewed with a partner for another half hour.

While it can be nerve wrecking interviewing with a partner when youre just a college kid, its important to just stay cool and realize that they just want to get a feel for who you are as a person.

Its really important to nail the "tell me about yourself" intro as this sets up the entire interview and could lead to some really interesting discussions based on your experience.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

on Campus interview followed by in house day interview (included 3). The on -campus interview was very behavioral based and conversational. The in house interview was with different levels of members of the firm (senior, manager, partner) and was more about what I wanted to know out of the firm than them asking questions.

Assurance Interview

Interview

My first round interview was by phone. The person who I interviewed with was very good. She asked good questions to get to know me and my skill-set and she was professional at all times. I was invited for a second-round in-office interview.

The night before the in-office interview I was invited to dinner with some employees. I was very excited as it was only myself, another candidate, and three employees who were dining together. However, my excitement immediately dissipated as I was confronted by some heavily narcissistic employees who spent the course of the night discussing their own private conversations, to the exclusion of myself and the other candidate. I asked one employee what she did in her internship and her response was, "nothing"!! I tried very hard repeatedly to make connections with the employees, who blocked me at every way of the "conversation". One employee very rudely asked me if I was interviewing with other firms. (Obviously I am!!) I told him that I am. He asked which ones. I felt uncomfortable and shouldn't have answered but I didn't want to be rude. When I named them him and another employee there actually told me that it sounds like I'm desperate and just applying everywhere. One of the employees told me that she only sent in one application and that her application was to EY. I am not stupid. No person does that. Needless to say, I didn't even enjoy the food and I contemplated not returning for the in-house interview after that evening.

The in-house interview was a five hour process. We met for breakfast, then watched a short presentation by hr, interviewed, and went to lunch. The interviews were nothing substantial. They called it conversations, although the interviewers did nothing but try to sell the firm. I couldn't get any of my questions in because they talked the entire time.

My office host for the day actually abandoned me and escorted another candidate. She couldn't have been more obvious in her utter disdain for me. I tried hard to make small talk with her and she was quite rude. However, I was fortunate enough that some other hosts were friendly and picked-up her slack to talk to me. They also pressed the candidates in wanting to know about other offers we have and where else we are applying.

The entire day was nothing but a social test. The firm was not at all interested in education, competency, ethics, or skill-sets of candidates. It was all a social test. They wanted to see how much we could talk with other people for five hours. Yes, accountants need to be able to communicate, but we are not being hired to socialize. EY really should re-evaluate their interview process. The firm is driving away talent before it even takes offer.

As an aside to this, they gave us all gift bags. When I opened mine the bag was nothing but air and one single item. Next time save the bags and just hand out your tiny favor.