EY Interview Questions in Birmingham, UK | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2017

3.4

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Birmingham, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Put forward by an agency. Interviewed by 2 Hiring Managers - very friendly and relaxed, made the interview seem less nerve wracking. Unfortunately neither the agency or myself have been able to get any feedback, shame that the 'candidate experience' is not carried on to the final stage in the process...

SummerAssurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at EY (Birmingham, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online to the Discover EY day. Began with online tests, generic psychometric tests. Passing these rounds results in a follow up with a phone interview. Phone interview was strengths-based and the recruiter was very much interested in how you can play to your strengths and where your strengths lie naturally. Following this, I attended the Discover EY day after the telephone interview. After this we received an email asking for a motivational statement which I submitted. I was then called and an assessment centre was organised which I attended. Following this a congratulations email was received about 3 days after the assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• How do you effectively work with others?   2 Answers

Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Newcastle, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted for an interview within a week of applying. The interview was with a Line Manager who asked general competency questions and some technical due to the role applied for. Within the interview I was told that due to the position I'd have another interview with a Senior Manager of the firm. This was arranged within a week, and again consisted of competency based questions.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Birmingham, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

The online application was straightforward and simple. The tests were relatively easy consisting of situational, mindset test, and business test which is a day in the life of that role and typical scenarios you would encounter..a bit like the situational one. The numerical was not as hard as other practice ones you find online- they use the CAPP/jobmi system

Resourcing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (Birmingham, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Was scheduled an telephone interview and on the day, I was told that it had been rescheduled to a week later. Wasn't too happy as I had booked the day off work to make sure I could attend this call without any distractions and they had called me 2 hours before the interview to say my slot had been taken. When it came to the telephone interview day, I was well prepared and I got a call from the interviewer, her name was Emma, and she did a very good job in making me feel uncomfortable. When I answered the call how a person normally answers the phone, she went on to ask me if I was expecting her call because I answered like I didn't know she was calling which I found very off putting. She then went on to speak about what EY do and where the role I applied for would fit in. Then I talked through my CV and she asked me what I could bring from my current job to this new role which I gave her long answers for with plenty of valid examples and I used the STAR model which is something I've read they really like. The question that threw me off was when she asked me that the resourcing management team do. I hadn't been told what the management team do or could not find any info online so I was honest and told her I didn't know and she responded back saying that I should know because if I'm applying for the resourcing assistant, I should know what the resourcing management do. At that point, I thought she was being blatantly rude and I was feeling more and more uncomfortable by the minute. And what is on the job spec is completely different to what the role actually entails. When she explained the job role, it seemed more like a recruitment consultant role which I couldn't understand. I haven't had any feedback yet but I'm confident I haven't gotten through to the next stage. Towards the end of the call, she asked me if I have any questions and when I asked them, she gave me an answer but her tone was off. Lord knows what her problem was but I was very disappointed when I put the phone down because she didn't make me feel at ease at all. Worst interview I've had to date and I thought it would be a positive experience considering it was via telephone.

Interview Questions

• Competency questions based of communication and conflicting deadlines. So how you talked yourself out of a bad situation and how you deal with confliction and pressurizing deadlines.
      Will ask you to talk through your CV and how current or past experience will fit into the role you applied for.
      What the resource management team do.
      Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at EY (Birmingham, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview process was friendly and relaxed. Other candiates were overley worried and nervous - but you need to understand that this is a team based enviroment so work together to get through the assesment day. It was actually fun to talk to the staff and ask them about how they fit into this great company.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Birmingham, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

I had two interviews for this role. One with the Manager and the second with the Head of Department. Both were in the Birmingham office and were mainly competency based questions based on my CV and experiences.

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at EY (Birmingham, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Online assessments and psychometric testing followed by a manager interview with strengths based questions then an assessment centre with group and individual tasks as well as completing the online tests again. Finally a partner interview which was quite informal with a lot of the interview revolving around topical issues in tax.

Interview Questions

• Do you think that higher or lower tax rates raise more government revenue?   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (Newcastle, England (UK)).

Interview

Interview process was very standardised with 26 questions asked followed with a few questions based on the questions that had went prior to them. There was then a section where I was able to ask questions about the company.

Assurance Scholarship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

1) Application
    2) Psychometric and situational strength test
    3) Interview: 1on1 with a very nice interviewer, it was very conversational however there was still a schedule to go through of an overall 16 questions to answer to
    4) Assessment Day: We got there and they offered us breakfast. Afterwards they divided us in groups and we had a group exercise, afterwards a written exercise, both had a 40 minute allowance. Finally a psychometric test which in my opinion was hard but nothing impossible if you were prepared.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths ?
      How do you solve a problem ?
      Give an example of how you worked in a teamwork ?
      Describe a day of in your life.
      Tell me what you know about assurance?
      Do you know any example of EY assurance work?
      Answer Question