EY Audit Staff Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

EY Audit Staff Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Nov 10, 2016

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Very laid back. Mostly just wanted to determine if you were a good fit. Consisted of 4 interviews with different levels of would-be superiors. Overall very low stress event. Plus they treated us to lunch.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

the test was long and tough. They test many things about accounting, finance, and tax. The competition is very fierce because there were so many candidates. Imagine about 1000 candidates compete for 50 slots for the interview. All of them are talented and enthusiastic.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

There was a brief phone interview, then a full day of presentations. The interview consisted of just who I was, what I studied, and if I really want to do this. They seemed concerned I didn't want to be there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I was included in the on campus recruiting and went to the Super day. First interview is a partner, and the super day is with a senior manager and manager. Partner and senior manager were very nice, but the manager was indifferent.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Bronx, NY).

Interview

it was a very friendly process, just to get to know the interviewee better and to assess fit for the role. nothing out of the ordinary, everything was pleasantly well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I went through on campus recruiting, meet with manager first. He is a really nice person and easy to talk to, all they want to know is your passion and your teamwork and leadership experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

I got the interview by employee referral. First interview was a phone interview that lasted about 30 mins, basic questions about myself and situational question. Heard back a week later that I got a second interview - office interview with 3 different personnel - a partner and 2 senior managers. It's very conversational interview. Got a call a few hours later from a partner saying that I got the job.
    I got asked all three times: "Tell me about yourself" so prepare that real well, make sure that you make it personal, conversational and start off with some light jokes. I was really comfortable the whole time and the interviewers were really helpful. They made it all about you. Remember, they are human like us and they wouldn't want to hear something that too stiff. The one thing that I really remember is that they emphasized on you being a people person so make sure to show them that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Career path
      CPA eligibility
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Can you tell me about your experience with EY?
      What is your greatest achievement?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Meet and greet with the other candidates. Then interviews with individual partners. Approximately four individual interviews. Between interviews there were breaks where we interacted with some of the younger staff members. We then met with the recruiting coordinator for a debrief session. The entire group of interviewees went to lunch in Bryant Park. Overall the entire interview took about a half of a day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Application

Interview

Came from campus recruiting. On campus interviewer were supposed to be a manager. The manager got schedule conflict so the campus recruiter conducted the interview instead. It was pretty relaxed, just behavior questions and why EY kind of classical questions. I had a great interview experience with our campus recuiter. I received the office interview invitation three days later.

There were two round interviews for the on site. My first interviewer were a senior manager and then a manager. My first interview went smoothly. However, I didn't handle the questions well on my second one. Although he said his interview style was conversational, I didn't like it. He didn't ask too many follow up questions and kind of let me lead the interview. I was a little bit panic when the talk came to stop.

I received an phone call about one and half week later said they will extend an offer to me but the official offer letter will be given by next week. I am still waiting for it.

Some insiders said if they give you the offer very quickly, one to three days, you were their top candidate other wise you might on the waiting list, not their first choice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

It was college recuruiting process. The interview came to campus to interview me. I passed resume screening and was invited to the interview. My school was in NY, but senior manager from different state came for the interview. She asked why I wanted to study accounting and what made me to apply assurance. She asked me where I want to locate, and what industry I want to work for.

Interview Questions

• Why EY, Tamwork experience, What made you study accounting, Why not Tax, Why assurance.   Answer Question