EY Audit Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Audit Staff Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.8

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at EY in January 2016.

Interview

First round was a phone screen that lasted only 15 minutes; it was so short that I was a little surprised when, several weeks later, I was invited for a firm visit. Met with a Partner and two Managers followed by lunch with some associates. Interviews were very conversational and everyone was easy to talk with. Overall it was a fun experience. The Partner I spoke with called several hours later to let me know that they would be extending an offer.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about yourself (Everyone asked this one)? How would you deal with a difficult boss? What do you do for fun?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Tried negotiating up; no luck.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

The interview process started with two short rounds of behavioral interviews on campus. Next we had three longer rounds at the office, with a social event the night before. The office rounds included a partner, a manager, and the local HR director. Social events seem to be evaluated as part of the interview process. I heard back about two days after interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through my campus career center. From the first interview to the final offer, the process took 1 month and 1 day. There was a pre-interview social the night before both interviews (campus and Mega/day office with good food, good conversation.

For the campus interview, I interviewed with a senior manager. She told me about herself first, then asked me to talk about my current internship . Then she gave me the opportunity to ask questions until our time slot was up. The whole interview was extremely conversational and flowed very well. She asked me no behavioral or standard interview questions.

My interview was on a Friday and I believe I got the call the following Thursday. The interviewer herself called me to let me know I was going forward in the process.

EY paid for all candidates (even local) to stay in the W Hotel the night before the interview. We all boarded charter buses to the managing director's home about 20 minutes away. Most of the staff there were staff and seniors (around the age of most interviewers), so again conversation flowed.

The local EY office is undergoing significant renovations, so the interviews the next day were held at another fancy hotel near the office. First, we had lunch along with a presentation by a partner. I actually didn't know this beforehand, but EY Atlanta has more than half of the market share in the state of Georgia, particularly metro Atlanta. In other words, EY Atlanta holds more clients in the city than the other big four firms combined plus some. What that means to us students? Bigger clients, more opportunity, less travel to random remote locations for weeks on end, etc.

I interviewed with a manager, then a partner, then a senior manager. A big portion of each interview was again them allowing me ask them questions. There were several standard or quasi standard interview questions thrown in there but once the conversation was established, it only seemed natural for them to ask and for me to answer in a natural way. Still conversational I would say.

All the candidates and hosts went back to a main area for snacks/sweets and very, very short closing presentation. It was a Thursday and they told us we'd hear back by Tuesday. Most of us ending up hearing back a day later Wednesday.

Overall, I would say this is a relatively easy interview process, though the unexpectedness of any interview process is nerve wrecking. I used questions from glassdoor to prepare for the interview. I'll add that I applied to EY in undergrad, they didn't even select me for a campus interview. Did well in grad school once I found some motivation and I got the offer after applying again. So my advice to any undergrad accounting student who doesn't get that dream job or internship offer: pick a state grad school in a major metropolitan area with an EY, work your butt off, and try again. There's hope.

Interview Questions

• Why EY? Why public accounting? Why Atlanta? What made you choose the school you're attending? Why are you looking to leave the company you're currently interning for? What makes a good team? Describe a situation where you've experienced a good team. What about a time you've experienced a bad team? You're looking for a full-time position, what are you looking for in job (i.e. challenge, experience, opportunity, job growth, etc)?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. I'm not sure if you can going in as Staff 1.

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Applied for on campus interview through school website, and was selected for first round interview. Different from other companies, EY has 2 back to back interviews on campus. I was interviewed by a partner and a senior manager from SF. A couple days later, I got a call to go on site for a spotlight day at the office I picked, and a few days later (before the spotlight day) I got a call from the partner offering me a position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Did you ever find yourself in a leadership role? How did you respond?
      Why accounting? Why auditing?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Phila, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

First round is interviewed with HR on campus, because they are out of manager. Second round I was interviewed with two managers in Philadelphia office. The conversation is pretty laid back. 30 minutes flies away so fast. Be friendly, show you are a hard-worker, and enjoy the super day.

Interview Questions

• asked several questions about my resume.
      behavioral
      1. Tell me about a time your teammates were not so cooperative, and how did you handle it.
      2. Tell me about you transition experience. i.e. to a new college, new country, etc.
      3. teamwork experience.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

I started the process with my school's accounting fair. Gave Ernst & Young my resume and within 2 weeks received a school interview with them. I was asked about my experience and community service to my school and my passions. After two weeks I found I was invited to an onsite visit for a dinner and 3 interviews with a Partner, Senior Manager and a Manager. During the dinner you will get a mentor who will give you an onsite visit and also you can ask them almost any kind of question to be prepared for the interview. On the interview date you will get some breakfast and a presentation about Ernst & Young and their goals. After you will be put into a nice room where you will stay the whole time during the interview process. They are just trying to get to know you more and once in a while will ask questions about your past job/internship experience and how you liked it. At the end of the interviews all the candidates were put back in the same room we had breakfast. You will have a final presentation and will be inform that they will let you know the following week. The process took about 6 weeks but it was worth the wait.

Interview Questions

• Mostly Questions to get to know you even more. I had one technical question which was, describe something you learned through your internal audit experience. I had an internship experience in internal audit so that is why I was asked.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

There is one round of on campus interview and two rounds of on site interviews. All interviews are experience based. You should be well prepared on your previous internship experience.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied on both school website and EY website. Notify your interview through school system. The first round is on-campus interview, which is conducted on campus. Most time you will be interviewing with a Manager/senior manager and sometimes a partner. They come to campus frequently before interview starts so you have pretty good chance to network with people and it is likely to have a interviewer you have talked before.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (Stillwater, OK) in October 2015.

Interview

You make application. I needed to apply through both my school and their website. Before the interview day they had a social event to get to know the applicants. The dress was bus casual. Interviews were held at the school. Greeters waited in the waiting rooms with you to get to know you more before the interview and answer questions.

Interview Questions

• They want to know where you are in the process of having your 150 hours for the CPA exam, and when you plan to sit for it.   Answer Question
    • Are you wanting to stay in the office I was applying for.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY in October 2015.

Interview

the partner who interviewed me gives me the worst interview expeience throughout my life.he was way too chill out and therefore very unprofessional and disrespectful. he almost half lie on the chair and talking about nonsense during the whole interview. he seemd very tired at the beginning of te interview, and showed that he was so tired of all the interview. therfore i asked whether it was just been a long day, he answered it is just been a long life.(unbelievable) EY used to be my dream company.after the interview, my good impression for EY is ruined by this interviewer and im so happy that i m rejected because i cannot imagine how suffering will i be if i work with someone like him. there was also a fire alarm during the interview and therefore everyone had to ran out of building. during the time we were exiting the building, he just talked about we cannot go back and he did not want to ruin his lunch break.

Interview Questions

• have you been to singapore   1 Answer