EY Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 31, 2017

2.6

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied and interviewed for the Emerging Leaders summer externship program. It's a one, two or three day program where individuals meet with company employees and learn about the operational activities of the Ernst and Young. I interviewed with two different people that went through my resume and asked various behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you respond to criticism?   1 Answer

Emerging Leaders Program Interview Interview

Application

Interview

Applied and got interviewed for the Emerging Leaders Program. The first round was a short video recorded interview with fairly straightforward behavioral questions. The second round was two 1:1 behavioral interviews.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied online through my school's website and was invited to a pre-interview dinner, where I talked to some tax associates and some partners. I had the interview the next day and my interviewer was someone I talked to the night before. My interviewer seemed more interested in my extracurriculars than school projects/works/volunteer experiences. The interview was very laid back and casual.

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through a campus job posting and was contacted for an on-campus interview through the campus recruiting system. The interview lasted 30 minutes and was with a senior manager who was very friendly. He had some formal questions to ask, but the most of the interview just consisted of talking about my past experience.
    I got a call the next day informing me that I had been selected for a final-round interview. I received an email later that gave me two Superday dates to choose from, both during the next week. The final-round office visit lasted for approximately 5-6 hours. It consisted of a breakfast where I was seated with other applicants and first-year associates, a panel where several associates talked about their experience with the firm, two 30 minute interviews (one manager and one partner), and then we went out to lunch. These interviews were more structured and serious than the first round, but the interviewers were still very friendly and the conversations we had were very enjoyable. I received an offer by email later that day, which came from the partner I interviewed with. Got my official offer two days later.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to talk about my last internship and was asked numerous questions relating to what I did there. I was also asked some questions about my extracurricular involvement and classes I've taken.   Answer Question

Risk Advisor Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

first interview was over the phone, got invited to second interview the same day. second interview was a week later. three interviews on second say: case, partner, manager. case and manager interview went well but i knew i did not do well on partner interview so was not offered the position

Interview Questions

• describe a difficult situation and how you handled it   Answer Question
    • in last three months what is the time you felt most pressured   Answer Question
    • if you can go back in time and correct your mistake in a difficult situation how would you do that   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through Campus Recruiting. Was contacted a few days (less than a week) after. The interview was one on one on campus interview. The interview went fine, but I didn't get to the super day.

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and then got an interview. When I did the interview, the partner said I would hear back about another interview. I didn't hear back till 3 weeks later after everyone had already been decided on positions.

Interview Questions

• Why EY over the other 3 big four firms   1 Answer

Valuation and Business Modeling Interview

Application

Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed on campus with EY on Oct. 2016. The interviewer mainly focused on my understanding about this position and my related experience and knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Which courses you have learnt in school are helpful to prepare you for this position?   2 Answers
    • Walk through your resume   1 Answer

Risk Advisory-FSO Interview

Application

Interview

Easy and common from first to on site interviews. For the first round campus interview, the communication was very flexible and casual; I was interviewed by three staff for onsite, 2 directors and 1 HR. Except for those common questions, the problems from HR were a little bit tricky.

Interview Questions

• 1.Where will you stay if you have 1 million? 2.What's your five year plan, give a specific position? 3.other common behlviourals.   1 Answer

TAS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Boston, MA).

Interview

Highly competitive, against 160 other interns. Very nice interviewers, super detailed finance oriented questions WACC DCF LBO etc. Spoke to partners, which was a great networking opportunity. Amazingly positive working environment. Interns were highly supportive as well