EY Assurance Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Assurance Staff Interview Questions

Interviews at EY

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Conversation with workers and other high personnel at the company. Mainly a discussion with some difficulty questions. The length of the interview was about 30 mins each with 2 different senior managers or above.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you dealt with and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Baltimore, MD) in October 2017.

Interview

The first round interview was a recorded "interview" with all behavior questions. It was extremely easy.

The second round interview was also a video interview with a partner and senior manager. It was also relatively easy with behavior questions. They just want to know who you are.

The whole idea of "video interviews" seems really foreign to me. It doesn't let the interviewer know you that well nor you get to know the interviewer. You don't get to see the office and see other folks that work there which is a huge part of the office visit/interview during the second rounds.

However, it was an easy interview relatively speaking.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (San Jose, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was in two rounds. All questions were focused on "soft" skills, like a personality test. They key to landing a job at EY is charm. I can't emphasize this enough. This means look really good, in your best suit and conservative. Don't give them a reason to subconsciously find a reason to not like you. Be as charming as you possibly can. Smile your face off. Use good eye contact and laugh when appropriate. Do not be boring. Boring people do not get offers here. Only charming, smart, bright, focused, confident people do. And be honest. Integrity is very important. I can promise you if you are looking sharp, and you charm the interviewers, you will get an offer. EY does not waste time bringing candidates in unless they know you're smart. So that part is not what they are really looking for. They already know you're smart. Focus on being likable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you faced an ethical dilemma.   1 Answer

Assurance Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I interviewed with two employees on campus, then proceeded to the second interview where i interviewed with three executives. The first interview focused on me, and the second interview focused on EY life and opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Q: Area of interest at EY? Q: Interests outside of work? Q: Explain situations where you problem solved.   Answer Question

Assurance Staff Interview

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward. We met at various recruiting events on campus which would lead to an interview in most cases. The interview itself was more of a conversation to get to know each other

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

The hiring process involved networking at campus events, and then attending a 3 part interview at an EY office. Additionally, i was only offered an interview after attending multiple networking events on campus and interacting with several EY employees.

Interview Questions

• What type of extracurricular activities are you involved with on campus and how has that involvement shaped you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

First round is on-campus interview. Either a partner or senior manager will be assigned for each interviewee. All behavior questions, such as teamwork experience, leadership, problem solving, multitask, etc.
    Second round is a full day schedule, from breakfast to lunch, including an office tour and 3 back-to-back interviews. One with sm, one with manager and one with partner. Each one is 30 mins to 45mins. All Qs are behavior questions, similiar to first round.

Interview Questions

• What's the name the speaker during breakfast?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Campus hiring usually begins with an on campus interview or a satellite phone interview. Following the first interview the second interview takes place in the office and usually includes paid dinners and lunches. The interviews are behavioral interviews in which the interviewer asks questions regarding the interviewee's behavior and habits rather than their knowledge of the particular job in question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed and how you handled it.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Detroit, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through my university recruiting system and was selected for an on campus interview. The on campus interview portion consisted of two 30-minute interviews. One was more behavioral/resume based and the other one was resume/conversational. One interviewer was a senior manager and the other one was a manager.

After the on campus interviews I received a call from the campus recruiter and they invited me for an office visit. The office visit was unique because I only had one formal interview with an executive. The rest of the office visit was getting to know EY and interacting with professionals through various activities. For example, the office managing partner came in and spoke to us at the beginning of the day, we had a CSR event with a not-for-profit, and we also had a senior associate "job shadow." The senior job shadow was an informal meeting with a senior associate where we had the opportunity to ask them questions about their day-to-day responsibilities, the clients they work on, etc.

Then, all of the candidates visiting that day and a group of executives went out to lunch which was an opportunity to network and a way for them to see how you interacted with professionals in a different setting. Finally, the office visit concluded with an office tour and a wrap-up session with the recruiters.

The following day I received a call from one of the partners at the office visit giving me an offer.

Interview Questions

• 1) What is your strengths and weaknesses?
      2) Tell me about a time when you worked in a team and there was a conflict. How did you handle it?
      3) Tell me about a time when you failed. What was the result and what did you do?
      4) Why EY?
      5) Why audit?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

- Two on-campus behavioral interviews (one with a Partner and one with a Senior Manager)
    - Lots of recruiting events and informational coffee/lunch meetings with Staff and Senior Associates
    - Attended ELP (Emerging Leaders Program), then did internship, which led to full-time

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed and how you overcame your failure.   Answer Question