EY Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Can't remember too much, but was friendly and positive. Had an assessment centre which required a presentation to a Senior Manager, a group activity as well. Then interview with Partner to seal the deal

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview, initially. It lasted for 30 minutes or so. After, I was invited for in-office interview, or "superday" as some people called it. We were invited to the Dallas office, and were given three separate interviews. 1 behavioral, 1 cultural, and then 1 case study. The behavioral was your typical interview questions, "Tell me about yourself", etc. Then, the cultural was more of a conversation to feel out, if you were a right fit. Lastly, the case study was the only challenging one. So word to the wise, practice case studies, if you're not familiar with them, before you go in. It will help tremendously.

Interview Questions

• If there was a family member or friend sitting next to you, what would they tell me were your top 3 strengths and top 3 weaknesses?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Syracuse, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I got this interview through my school's career website, and it was a campus interview. It took about 30 minutes and the interviewer was very nice. The interviewer primarily went through my resume and asked me about the reasons for me to choose advisory and EY. Also, the interviewer was interested in my projects and my prior experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose advisory? Why do you choose technical advisory?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

multiple rounds. I got a chance to interact with multiple people in the company. i got a good sense of what it's like to work for EY. Some of the conversations were very casual, whereas others were more specific to technical capabilities.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

First had a call with a call with a recruiter.
     Then invited to super day. That involved some case interviews with three employees of the firm including from different levels, associate, manager and partner.

Learned about outcome of interview about a month later.

Interview Questions

• How many men's suits are purchased in NYC in a year?   1 Answer

I had a better job offer elsewhere so I decided not to take this one.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Low stress compared to others, case interview is very easy - does not require preparation; several initerviews with partners and other leadership, they essentially make the final decisions. Make friends with people from your alma mater and your life will be much easier

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very quick. Talked with an EY employee at a networking function and sent them my resume afterwards. A week later I was given a phone interview and a week after that I was flown out to the office for final rounds. Several behavioral interviews and a case study. They got back to me within a week with my offer. Great experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions (While they seem like throwaways, THESE QUESTIONS ARE ENORMOUSLY IMPORTANT):
      • Tell me about yourself
      • Why do you want this job, at this company?
      • What do you do outside of work?
      • What is your greatest weakness
      • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      • Describe a situation when you have had to work with someone difficult and what you did to overcome this
      1 Answer
    • Case Study: (EY's case consulting studies relate directly to the sort of work the position entails)
      • IE for Operational Transaction Advisory - Interviewer will explain a transaction case involving M&A Transaction Diligence:
      o How would you combine two companies to realize cost synergies?
      o What operational improvements would you suggest?

Notes:
      - Case is tailored to operational diligence – OTS provides a deeper analysis of what a firm does
      - They want to see someone who is willing to take a risk and demonstrate good business instincts
      1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was generous enough to mitigate any reason for negotiation. There was some leeway as to which office I would work in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY (Ithaca, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Submitted my resume through campus career services. Got an on-campus interview notification in just a few days. The interview was one to one and lasted about 30 minutes. Basically it went through my resume, discussing the projects I did and how was the team dynamics in these projects. The interviewer was very nice and friendly.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Very informal, we met at a conference and interviewed in a coffee shop. They asked about my comfort level with excessive travel as a consultant, and they also asked about how well I write. I had the opportunity to meet with a few junior members of the team in a round robin fashion.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Austin, TX).

Interview

Two round interviews, behavioral and case, standard situational questions