EY Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 31, 2017

2.8

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

There was an interview with a recruiter on campus, followed by an interview at the job site in Atlanta. There were three other candidates with me and three different interviewers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online through campus career portal. Got a first round 30 minute phone interview. Didn't get an invitation to the Super Day. The interview consisted of some behavioral questions and technical.

Interview Questions

• What is the angle between the hour and minute hand at 3:15.   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

A phone screen and a superday, onsite, where they brought in a few other university students. I interviewed with 4 different people, almost entirely behavioral questions, and a case study that was not technical, more looking for your business strategy thought process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, your strengths/weaknesses, leadership challenges   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY in March 2015.

Interview

Sent email with resume. Got two phone calls and an email back. Talked a little about what the job entailed and the salary and how long the job would last. Asked me some questions about my background and why I wanted the position. Talked a little in depth about what the next interview ( also over the phone) would be with and who I would be talking to. In the second interview, we discussed similar topics and little bit more about the position entailed.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I got my interview at campus. The process went on in a rather weird way. Since this was the first round. I expected that it would involve a lot of behavior questions. However, in the interview, they only spent less than two minutes asking me questions based on my resume. For the rest of the 28 minutes, I was asked two statistical problems of graduate student level. Those two problems were really theoretical.

Interview Questions

• One was about covariance matrix. The other was about linear regression model.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at EY (Cleveland, OH) in March 2009.

Interview

- 30 minute phone interview with a busy senior manager, interview had to be re-scheduled within 2 hours of original time.
    - an entire day dedicated to the in-house interviews informational presentation and office tours and lunch. only 2 of 12 selected for offers, one intern, one new staff

Interview Questions

• Write the code for a function that reverses a string   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate, but at the entry-level it would have been worthless. Look at similar salaries for your position and area and then add additional compensation for 50+ hours per week and your own value on personal work/life balance (this will be non-existant)

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EY (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through referral. It took five rounds. Each time Interview lasted for approx 45 minutes. Interviewer was nice all the time. I was interviewed with four different people. It took 20 days for final result.

Interview Questions

• 1. 10 coins are tossed, find the probability of getting three heads.
      2. what is stationary time series?
      3. Difference between python list and list in R.
      4. Generation of correlated random variables which follows geometric brownian motion.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Kochi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Fort Kochi (India)).

Interview

Very bad interview. The people who got selected were the ones who had referral from an internal EY employee. One girl who didn't even speak during the Group Discussion round was selected for the final round.

Interview Questions

• Questions were regarding a simple pie chart of a Companys sales report   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nakamura, Kochi (Japan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (Nakamura, Kochi (Japan)).

Interview

Interview was a referral drive consisting of 80 candidates including both btech and ACCA students . First round was a written test consisting of questions from verbal , data interpretation and quantitative . From that 24 students were shortlisted for the 2nd round which had case studies . 18 students were selected for the PI . 14 got selected. 4 as permanent and 10 as interns .

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job even though you got offers from other companies ?
      Why do you think you are fit as a data analyst ?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

The interview process took 2 months. It was easy and the managers asked very basic questions. Questions on DBMS and a few HR questions. This was all set in three rounds, it went pretty well but took time to hear back from them. almost a month