EY Assurance Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

2.7

95 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assurance Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Behavioral questions that are more of an assessment of ones personality. Technical questions were not asked. Usually a couple of rounds with either a manager/senior manager and partner. Recruiter to follow up after, and offer is usually extended by partner who interviewed you.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

The entire process was extremely pleasant. I first had a phone screening and less than a week later was brought in for a group interview at the office. Everyone was extremely genuine and really took the time to try and get to know me. Interviewed with a Senior Manager and a Manager; both interviews were extremely conversational and barely addressed my resume. Overall it was a great experience and I was offered a position the same day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were a part of a team and one member wasn't pulling their weight; how did you address the situation and solve the problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

The night before we were taken to a very nice dinner where we had the opportunity to network and ask questions of current staff members at all levels. The next day we went through two different interviews, a panel interview, and then lunch with the current assurance staff members. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming throughout the entire process and was very willing to answer any and all questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize tasks and your time when working on several different projects?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Most of the interview process took place on campus, with several informationals and mixers in-town. I had one on campus interview followed by an office visit. Very relaxed environment for both interviews, with no technical questions of any sort being asked. They were strictly "get to know you" conversations to see if I was a good fit or not.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really stuck out to me. Just the typical "walk me through your resume" and other behavioral questions. Just be yourself and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I began the interview process for EY on campus at my university. I went through two rounds of interviews. The first involved only one interviewer and a basic writing sample exercise and was performed on campus. The second round involved an office visit to the EY Dallas campus and was made up of three to four interviews with EY employees of differing rank. Each interviewer focused on a particular theme of questions - One interviewer might probe more of your technical abilities while the next was more focused on work style or company fit.

Overall, company fit was key to success in the interview process through my experience with EY. The team I became part of often works in very large teams, making fit a crucial metric for assessment by the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• I was asked many questions about working style and organizational skills. The interviewers also probed into fair depth about technical knowledge and where certain technical strengths lie for each individual.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Dublin, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The manager was very nice and friendly and the partner interview was like a casual conversation.
    They have two rounds interview, the first one was about 45 mins, and the second was about 20 minutes.
    The whole process from applying online to receiving an offer was just within 15 days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

Two rounds: On campus and On-site. All questions are about behaviour questions. The on campus interview was between a manager and I. And in on-site interview there were two managers.

Interview Questions

• What's your strengths/weakness? Are you a good team player?   Answer Question

Assurance Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Initial phone call interview. Then I met with a few partners for Breakfast to discuss career goals. The partners then developed a plan of action for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Closed questions that demonstrate your knowledge by requiring a specific factual answer.
    Open-ended questions that are broader in scope and require you to work through the answer.
    Situational questions that describe a hypothetical situation and ask how you would proceed in those circumstances.
    Behavioural questions that ask you to describe a time in your own history when you dealt with a certain situation, and to explain how you dealt with it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Behavioral interview with Manager in the first round and who passed that goes to the ey office for on site interviews with several managers and partner. You will get to know whether you have the offer almost the other day by email and phone call from HR.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you have conflict with your colleagues or team members and how did you handle that.   Answer Question