EY Audit Senior Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Audit Senior Interview Questions

Interviews at EY

Audit Senior Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY in November 2014.

Interview

The recruiting process from submitting my candidacy online until receiving the job offer took 3 months. One month after I applied online, I received an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview took around 25 minutes and it was mostly about behavioral questions. It seemed to me that the recruiter was measuring my communication skills and willingness to work. He asked me some general questions about my previous clients, industries, reporting frameworks and tools I had used. Two months after that, I was contacted to schedule a 1:1 interview at the office.

The interview took somewhere around 2 hours. I was interviewed by 4 different people. The questions were mostly behavioral to see how I would react to several circumstances. We discuss a couple of technical questions and personal views of how it is working at a consulting firm. The people who interviewed me were very engaged, friendly and made me feel welcome.

A couple of days after the interview I received the job offer.

An advice: make sure that your resume is detailed enough to show them what you have worked with: specific experiences, tasks, responsibilities and how your audits have been so far.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some differences between IFRS and US GAAP.
    Tell me about the audit process of one of your previous biggest clients.
    What do you enjoy the most about your job? / The least
    Describe yourself in 4 words   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much space for negotiation, they offered me the market rate. I needed the job, so I was not very insistent either.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (Seattle, WA) in October 2011.

Interview

overall positive, only behavioral questions, no technical questions. The questions on the following pillars: people, team player, market development, personal skills, ability to adjust to different environment, how well to deal with difficult clients, time management, priority.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Technical, prior audit experience, average 30 minutes of the round, overall technical round, generally manager or senior manager takes the round, questions on inter personal skills, client interaction, Accounting and auditing standars questions

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Interview Questions

• I've passed the tests to EY, they were really hard. The hardest part was definitely the lack of time, as every exercise required some time to think in order to solve it. I advise to practice a bit in order to pass them without much problems. I'll have the interview in few days, but I was told that the tests were the most difficult part of the recruitments process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (San Jose, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was casual and there was one with the HR and one with the partner and manager. The one with the HR was over the phone and it was direct questioning of expectations and reason for application to the company.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Boston, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

A number of phone interviews related to my previous audit experience and understanding of US GAAP aswell as audit procedures. Some questions on sox 404 controls. Had to provide examples of competency based situations such as working in teams, working with a difficult client, times I worked under pressure. Was also asked some questions about what I like to do outside of work.

Interview Questions

• Explain differences between US and other GAAP.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2012.

Interview

Most are behavioral questions like how did you handle a difficult situation in the past audit, work flexibility and your past audit experience and industry. Interviewers are very friendly. Interviewers are seniors, managers and partners. There are also plenty of time the partners are explaining the role and introducing the company and the audit software.

Interview Questions

• tell me a difficult situation and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

I would advice candidates to read up about the various service lines and products offered by the company. It's nice to know your options before you go to the interview. Overall, it's detailed and requires preparation.

Interview Questions

• Q: What learning opportunities are you looking for in this company?   Answer Question

Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Birmingham, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

Two interviews, one more technical based where they questioned on acconuting standards I had used and most complex acconuting I had audited, the other was more interpersonal skills and dealing with team members.
    Interviewed with two separate partners on separate days

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at EY and not the other Big Four   2 Answers

Audit Senior Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I sent the Cv and after 1 week the called me to have a face to face interview, after the interview i received a job offer and a letter with all the conditions

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us? why should we hire you i/o od other applicant?   1 Answer