EY Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Data Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online through campus career portal. Got a first round 30 minute phone interview. Didn't get an invitation to the Super Day. The interview consisted of some behavioral questions and technical.

Interview Questions

• What is the angle between the hour and minute hand at 3:15.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY in March 2015.

Interview

Sent email with resume. Got two phone calls and an email back. Talked a little about what the job entailed and the salary and how long the job would last. Asked me some questions about my background and why I wanted the position. Talked a little in depth about what the next interview ( also over the phone) would be with and who I would be talking to. In the second interview, we discussed similar topics and little bit more about the position entailed.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I got my interview at campus. The process went on in a rather weird way. Since this was the first round. I expected that it would involve a lot of behavior questions. However, in the interview, they only spent less than two minutes asking me questions based on my resume. For the rest of the 28 minutes, I was asked two statistical problems of graduate student level. Those two problems were really theoretical.

Interview Questions

• One was about covariance matrix. The other was about linear regression model.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at EY (Cleveland, OH) in March 2009.

Interview

- 30 minute phone interview with a busy senior manager, interview had to be re-scheduled within 2 hours of original time.
    - an entire day dedicated to the in-house interviews informational presentation and office tours and lunch. only 2 of 12 selected for offers, one intern, one new staff

Interview Questions

• Write the code for a function that reverses a string   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate, but at the entry-level it would have been worthless. Look at similar salaries for your position and area and then add additional compensation for 50+ hours per week and your own value on personal work/life balance (this will be non-existant)

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Kochi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Fort Kochi (India)).

Interview

Very bad interview. The people who got selected were the ones who had referral from an internal EY employee. One girl who didn't even speak during the Group Discussion round was selected for the final round.

Interview Questions

• Questions were regarding a simple pie chart of a Companys sales report   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nakamura, Kochi (Japan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (Nakamura, Kochi (Japan)).

Interview

Interview was a referral drive consisting of 80 candidates including both btech and ACCA students . First round was a written test consisting of questions from verbal , data interpretation and quantitative . From that 24 students were shortlisted for the 2nd round which had case studies . 18 students were selected for the PI . 14 got selected. 4 as permanent and 10 as interns .

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job even though you got offers from other companies ?
      Why do you think you are fit as a data analyst ?
      Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

The interview process took 2 months. It was easy and the managers asked very basic questions. Questions on DBMS and a few HR questions. This was all set in three rounds, it went pretty well but took time to hear back from them. almost a month

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

It basically consisted of 3 rounds of interview, a group discussion and an aptitude test. Questions for interview was fully HR type with nothing of technical sort. GD was based on a situation in a company.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EY (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2013.

Interview

1. aptitude tests
    2. technical interview
    3. partner interview

the aptitude tests has numerical, english and other tests which we had to clear and once cleared we will be called for an open session where we can meet other graduates and senior management to get a feel of the working environment.
    We will then be called for a face to face interview (fairly technical as my role was that) and a detailed read through the cv
    if we cleared that we will be called for a final partner interview

Interview Questions

• mostly competency based questions and a detail run through your cv   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (Chennai (India)) in December 2010.

Interview

first round is written test consisting of analytical,verbal,logical,general sections.second round is hr,third round is technical,fourth round is again hr.

Interview Questions

• what is your longterm goal?   1 Answer