EY Interview Questions in Edinburgh, Scotland | Glassdoor

3.1

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

The entire EY recruitment process was quite standard: application form, personality questionnaire and SJT, numerical and verbal testing, telephone interview, assessment centre, and final partner interview.

The partner interview was kind of tricky because it was hard to prepare for. EY only gives out standard information about the presentation they want you do; the rest is up to you. The interview experience can really vary for different applicants because the partners can do and ask whatever they like; seems like they don't care much for HR. I believe all interviews contain the standard questions about why EY, why your role, why you, why this location etc etc, but the rest can and does vary a lot.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

They took a long time and seemed very disorganised. After 3 rounds of mostly good interviews I am still none the wiser on why I didnt get the job despite them offering feedback weeks ago and I havent received replies to emails. Not a good way to do business so if that is how they operate, maybe I dodged a bullet. I expected more though so I am quite disappointed.

Assurance Apprenticeship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

1) Online personality based tests
    2) Strengths based telephone interview
    3) Assessment centre (Written Exercise and Group Presentation)
    4) One on one interview with company partner and presentation with same partner.

Generally quite a lengthy and challenging process. Brush up on your strengths based interview skills and really research the service line you're applying for.

Interview Questions

• Address a time you've had to change your approach to work to suit a tough situation, and address any challenges you faced with your approach.   Answer Question
    • When working under stressful circumstances - it can be diffucult to comply with all rules - would you agree? How do you ensure your work checks against the rules?   Answer Question
    • Can you think of a decision you have made where you have had to consider multiple viewpoints or information? How did weighing them up make you feel?   Answer Question
    • You're preparing recommendations to forward to your manager. Given your findings, some of the information is quite controversial. How do you approach this and how do you ensure recommendations are descended accordingly?   Answer Question
    • Partner Interview: Questions were tailored to my presentation and me as a person. Just approach with confidence.   Answer Question

Indirect Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

After application, an email was sent regarding a competency test. Passing the competency test comes with another email asking for a panel interview, where the competency test is essentially sat again in an exam centre. Then meet a panel as an interview where they ask a few more competency questions in person and why you think you fit in the firm, and what you can offer.

Transaction Advisory Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

First round interview for a summer internship position. It's a strenght based interview, i.e. there are no technical questions and they ask you how you would behave in certain situations. It's very important NOT to lie and say what you would do and not want you think they expect you to do. The questions are somehow cyclical, so if you start cheating and lying, sooner or later you will become incoherent and that's the worst thing that you can do. Very nice way to conduct the first round. No dumb questions whatsoever (like: with all the talented candidates, why should we hire you?), best first round interview I have had so far. Passed the first round.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with free riders when studying/working in groups?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

First round interview based on a pre-determined list of about 17 questions of the type 'tell me about a time when....' So many questions mean you need a lot of examples.
    Assessment centre featured relatively simple numerical and verbal reasoning tests but the written assessment was particularly time pressured with a lot of information to summarise. Best to plan a structure at the start and be rigid with the time you assign to each part.
    Final round interview with a partner- your motivations for joining EY and the particular business function, some discussion of trends in the service line I had applied to.

FS Audit Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Online application followed by online numerical and analytical tests, then had a face-to-face interview with sector manager in Edinburgh followed by an assessment centre and final partner interview, both of which were in Glasgow. Both face-to-face interviews were fine, the first one is primarily competency based, the final one more why EY, etc.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

Standard competency-based interview process. This involves an initial interview, followed by an assessment centre, and finally a partner interview. Just make sure you know what they are looking for based on the requirements listed on the careers site (both for your role and broadly), and think of some examples of how you have demonstrated this.

Interview Questions

• Generally something like 'Tell me about a time that...'   Answer Question