EY Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at EY

3.1

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

4 hours of GMAT questions. I was prepared for this but I thought it was a bit too much for an Internship that is very low paid. I dont know if anyone bothered to check my answers, but they let me know that I passed. After that the HR contacted me and asked to wait until some Partner is in town. Since I already had a job, I didnt bother her anymore, nor she ever got back at me. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

Interviewed by various people for about 10-15 minutes each. Then called by a senior Consultant for more in depth personality questions. Invited to a company dinner after and then received round 2 about three weeks later.

Consultant Interview

Interview

3 interviews - two behavioral and one case on super day
    Networking night the night before to meet employees
    Very friendly people who really care about you
    At the end provide overview of benefits, salary, and vacation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

Phase 1 - video
    Phase 2 - HR phone call
    Phase 3 - call with manager
    Phase 4 - super day (several interviews on site )

Every time that you advance the stage there is a brief period of no response we are waiting for an update. Follow up in moderation.

Consultant Interview

Interview

test was done and then i talked with multiple managers and then they talked with me and finally offered me the role. it took 2 months and some followups to leave the role

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY in March 2008.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview for Towers' healthcare division. The first interview was on-campus of my university. I was contacted a month or two later and went in for an office interview. It consisted of a math test followed by an entire day of meeting with everyone in the office. I received an offer less than a week after the office visit but declined.

Salary was too low.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY in March 2009.

Interview

The hiring process at E&Y is extremely long. After rounds of interviews, they still want you to interview with more than 1 partner. They first screen you with telephone interviews with a manager then set up interviews with senior manager and a partner.

The people that I interviewed with were very nice.. I'm not sure if I believe that they are truly a 'people's' company.

Interview Questions

• The questions they ask are very standard behavioral questions, but mostly about your prior experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EY (South San Francisco, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me after trolling LinkedIn. Completed on-line application. Had a one-hour phone interview with a manager responsible for P&L in that practice area expertise. Onsite interview about 4-6 weeks later. Surprisingly, no follow up contact. Overall experience seemed more like dealing with a staffing agency than a Big 4.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult experience in dealing with a problem team member on a client engagement, and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer
    • Your profile indicated that you enjoy competing against the Big Four and winning in the competition for a client's business. Can you give us an example of when you have done this?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL) in March 2008.

Interview

The interview process is very straightforward when your resume was submitted to HR and the hiring manager by an internal channel (referrals) and you are currently working at another Big 4. This is the best way to get an interview and make a quicker line to promotions.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me why you think working at E&Y would be any different than your current employer (another big 4)?   1 Answer

It is extremely important to remember why you are interviewing. If you have issues with your current job and you work at a big 4 then you need to remember you are still working at a big 4 so your current issues will probably be the same at this firm. Never say anything bad about your current/former employer and don't lie about salary...they all know what the other big 4 firms are paying.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in September 2008.

Interview

Interviewed with 5 people including 2 Partners, Sr. Managers and a lunch interview with 2 Managers. Most of the interview conversations were around previous experiences and behavioral type questions. One of the partners asked a couple of situational questions as well.