EY Interview Questions in Calgary, AB | Glassdoor

EY Interview Questions in Calgary, AB

Updated Feb 7, 2017

2.9

IT Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was okay. The managers are good but the HR person was extremely unprofessional. After interview, no communication whatsoever. When I requesting feedback from the HR person, she just send me an email that they have found someone else more closely fit their qualifications while the same posting is re-posted again. Personally I will never deal with this company ever again.

Interview Questions

• What's your experience in BI?   2 Answers
    • How good are you in dealing computer issues?   2 Answers

ELP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

One interview with a partner. I attended the information session and had an appointment with a recruiter prior to the interview. Attending their events helped with understanding what they are looking for, and tailoring your application and response. The interview was very conversational. The interviewer started off with a few questions. Then it was just me seeking the information I want to know. Got an offer one week later.

Interview Questions

• What did you find challenging going from high-school to university?   Answer Question

Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Received a call one week after the application deadline.
    1st round = 30 minute behavioral interview at their office
    Received an e-mail a few days later for second round interview.
    2nd round = 1 hour case interview followed by 1 hour fit test with the partner
    Received a phone call one week later for verbal offer, followed by an e-mail the next day with physical offer

Tips:
    Pre-application: attend the information session (if it is offered) and make sure you network

Behavioral: they want to know that you are interested in the company, so know their company

Case: be comfortable with case ambiguity. It was a candidate-led case, but the partner and manager left the room after I asked all my questions to determine the answer. This was nice, because it took the pressure off of having them in the room. The partner did come in periodically to check on me and see if I had any more questions to ask. I was a bit thrown off that they were playing their roles as the client so seriously and I thought they were unimpressed with my answer, but it turns out they really liked it, so be confident and don't let their poker faces bother you!

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

Recruiter email for phone screening. Asked about interest in position and my qualifications. Then got in person interview. Spoke to a associate partner and Human resource associate director. Talked about the position description and requirements. Tell me about yourself, why I chose EY? What can I bring to the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why choose EY?   1 Answer

IT Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

1. HR - Telephone Interview - Provided briedf info about current position and assessed fit for the role.
    2. Senior Manager & Partner - Telephone Interview - Provide me with the overview of the role and quized me of challenges faced in IT Audits performed and how I tackled them.
    3. Partner - In person interview - This was a casual discussion over a coffee. I guess my personality was assessed.
    4. Senior Manager - In Person interview. Was more of another casual discussion and provided me a brief of the work culture as I was moving from another Big4 from the Middle East.
    5. HR - Telephone interview - Provide me with a brief of the next steps, such as background check, and other documentations required and send across to me the offer letter

Interview Questions

• Past work experience
      SOX Experience
      How was challenges at work overcome?
      Answer Question

Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

One 30 minute behavioural interview with a Manager and Senior Manager. Asked about 7 questions, was a back and forth interview. Did not have to do a case like candidates have to do now. From what i've heard the case is challenging but not impossible

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

They flew over to my city for my first round interview, and I flew to their office for the second interview.

The first interview was pretty standard - two back-to-back interviews with HR and a manager, followed by a simple writing assessment.
    Interview questions are nothing surprising, mainly focused on teamwork, leadership and time management. The writing assessment is about finding out who you really are (I was asked about what would I do if I won a million-dollar lottery).

The second interview is consisted of an office tour, a presentation, and dinner at a partner's house. There's nothing stressful about this process - you just have to be yourself.

Tip 1: Make sure you research about dinner etiquette if you aren't so familiar with those (like which fork to use for which course).
    Tip 2: Let them know, say it with confidence that "I want to work for EY".

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have to deliver a difficult message.
      Tell me about a time when you were disappointed in something.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation.

IT Risk and Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

Similar to other big 4, I got 3 interviews only since it's an internship position
    - First time either call/ video conferencing - 30 mins or so
    - Second time with a senior manager - 30 mins
    - Third with a partner, same day as 2nd interview - 15-30, depending.

Format is behavioral, then a case. Nothing tricky, straight from the book.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral, also try to build rapport with your interviewers   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

First interview was with the Admin Manager, which took approximately 1 hour. This was discussing basics of the job and what the different administrators did.

The second interview was with the actual partner working for. This was more in-depth and included personal questions as well as business related ones.

Interview Questions

• They asked what background I had that would give me the skills for the job. They asked how I worked in a team environment, they asked what skills I had on the computer - typing speed, programs, etc., they asked if I was comfortable booking meetings and using Outlook calendar to help the partner with booking meetings, etc. I was also asked if I had ever worked with catering outfits to book luncheons.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered the amount of money I was looking for and no negotiation was required

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2012.

Interview

I submitted my resume, and was called the next day to set up a conference call interview. Very professional, good questions relevant to my role, and interviewed for about 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. We discusses my work experience and future goals.   Answer Question