EY Audit Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Audit Staff Interview Questions

Interviews at EY

2.8

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I got this interview through an internal referral. I think I did pretty well in the first phone interview, because I got an invitation to visit the office over the phone before we hanged up.

The office interview overall was great to me. The partners I talked to are really nice and are willing to share their stories. The interviews were casual and conversational. We discussed various of topics, such as hobbits, traveling, and past internship experience etc. But I did not receive an offer that time. I guess pretty much it was because I did not know what to expect the time when I visited EY, since I did not really have much interview experience. Other than that, I enjoyed my visit in EY a lot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Meet and greet with the other candidates. Then interviews with individual partners. Approximately four individual interviews. Between interviews there were breaks where we interacted with some of the younger staff members. We then met with the recruiting coordinator for a debrief session. The entire group of interviewees went to lunch in Bryant Park. Overall the entire interview took about a half of a day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Johnson City, TN) in October 2011.

Interview

First one was an on-campus interview, with all behavioral questions. Then the second was an office visit, where I interviewed with 2-3 senior staff and HR manager and a partner. Most conversations were about sharing experiences, learning about EY and how I might fit at EY. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• What will you do about your legal status?   1 Answer
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Applied online but was also referred by former employees. Process was fairly smooth and communication from EY was excellent. I did not come from a recruited school so having contacts inside the company was key. Once you get your foot in the door, you are treated the same as all other candidates. Instead of an on campus interview, I had a phone interview with a manager. Interview was very personable and consisted of basic questions regarding who I was and why I was interested in EY as well as walking them through my resume. Conversation ended with a couple behavioral questions. Heard back a couple days later that I was invited to the second round of interviews which was an office visit. The visit consisted of dinner with two staff the night before. The next day there was a brief presentation by a senior manager and a staff panel in which the pool of interviewees asked questions about the firm. Was taken to lunch by a couple of different staff and then had three 1:1 interviews with managers. Was called by a partner a week later and offered a staff position.

Be yourself. Once you get to the interview process, they simply want to get to know you as a person. Don't be cocky or arrogant but don't be afraid to highlight your achievements. These are people who have gone through the same process as you're going through so they understand the pressure.

Interview Questions

• What is your leadership style?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiation.

Audit Staff Interview

Interview

On campus interview first round. Submit resume on campus recruiting and join the career fair. a week to prepare. 20 minute. First talk, then some regular question such as walk through resume, CPA eligible, why accounting, why my school, why EY, Why audit, big strengthens and weakness, career path in the future, what you know about EY and some behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself over the next 5 years?   1 Answer

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

They are all behavioral. ask you your strengths and weaknesses. ask you why you choose this company. ask you the conflict. ask you the teamwork. You need to stay professional dont get carried away by small talk. They dont like it when you do that. Remember, it is a formal interview but chitchat time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room.

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

First round interview was pretty easy. The partner just talked about recent news and why I choose accounting. I really had a good impression on EY because the pre night in our school was so huge and people I talked to were so nice. But the second round interview was just DISAPPOINTING. HR set two senior associates to interview me and I can feel during the interview process that both of them did not want to talk to me and just wanted to get back to their work. I got the rejection letter two days later. I don't think I deserve the rejection letter and was unqualified. (being told I have a great personality by other people, got 3.8 GPA and plenty of working/internship experience) I was really disappointed that EY does not pay that much attention to interview candidates (only two senior associates for second round? really?). If you do not have any experience people to do the interview, then don't invite people down to NYC for second round!

Audit Staff Interview

Interview

There were two interviews. I was Asked personality questions. On campus interview was first and then second round office tour and interview pursued if they liked you after round one.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY in November 2014.

Interview

5 Week Process. 1st round campus, 2nd round office visit. Questions were the same as 1st round, just a little more difficult. Everyone was friendly and there were 2 30 minute interviews with 2 senior managers then lunch with a staff. I got a phone call next day by one of my interviewers telling me I got extended an offer to work for them.

Interview Questions

• None, they are just interviewing you to see if you fit their culture and they already know your competent from 1st round interviews   Answer Question

Accepted another offer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Came from campus recruiting. On campus interviewer were supposed to be a manager. The manager got schedule conflict so the campus recruiter conducted the interview instead. It was pretty relaxed, just behavior questions and why EY kind of classical questions. I had a great interview experience with our campus recuiter. I received the office interview invitation three days later.

There were two round interviews for the on site. My first interviewer were a senior manager and then a manager. My first interview went smoothly. However, I didn't handle the questions well on my second one. Although he said his interview style was conversational, I didn't like it. He didn't ask too many follow up questions and kind of let me lead the interview. I was a little bit panic when the talk came to stop.

I received an phone call about one and half week later said they will extend an offer to me but the official offer letter will be given by next week. I am still waiting for it.

Some insiders said if they give you the offer very quickly, one to three days, you were their top candidate other wise you might on the waiting list, not their first choice.