EY Audit Staff Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

EY Audit Staff Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Nov 10, 2016

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

I applied through my school and received an email saying they would like to schedule an on-campus interview. I interviewed with an audit partner. The interview itself was not at all formal. He did not ask me any questions until the end where he asked if I had any questions. For most of the interview we just talked about our interests i.e. cooking and the news. The interview was very relaxed and again no behavioral questions or any questions really were asked. I cannot say this is how it is for other interviewers, but my interviewer approached it from this angle. A week later, I received an email invitation to attend superday.

Superday consisted of a presentation (ask a question!!!!!), a small ice breaker with a partner (answer his/her question!!!!) and then a series of two interviews with a partner and a manager. The partner had a less structured approach (talked about interests and how i dealt with STRESS) to the interview and it went about 25 minutes over the 30 minutes allotted (total 55 minutes) and then I had a much more structured interview with a manager... basic behavioral questions.

Then we had lunch with my host, the other candidate and another host-group.

To summarize, be yourself, ask questions, dress smart and be friendly! Superday was actually a lot of fun.

The partners, the manager, and the hosts were all great!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Do not negotiate. Big 4 for the most part have their salaries set.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Really easy, basically they just psychoanalyzed me from head to toe and used a robot to figure out if I wanted the job or not. Very simple. I'm also posting this to view the salaries because Glassdoor wants me to write something in order to view the information on the website. No clue why this is but here I a writing filler just to access the website.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

First round was on campus with a recruiter. Four days later I got invited back for an office-visit (i.e. second round). I got nervous at first because everybody kept stressing "fit", "dedication", and "know what's going on in accounting". However, the actual interviews were pretty laid back. I had one with a manager and another with the partner.

The day started off with a presentation of E&Y Career as well as all the candidates introducing themselves. Then everyone was assigned to an escort who takes you to the interview location. After the interviews, you go to lunch with your escort and that pretty much concludes the day. I got a call the very next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a teamwork experience where you had to help out your teammates.   Answer Question
    • Describe a challenge you faced that required immediate reaction.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Iselin, NJ

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY (Iselin, NJ) in October 2010.

Interview

I interviewed on campus and less than a week later I was invited for a second interview. Received offer the very next day. It was a very excellent experience. Loved every single person I met

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Tell me about your self
    Tell me about a time you work in a team and a team member did not want to participate

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Went to first round on-campus interview with a partner on Oct. 16th and second round on-site interview with two senior managers on Nov. 21st. Both were one-to-one. The whole process, from first round interview to final decision making, took almost 5 weeks. However, the decision was made the next day right after the office visit.

Interview Questions

• Nothing technical. Most of them were conversational. I had three interviewers during the whole interview process. There was only one guy asking me many questions about my experience, like the best/worst team/people you've ever worked with, describing a time when you made a right/wrong decision, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I like the company and people there. They are very nice and friendly. I didn't negotiate because the benefit or salary for new employees is basically identical in all of the big four.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Behavior questions only: Campus recruiting -> On site

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

Campus recruiting involves on campus interviews/phone interview and an on site interview at the location you are applying for. You will typically have 3 interviews with 3 different people for on site interviews. Most questions are behavioral and not very technical.

Interview Questions

• Addressing weakness and difficult moments. Typically not a hard question but that is how hard it will get. Interviews are conversational and not very intimidating.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation or starting bonus.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

On-site interview with about ten ppl. Both tech and behavior questions were asked but they seem to ficus on the latter more. Each interview lasted about 30 mins. Overall a pleasant experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

Get an interview opportunity from college recruiting website, sign up for interview on school not on E&Y. lots of behaviour questions such as:Last group leader position, what you did? how u lead your members.

Interview Questions

• discribe a time you create a new method to solve the problem   1 Answer