EY Audit Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Audit Staff Interview Questions

Interviews at EY

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Houston, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

it was a general interview with behavioral questions and talked about college background.nothing serious and asked me since i havnt done audit how will i be effective in this position

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
    Tell me about your college
    What do you like to do in free time
    do you like to work in groups
    How about long hours
    Why do you want to join audit practice   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

About 10+ candidates for the campus interview day. It was 1:1 interview and took about 30 min. The interviewer was very nice, and made the process very pleasant. Mainly my questions were common ones you must prepare before. But for big 4, it is always competitive. I am glad I can get this experience as my first interview. Wish all good luck!

Interview Questions

• Tell a little about yourself;
      Some following questions regarding the experiences;
      What's your strength & Weakness;
      What's your career plan.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

I interviewed last fall during campus recruiting season. My first round interview that was held on campus consisted of mostly casual talk/getting to know the recruiter. The second round interview was an office visit. I had two interviews - one with a Partner and then with a Senior Manager. Both asked a lot of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were under a lot of time constraints and had to deal with a lot of stress.
      How do you deal with stress?
      How will EY help you further your goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

I applied through my university's job portal (University of Illinois). First I had an in-person interview on campus and then a on-site interview in Chicago.

My interview process was done in batches, so throughout each interview process I saw other candidates before and after each interview.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of behavioral interview questions related to teamwork, attention to detail, influencing change, etc. It helped that through college I was involved in a unique variety of items: professional business fraternity, competitive Indian dance team, and a religious group. These varied experiences and sharing stories in the STARE format (situation, task, action, result, education) came to be very useful throughout the interview process.

The interviewer was very empathetic to my situation during the interview. My eyes were watering a ton and I ended up interviewing with one eye closed and watering. The interviewer allowed me to continue and shared that part of the reason for the offer was because I kept my composure through a tough situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

lots of people involved. Meet with two different people as well as others who take you to and from the room. very cool office though and young vibrant crowd. the room where you interview is small and sterile. you can tell they are a well oiled machine and very cooperate.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Cleveland, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

It is a pretty standard big 4 interview process that starts from the campus interview. The interview in the office lasts a half of the day. Mine started at 8 am with the presentation by the Office Managing Partner and the HR people. Then I was given an office tour by one of the staff 2s. There were 3 rounds of the interview - Senior, Manager, and Partner. Each lasted about 30 mins. The interview process went very smoothly. We had a lunch in a nice restaurant next to the office after the interview with the staff 2s that we could ask all the questions we had.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

I gave my resume to a former employee who then gave my resume to a recruiter. I had a phone interview followed by an office visit two weeks later. The phone interview was more difficult than the office visit. The office visit was purely conversational. I had to ask a lot of questions which was not a problem. I had prepared a lot of questions, but a lot questions came to mind as the conversation flowed.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through my campus career center. From the first interview to the final offer, the process took 1 month and 1 day. There was a pre-interview social the night before both interviews (campus and Mega/day office with good food, good conversation.

For the campus interview, I interviewed with a senior manager. She told me about herself first, then asked me to talk about my current internship . Then she gave me the opportunity to ask questions until our time slot was up. The whole interview was extremely conversational and flowed very well. She asked me no behavioral or standard interview questions.

My interview was on a Friday and I believe I got the call the following Thursday. The interviewer herself called me to let me know I was going forward in the process.

EY paid for all candidates (even local) to stay in the W Hotel the night before the interview. We all boarded charter buses to the managing director's home about 20 minutes away. Most of the staff there were staff and seniors (around the age of most interviewers), so again conversation flowed.

The local EY office is undergoing significant renovations, so the interviews the next day were held at another fancy hotel near the office. First, we had lunch along with a presentation by a partner. I actually didn't know this beforehand, but EY Atlanta has more than half of the market share in the state of Georgia, particularly metro Atlanta. In other words, EY Atlanta holds more clients in the city than the other big four firms combined plus some. What that means to us students? Bigger clients, more opportunity, less travel to random remote locations for weeks on end, etc.

I interviewed with a manager, then a partner, then a senior manager. A big portion of each interview was again them allowing me ask them questions. There were several standard or quasi standard interview questions thrown in there but once the conversation was established, it only seemed natural for them to ask and for me to answer in a natural way. Still conversational I would say.

All the candidates and hosts went back to a main area for snacks/sweets and very, very short closing presentation. It was a Thursday and they told us we'd hear back by Tuesday. Most of us ending up hearing back a day later Wednesday.

Overall, I would say this is a relatively easy interview process, though the unexpectedness of any interview process is nerve wrecking. I used questions from glassdoor to prepare for the interview. I'll add that I applied to EY in undergrad, they didn't even select me for a campus interview. Did well in grad school once I found some motivation and I got the offer after applying again. So my advice to any undergrad accounting student who doesn't get that dream job or internship offer: pick a state grad school in a major metropolitan area with an EY, work your butt off, and try again. There's hope.

Interview Questions

• Why EY? Why public accounting? Why Atlanta? What made you choose the school you're attending? Why are you looking to leave the company you're currently interning for? What makes a good team? Describe a situation where you've experienced a good team. What about a time you've experienced a bad team? You're looking for a full-time position, what are you looking for in job (i.e. challenge, experience, opportunity, job growth, etc)?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. I'm not sure if you can going in as Staff 1.

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Phila, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

First round is interviewed with HR on campus, because they are out of manager. Second round I was interviewed with two managers in Philadelphia office. The conversation is pretty laid back. 30 minutes flies away so fast. Be friendly, show you are a hard-worker, and enjoy the super day.

Interview Questions

• asked several questions about my resume.
      behavioral
      1. Tell me about a time your teammates were not so cooperative, and how did you handle it.
      2. Tell me about you transition experience. i.e. to a new college, new country, etc.
      3. teamwork experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Boston, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

The hiring and interview process is relatively rigid - the best way to get into a big four firm is to participate in the externship and the internship as they will be inclined to offer you a job depending on your reviews from those experiences. The people that I interviewed with were pleasurable and friendly and there were no confrontational aspects of the interview. Most questions were aimed at seeing if you'd fit in the organization as technical qualities are picked up later on and during the CPA exam.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation - things are pretty rigid when it comes to salary and advancement at Big 4 firms.