EY Emerging Leaders Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Emerging Leaders Program Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.4

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Applied through campus career center and online directly with EY. Interviewed on campus. Met my interviewer the night before at a pre-interview social. Interviewer was nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Applied through campus recruitment. 1 week later was invited to interview. Heard back 3 weeks later. Overall, the interview was conversational and the interviewers were friendly and open to answering any questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you catch someone up who missed a meeting through what they missed?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Stamford, CT).

Interview

I applied online through my university and was asked to attend an on campus interview. It consisted of 2 thirty minute interviews, one with the campus recruiter and one with a senior manager. Both were very laid back with a few behavioral questions. We talked a lot about wanting to help the community and leadership and also talked sports for a little while. After the interview, it took about a 3 weeks to hear back that I was accepted.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time you were in a group where people weren't getting along? How did you help resolve the issue?   Answer Question
    • Tell me more about you   Answer Question
    • What do you want to get out of the conference?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Cleveland, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

We had a breakfast and socialized and then listened to three different presentations on Taxation, Assurance, and Advisory. Then I had two interviews (everyone had two) the first with a partner, the second with a manager. The first interview was formal with some basic behavioral questions and my second interview was more of a conversation rather than an interview. Overall, everyone at EY was extremely nice and it was a comfortable/enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• What's the most difficult thing you've been through in the last six months?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Interviewed with an assurance manager who went over my résumé and asked about my role in a non profit organization and my current business internship. I'm a freshman and I showed enthusiasm and was told I'd hear back in two weeks and I feel as if I will get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your reśumé   Answer Question
    • Tell me any challenges you faced when you were part of (organization) and what your experience was like and how you solved those challenges.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied and interviewed for the Emerging Leaders summer externship program. It's a one, two or three day program where individuals meet with company employees and learn about the operational activities of the Ernst and Young. I interviewed with two different people that went through my resume and asked various behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Talked with an audit manager and senior audit manager for about 30 minutes each. The interview was fairly easy with mostly behavioral and resume questions as well as time ask them questions.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process entails two back to back 30 minute interviews. The interview was designed for them to get to know you as a person and how suitable you are to the company and its culture. It was very conversational and a great experience!

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Interviews were held on campus. I had two 30 minute interviews, one with a tax partner and the other with an assurance partner. The atmosphere was very relaxed and the interview was more conversational based rather than just firing off behavioral based questions. At the end of both interviews, they left a lot of time for me to ask questions, so make sure you do your research and come prepared with questions!

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you worked in a team and how did it go?   Answer Question

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Applied online through my campus career site and was invited to the program without any on campus interviews. I knew the recruiter beforehand, but I think everyone else invited was also able to bypass campus interviews. The program was split into two parts (if you got invited back). The first part was a half day that consisted of two half-hour "interviews" with managers and above (one from audit, one from tax), and then some partners talked about service lines and what not. The interviews were entirely conversational, easygoing, and enjoyable. It seemed like they wanted you to ask all of the questions, which threw me off at first. Overall, you're able to meet their many of their professionals from all different levels, and they're all very nice.

Based on that first day, I was invited back to the second part of the program, which took place about a month later. It was a full day of stress-free activities. The externs were broken off into smaller groups with staff level employees. No interviews. At this point, they just want to see if you're a good fit and see your people skills. They ask the staff for their recommendations at the end of the program, so be personable with everyone.

I ended up receiving an early internship offer from this program. Show your interest in the firm. Be genuine. Make sure they're the right fit for you too.