EY Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

3.1

Consultant Interview

Interview

Applied online and after a few weeks received email asking if I am still interested in the job, salary range, etc. Replied back to the email and never heard from them again. Followed up with the sender asking about my interested, did not hear back from them

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

4 hours of GMAT questions. I was prepared for this but I thought it was a bit too much for an Internship that is very low paid. I dont know if anyone bothered to check my answers, but they let me know that I passed. After that the HR contacted me and asked to wait until some Partner is in town. Since I already had a job, I didnt bother her anymore, nor she ever got back at me. Very unprofessional.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I was interviewed for IT Risk Advisory. Simple questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (Atlanta, GA) in November 2012.

Interview

Went to a non-target school and got my connection / interview through networking rather than a campus recruiting program. First spoke to HR on phone and it went well. Guy was nice, professional, and clear. Second, I was contacted by a Senior Manager on the phone (about 1 week later) who also interviewed me. He was very up-front and honest about what he was looking for. He was also very professional and all around it was a pleasant interview. Ultimately I was told he prefers to hire from campus-recruiting programs at their target schools based on past success rates. I received an email from HR the next day explaining I wasn't on top of their list...understandable. All around a pleasant and professional interview process.

Interview Questions

• Explain the last time you were forced to make a decision you did not want to make.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EY (South San Francisco, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me after trolling LinkedIn. Completed on-line application. Had a one-hour phone interview with a manager responsible for P&L in that practice area expertise. Onsite interview about 4-6 weeks later. Surprisingly, no follow up contact. Overall experience seemed more like dealing with a staffing agency than a Big 4.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult experience in dealing with a problem team member on a client engagement, and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer
    • Your profile indicated that you enjoy competing against the Big Four and winning in the competition for a client's business. Can you give us an example of when you have done this?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY in March 2009.

Interview

The hiring process at E&Y is extremely long. After rounds of interviews, they still want you to interview with more than 1 partner. They first screen you with telephone interviews with a manager then set up interviews with senior manager and a partner.

The people that I interviewed with were very nice.. I'm not sure if I believe that they are truly a 'people's' company.

Interview Questions

• The questions they ask are very standard behavioral questions, but mostly about your prior experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in September 2008.

Interview

Interviewed with 5 people including 2 Partners, Sr. Managers and a lunch interview with 2 Managers. Most of the interview conversations were around previous experiences and behavioral type questions. One of the partners asked a couple of situational questions as well.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY in March 2008.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview for Towers' healthcare division. The first interview was on-campus of my university. I was contacted a month or two later and went in for an office interview. It consisted of a math test followed by an entire day of meeting with everyone in the office. I received an offer less than a week after the office visit but declined.

Salary was too low.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL) in March 2008.

Interview

The interview process is very straightforward when your resume was submitted to HR and the hiring manager by an internal channel (referrals) and you are currently working at another Big 4. This is the best way to get an interview and make a quicker line to promotions.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me why you think working at E&Y would be any different than your current employer (another big 4)?   1 Answer

It is extremely important to remember why you are interviewing. If you have issues with your current job and you work at a big 4 then you need to remember you are still working at a big 4 so your current issues will probably be the same at this firm. Never say anything bad about your current/former employer and don't lie about salary...they all know what the other big 4 firms are paying.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Zürich (Switzerland)).

Interview

I was contacted by HR to establish a date and had two interviews partners. The first interviewer was rather unfriendly and critical of some points of my CV during the "fit interview", did not really try to establish a friendly atmosphere. The second interviewer was nicer. I got asked questions regarding my CV, motivation, background, why EY and so on. Nothing unexpected. The case studies were not hard but the general feeling and atmosphere were not the best. I unsurprisingly got rejected and despite contacting HR many times received no feedback other than the standard rejection email. Also in comparison to other companies I interviewed at definitely one of the least friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, questions regarding positions in the CV, why EY.   Answer Question