EY Audit Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Audit Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at EY

2.7

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

standard 2 interview process with initial interview with manager and subsequent interview at the location in which I was hoping to work. Paid for hotel and travel for the second interview within the process

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Des Moines, IA) in March 2019.

Interview

The first interview was a video interview where you answered predetermined questions. The second interview was an in person interview where you met two of the different audit associates and they went over your resume and asked questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I liked working as an individual or in a team better.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Nashville, TN) in March 2011.

Interview

I got an initial phone interview through a connection with the firm. I made it to the next round, which was an office visit. It was very laid back. Just me and another candidate were interviewing. We had dinner the night before with the recruiter and two first year staff. I had two 45 minute interviews with a Partner and a Senior Manager the next day and a 45 minutes "huddle" with 2 first year staff - the "huddle" is where you get all those questions answered that you wouldn't ask the recruiter or a partner. The day concluded with lunch and was very laid back. I received an e-mail saying I did not receive an offer 4 days later. Overall, it was a positive experience. However, it would be nice to have some feedback, as I felt confident about my interactions with the staff and my interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (San Jose, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

It was phone interview. I believe I was on speakerphone because of his voice from the distance and awkward silence here and there.

All questions were behavioral questions.

It lasted 45 minutes.

There is a chance to ask them questions in the end.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

it is great experience overall. E&Y people are very friendly and helpful. The interview is not too hard.I did not get the offer may be because I am not experienced compared to other candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2011.

Interview

Experienced hire, Very short interview, mainly about my previous experience at E&Y. promised they will call back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Boston, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

Casual back-and-forth interview, a few behavioral questions but not terribly difficult ones. A brief review of the resume, but it is really more up to you to bring up your experience. The night before the interview the firm holds a meet-and-greet night, so you have the opportunity to speak with the interviewer, other people at the firm, previous interns and other hopefuls.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to act as a leader.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

Applied through college recruiting process. First there is a resume screen process which takes about 2 weeks. Then I received an invitation for on-campus interview. I had about 30 min interview with the HR manager in school. Most of the questions are behavioral, with some personality question. The HR manager is very friendly and professional.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Boston, MA) in October 2010.

Interview

The structure of the interview, is that there is a pre interview social, then the first one on one interview for 30 min, then a second pre-interview social, than another interview, this time at the office. You will meet with a partner and two other employees, where they will have you a few behavioral questions to see how you work in teams, leadership, communicating. You must be personable, but still very professional. They need to make sure they can work with you, so be excited and try to connect with interviewer.

Interview Questions

• In a teamwork environment what dynamic do you think is important   Answer Question

Negotiation

n/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

This was an on campus interview. I was prepared for most of the questions, but the last question, I didn't anticipate. You have to be perfect for this company. If you answer a question that is not the perfect answer that they want to hear, you're screwed. It's totally unfair for them to expect you to have the perfect answer to a question you didn't anticipate. You lose the job even though you know you're fully qualified.