EY Audit Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 15, 2018

2.8

284 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied on both school website and EY website. Notify your interview through school system. The first round is on-campus interview, which is conducted on campus. Most time you will be interviewing with a Manager/senior manager and sometimes a partner. They come to campus frequently before interview starts so you have pretty good chance to network with people and it is likely to have a interviewer you have talked before.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (Stillwater, OK) in October 2015.

Interview

You make application. I needed to apply through both my school and their website. Before the interview day they had a social event to get to know the applicants. The dress was bus casual. Interviews were held at the school. Greeters waited in the waiting rooms with you to get to know you more before the interview and answer questions.

Interview Questions

• They want to know where you are in the process of having your 150 hours for the CPA exam, and when you plan to sit for it.   Answer Question
    • Are you wanting to stay in the office I was applying for.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY in October 2015.

Interview

the partner who interviewed me gives me the worst interview expeience throughout my life.he was way too chill out and therefore very unprofessional and disrespectful. he almost half lie on the chair and talking about nonsense during the whole interview. he seemd very tired at the beginning of te interview, and showed that he was so tired of all the interview. therfore i asked whether it was just been a long day, he answered it is just been a long life.(unbelievable) EY used to be my dream company.after the interview, my good impression for EY is ruined by this interviewer and im so happy that i m rejected because i cannot imagine how suffering will i be if i work with someone like him. there was also a fire alarm during the interview and therefore everyone had to ran out of building. during the time we were exiting the building, he just talked about we cannot go back and he did not want to ruin his lunch break.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

I gave my resume to a former employee who then gave my resume to a recruiter. I had a phone interview followed by an office visit two weeks later. The phone interview was more difficult than the office visit. The office visit was purely conversational. I had to ask a lot of questions which was not a problem. I had prepared a lot of questions, but a lot questions came to mind as the conversation flowed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting. First round interviews were on-campus and consisted of two 30 minute interviews from partners. Very conversational, no technical questions at all. Second round interviews was about 4 hours in-office. It was a group of about 10 people, half were seeking internships and half were seeking full-time positions; we were all doing audit. There was a presentation about EY, then we got into teams and played an EY/accounting trivia game. Then there was one 30 minute interview with a partner, an office tour, and then lunch with two associates. It was all very conversational, everyone was very friendly, and the time went by fast. I heard back the next day. Only negative experience was that they didn't reimburse my gas (I drove over 600 miles round-trip to attend).

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose accounting? Why San Diego? Questions about group projects/team work   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

I had my first round interview at my school. Interview questions are mostly behavioral. Some of my friends had conversational interviews too. It was 30 minutes. The interviewer is a partner at EY.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

I interviewed last fall during campus recruiting season. My first round interview that was held on campus consisted of mostly casual talk/getting to know the recruiter. The second round interview was an office visit. I had two interviews - one with a Partner and then with a Senior Manager. Both asked a lot of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were under a lot of time constraints and had to deal with a lot of stress.
      How do you deal with stress?
      How will EY help you further your goals?   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY in September 2015.

Interview

I went to a campus interview, the senior manager kept asking me serious behavioral questions...not too much conversational interaction, the SM is not very talkative or probably she was just not satisfied with me... The interview last about 30 minutes.

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY in September 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was a senior manager. She asked a few behavioral questions which were very typical, e.g. tell me about yourself, team experiences. The topic of team experiences was probably the bulk of our interview. In all, the interview was very conversational, and really wanted to get to know you as a person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

The process involved several questions related to my background to find out more information. The questions seemed behavioral based. The interview was conducted via phone and was performed by a recruiter from the Indianapolis, Indiana office. The recruiter was also present at the university career fair. She initially contacted me via email to determine a good time to set up a phone interview. The interview was scheduled the following week and seemed like a typical interview. Various questions were asked to determine whether there was a fit within the culture of the organization and whether I would seem like a good candidate to help further the organizational mission.