EY Executive Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Executive Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at EY

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2010.

Interview

One phone interview with a recruiter. An in-person interview with two managers (who I'd be taking daily direction from), one interview with the current employee who was promoted from the job I was applying for (who ended up training me to do the position.) And then one interview with my actual boss who was the location manager for the office.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you were in at at past employers and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received a verbal offer over the phone, which was followed up by an email and a Fed Ex package containing papers I needed to sign and send back. I accepted without negotiating.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Irvine, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

I went through a head hunter and had 3 interviews. It was intimidating as it is a Big 4 accounting Firm and it is very corporate. But the people were pretty nice and I got through it.

Interview Questions

• I always hate when they ask my greatest weakness!!! They all asked this and what kind of culture I was looking for. Honestly I hate to focus on the negative and if I'm looking for a job most likely I don't care about the culture - I just need to pay my bills!!! But seriously, of course everyone wants a friendly fun environment to work in but do you was that to a bunch of stiff Accountants? Fun isn't on the agenda here!!   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY in December 2013.

Interview

I was referred by a recruiter and he passed my name along to the hiring manager. It took a total of maybe 4 weeks to get an offer. I tried to raise my salary, but they said no. Maybe, you could try to raise yours, but my boss would not budge.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation with salary they wouldn't budge

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EY (Atlanta, GA) in June 2012.

Interview

It appears they have a standard of 17 interviews required before an offer can be made. You are interviewed by people with less experience and the whole process wears you down. The interview process is quite ridiculous and made me question their core values. Was a dog and pony show!

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize your workload? This was asked by a junior admin who had only been there 8 months.   Answer Question
    • Am I comfortable talking with high level executives? What a ridiculous question, who would answer "no"? It was in my resume that I previously worked with high level executives. They could have questioned me in that respect rather than ask such a ridiculous question. I was asked the same question by two separate people?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if your partner wanted to have an appointment with the CEO of a company and their admin said he had no slots available and wouldn't schedule him in.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Cleveland, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview process was long but not the worst. Started with a phone interview moved to onsite interview. It took weeks to hear back even though I knew I blew it out of the water - the waiting process made me second guess myself! Finally recruiter called to make the offer verbally followed by a written offer, (more waiting) which I did accept. the start date was even weeks out!

They were very vague about schedule and position details during this time and once I accepted the job, (here now), I have still not been able to finalize these details. My advice to on-boarders would be to ask questions early on and get definitive answers before deciding if EY is right for you. Don't just get caught up in the hype like I did! I am just a few months in and it definitely is an awesome place to work, just would have liked to have all the facts to make a decision to leave a job where I had dedicated over ten years and had seniority.

New review to follow after I complete my first year!

Interview Questions

• Questions were basic "Why EY?", "What makes you different?", "Where do you see yourself if 3 years?".   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with the manager over the phone. It was short and straight forward. They scheduled an in person interview with 5 managers (2 of which interviewed me on the phone). I was intimidated at first due to the number of interviewers in the room, but I quickly got over my nerves.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the company? If we asked your previous manager about you, what would he or she say about you? Describe how you handled a stressful situation. State your strengths and weaknesses. Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult customer. What did you do to resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with four different people. Two remotely and two face to face. They are serious about you being on time and following directions. You will have several people call you thru-out the process.

Interview Questions

• If I spoke with your previous manager what are some positing things they would say about you?   1 Answer
    • What are your career goals in the next five years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

1.Phone screen with recruiter
    2.Prove It computer test (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
    3. On-site interview with hiring manager

The hiring manager gave the ok for me to move in the hiring process to meet Partners as the next step. Over a week went by with no word from the recruiter, then an auto generated email was sent saying they have filled the role (very lazy EY).

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Tampa, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview processed moved very quickly. I applied, the next day I received an email to set up a time to speak with a recruiter. The following week, I was at the site interviewing. The next day they asked me to return to meet with senior level executives. About an hour after I left the 2nd onsite interview, I received a verbal job offer!

The people I met with were great. You could tell that everyone genuinely enjoyed working at EY and were happy to be there.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EY in January 2015.

Interview

I filled out the application online. They emailed me within a day or two to set up a phone interview. The phone interview took about 30min. Typical phone interview asking about yourself and your experiences. Then going into detail about the job and hiring process in general. I was then asked back for an interview with a manager, which was scheduled within a few days form the initial phone interview. Went in for the interview and met with the manager. Talked for about 30 minutes. She then went in to get one of the partners and spoke with him briefly. Then two other partners joined. Interview went very well.