EY Audit Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 2, 2017

2.8

282 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Process took around one month. Talked to recruiters during my career fair and applied through my college's job portal. There was one back-to back video interview (with a partner and senior manager). I was mostly asked behavioral questions and had the opportunity to ask some questions as well. Around one week later, I was invited to go to a Spotlight Day at their office. The final interview was very conversational and laid back, it honestly felt more like a conversation than a strict Q&A format. Make sure you have some good questions prepared and seem thoughtful about the role and what it means for your future career. Definitely think about what industry you are interested in and why. I was able to talk to my peers and alumni working at the firm, which gave me insight I couldn't find online. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to give bad news to your team.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Audit Staff Interview

Interview

Phone screening
    On-site with senior manager and partner
    Final HR meeting

Asked simple questions/couple technical questions around SOX and substantive procedures, nothing to difficult. Got the offer right after the final interview with a partner.

Interview Questions

• How would you audit AR?
      Recent PCAOB focus?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied for Japanese Business Services to Boston Career Forum website. A senior called me and we had an informal, informational interview (she wanted to check my Japanese ability). I interviewed with a manager and HR at the career forum, had dinner with the audit team members, then got invited to office interview in Chicago 2 weeks later. Interviewed with a manager, a senior manager, and a partner at the office (all in English). Great experience knowing everybody (not just the JBS members) at the office I'll be working at.

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

On campus interview, only behavioral questions. No opportunity to display the research I had done on the job I was applying for, or why I felt I would be a good fit at the company.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY (McLean, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through a campus recruiter. Had one interview with a partner (he flew out to our campus), then was invited for a fly out to my preferred office. Office fly out consisted of two interviews, a panel for questions, and a snack/lunch. Got an offer for an internship the same day (what I applied for).

As for the interview questions, EVERYTHING is behavioral based. They seem really team focused, so be sure to brush up on your team based experiences to talk about in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult time with a team   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

The hiring process started in the career office of my university. There were a few "greeters" as they call them to welcome you before you going your interview. They are a good way for the company to get first impressions on you so come in prepared and ready to ask questions. They were very friendly are say that they are there to calm your nerves before your interview. However, be sure to be professional because they do have a say in your potential offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to work with a classmate or coworker where you didn't necessarily get along.   Answer Question

Accepted another offer.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

1st round was with partner, second round is on site with three people(manager/ senior manager), each half an hour; mostly behavior questions. The goal was to test if you fit in the environment and the team, almost no technical question at all.

Interview Questions

• Why big 4, why accounting, talk about intern programs   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

On-site interview with about ten ppl. Both tech and behavior questions were asked but they seem to ficus on the latter more. Each interview lasted about 30 mins. Overall a pleasant experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Very very relax and everything was smooth. It was two back to back thirty minute interview. One was a partner and other was a local manager. They were both very nice and offered a great network connection to the company

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

About 10+ candidates for the campus interview day. It was 1:1 interview and took about 30 min. The interviewer was very nice, and made the process very pleasant. Mainly my questions were common ones you must prepare before. But for big 4, it is always competitive. I am glad I can get this experience as my first interview. Wish all good luck!

Interview Questions

• Tell a little about yourself;
      Some following questions regarding the experiences;
      What's your strength & Weakness;