EY Audit Senior Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Audit Senior

EY Audit Senior Interview Questions

Interviews at EY

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, followed up in house invitation to interview with HR, audit manager, and audit partner. Pretty quick process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not too much room, i was able to get extra $1k, that's all.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Audit Senior Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EY in April 2014.

Interview

First they will screen applicants & then if you select you will have interview with HR Recruiters. Then you will have Interview with partner. That's not difficult. Be specific on your answers.

Interview Questions

• Education, Career Objective, Professional Qualifications, Your Sport Preferences can be Questioned.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

3 stage interview, stage one was an online video questionnaire. Stage 2 was a telephonic HR screening and stage 3 was a telephonic interview with a director and audit manager.

Interview Questions

• Mix of behavioural, situational based questions as well as techincal accounting and auditing questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2012.

Interview

Most are behavioral questions like how did you handle a difficult situation in the past audit, work flexibility and your past audit experience and industry. Interviewers are very friendly. Interviewers are seniors, managers and partners. There are also plenty of time the partners are explaining the role and introducing the company and the audit software.

Interview Questions

• tell me a difficult situation and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Boston, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

A number of phone interviews related to my previous audit experience and understanding of US GAAP aswell as audit procedures. Some questions on sox 404 controls. Had to provide examples of competency based situations such as working in teams, working with a difficult client, times I worked under pressure. Was also asked some questions about what I like to do outside of work.

Interview Questions

• Explain differences between US and other GAAP.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

I would advice candidates to read up about the various service lines and products offered by the company. It's nice to know your options before you go to the interview. Overall, it's detailed and requires preparation.

Interview Questions

• Q: What learning opportunities are you looking for in this company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was excellent. There were questions directed to the behavior and some questions related to technical topics. You must be prepared in order to ace the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell something about yourself   1 Answer

Audit Senior Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY in May 2010.

Interview

EY mostly recruits from college but hires some experienced hires. Your experience will be much better if you can get hired from college because you will start with a group of peers from day one that will become your best friends. The interviews are in multiple rounds and are almost ALL about your personality. There is very little if any technical questions you will get - the presumption is that if you are interviewing with EY you are already smart.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself gaining from EY?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offers are generally firm numbers, there is not a lot of deviation between a first year staff. Seniors and above may have some differentiation. But offers are generally firm.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

I had been on their automated email for job postings for close to 6 months and applied to several open positions. Finally after many failed attempts received a phone call and email from a recruiter asking me some questions. Nothing hard, just basic stuff like "what are you currently doing..", and "are you available to work at EY..".

That was followed by an email from their scheduler requesting several times and dates to have a phone interview with their recruiter. EY was very good at meeting my time requirements, and the phone interview went without a hitch. I received some basic questions like "tell me about yourself..", "..do you oppose travel..", and some other basic questions about my current job responsibilities.

This was followed by another phone interview with another recruiter probably verifying whatever the first recruiter thought, or there were issues and needed a second opinion. This again followed the same scheduling as the first phone interview. This interview lasted about 45 minutes, and it seemed that all we really did was chat about me and what i'm looking to get out of EY.

I waited a week or two and was contacted again for a face to face interview. The head recruiter asked me to supply several times and dates to meet. EY did a great job meeting my time requirements once again.

I met with 4 Senior Managers and each interview lasted roughly 45 minutes - 60 minutes. I killed the interview and was very pleased with the conversations. However i was very nervous for the long afternoon of interviewing. All the questions had been based on how I would handle a situation. I have a lot of work experience so I was able to tie similar scenarios to the questions. My advise is to prep for behavioral interviews. I didn't think I was well prepared and BS'd a lot. Be confident.

I waited another two weeks and was asked to come back for yet another face to face, but this time was with a Partner. I had no idea what to expect and couldn't find any relevant interview prep to meeting with a Partner in NYC office. I felt i went in cold and unprepared. All I did was make sure I had some questions prepared and I was able to answer the question "tell me about yourself"..though that never came up.

The Partner Interview went really well. I was made to feel very welcome and the conversation was more of two buddies catching up on current events. My advise here is to also tie old responsibilities to the conversation. For example, I'm an auditor and we had been discussing what I thought about a particular article that we both read. I shared a brief 2 minute story of something i had done a few years before. That type of scenario leads to more engaging conversation and allows the applicant to steer the questions and topics. Just don't talk to long.

That went really well and two weeks later I was called by the recruiter and we discussed salary etc. I wasn't wowed by the offer so I pushed back a little. About another week went by and I received a verbal offer followed by a written offer 2-5 days later which I had accepted.

Total effort was brutal and very time consuming.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your dream job   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not too difficult. I know the market rate for senior auditors and EY was a little short. I pushed back with data and job history and EY went back to the drawing board. They came back a week later with a better offer. Still not great, but they made a great effort for showing that they want me.

Audit Senior Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY in November 2014.

Interview

The recruiting process from submitting my candidacy online until receiving the job offer took 3 months. One month after I applied online, I received an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview took around 25 minutes and it was mostly about behavioral questions. It seemed to me that the recruiter was measuring my communication skills and willingness to work. He asked me some general questions about my previous clients, industries, reporting frameworks and tools I had used. Two months after that, I was contacted to schedule a 1:1 interview at the office.

The interview took somewhere around 2 hours. I was interviewed by 4 different people. The questions were mostly behavioral to see how I would react to several circumstances. We discuss a couple of technical questions and personal views of how it is working at a consulting firm. The people who interviewed me were very engaged, friendly and made me feel welcome.

A couple of days after the interview I received the job offer.

An advice: make sure that your resume is detailed enough to show them what you have worked with: specific experiences, tasks, responsibilities and how your audits have been so far.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some differences between IFRS and US GAAP.
      Tell me about the audit process of one of your previous biggest clients.
      What do you enjoy the most about your job? / The least
      Describe yourself in 4 words   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much space for negotiation, they offered me the market rate. I needed the job, so I was not very insistent either.