EY Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 28, 2017

3.1

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in March 2012.

Interview

The hiring process is interesting in the sense that it imitates actual work at the company.
The process starts with a not so quick case to be solved, followed by a group presentation.
People are eliminated and the rest of them go to two 1:1 interviews.

The case part is fair and square, and the participants can notice why people were declined by the company. It's pretty obvious.

My interviews lasted longer than the usual 40 minutes because I could develop well. The real "Questions", cases and market sizings were nailed in less than 10 minutes, and the rest of the chat was a chat.

Interview Questions

• The most dificult or unexpected questions for me are the personal ones. Usually interviewers assume that you have reasons for doing things or being there. I don't. So I have to come up with plausible answers.   Answer Question

São Paulo is terrible for living.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (London, England (UK)) in March 2011.

Interview

Started off with a formal phone interview which focused mainly on fit for purpose analysis, job spec details, technical skills around analysis. It was then followed by a technical assessment. I realized that this was an important stage as based on the results i will be called for a one to one interview. My turn around time for the assignment was pretty quick, they'd expect ideally 1-2 days at max.
    During the face to face interview, i was joined by a group of 4, 1 each from americas and germany and couple of them based out of london. It was majorly a scenario driven interview with the usual blanket of competency based questions.

Interview Questions

• Lot of scenario based questions (real time, project based) There weren't many competency based questions asked.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (McLean, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

5 questions cut and clear from your average textbook joe. They were more interested in college activites and gpa, than actual past experiences/ internships. Which made it more of a if you aren't a perfect student at school you can't work for us kind of vibe.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

On campus interview- behavioral or read through your resume and ask questions. Make sure to know your resume inside and out.
    On site interview - 3 behavioral interviews with different people. Heavily prepare for behavioral questions-- one lady drilled me with behavioral questions one after the other. The other two asked me behavioral questions but it was mostly conversations mixed in as well.
    Research the company, know why you want to work there, and show them what you can bring to the table.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Noida (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

a gd round was taken, i got selected in that although it was quite tough but i easily managed to go through with my good communication skills. Be confident for what you say,your points must be relevant,aggressively participate in gd, put up different points, don't just stop unless you run out of points or the gd panel asks you to stop.

Interview Questions

• general questions on DBMS,Networking,Operating System Security(the interviewer asked this is in detail),general questions about RDBMS   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interviews - 1st by phone, 2nd in person with a case, and 3rd flown out to an office with a case. The people were really cool and it was a pretty fun experience. Different people interviewed me on each round.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Deloitte?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

1st round: on campus, with a senior person in a similar position. 45mins. Basic behavioral/experiential questions. Non-technical.

Final Round: 3 back-to-back interviews in their Alpharetta office. The first interview was with a current business analyst, second was with someone in a different department who is non-technical, and the third is with someone with a much more technical background. He/she will ask hard questions. They weren't hard in the sense that they were thought provoking, just ambiguous and poorly worded. There may have been somewhat of a language barrier.

Interview Questions

• "Please tell me what you can assume about this situation... You work for the only bank in a state and you are trying to figure out how many ATMs the bank should implement."   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rome (Italy)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EY (Rome (Italy)) in March 2009.

Interview

Hiring was very straightforward, but I think this is mostly due to the attitude of the local business and HR management at the time

Interview Questions

• "How much does the Italian Government spend in IT each year? Elaborate"   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY in September 2008.

Interview

Several rounds of interviews. The interviewer panel was very welcoming and immediately put me in ease.
    Very detailed interview session with lot of questions abt BA scenarios

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guatemala City (Guatemala)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EY (Guatemala City (Guatemala)) in April 2013.

Interview

The process took nearly 4 weeks. Received replies from two who said I should hear something soon. Followed up a week later with one of them and was told the same thing. Did follow up but never gave a real answer so I had to move on to better concrete job offers.

Interview Questions

• When have you created a strategic plan? What was the level of scope and complexity you experienced while creating the plan   1 Answer