EY Executive Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Executive Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2016

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

When I started, there was a typing and spelling test. Now you are required to take a Microsoft office test (including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint). Then you may be asked to meet with an HR manager and a client from the group you will support.

Interview Questions

• What made me leave my last job after so many years. What are you looking for? What would you do if you worked for a difficult person.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Cleveland, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview process was long but not the worst. Started with a phone interview moved to onsite interview. It took weeks to hear back even though I knew I blew it out of the water - the waiting process made me second guess myself! Finally recruiter called to make the offer verbally followed by a written offer, (more waiting) which I did accept. the start date was even weeks out!

They were very vague about schedule and position details during this time and once I accepted the job, (here now), I have still not been able to finalize these details. My advice to on-boarders would be to ask questions early on and get definitive answers before deciding if EY is right for you. Don't just get caught up in the hype like I did! I am just a few months in and it definitely is an awesome place to work, just would have liked to have all the facts to make a decision to leave a job where I had dedicated over ten years and had seniority.

New review to follow after I complete my first year!

Interview Questions

• Questions were basic "Why EY?", "What makes you different?", "Where do you see yourself if 3 years?".   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with four different people. Two remotely and two face to face. They are serious about you being on time and following directions. You will have several people call you thru-out the process.

Interview Questions

• If I spoke with your previous manager what are some positing things they would say about you?   Answer Question
    • What are your career goals in the next five years?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward and easy. The interviewer basically asked about my long-term commitment. Where I see myself in 5 years, my strengths, weaknesses and how do I deal with difficulties; typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you commit to 5 years on this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Cleveland, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email by an EY Talent Recruiter for an E.A. position. After an initial phone interview, I was sent an online, 60 question (timed) assessment on Microsoft Apps (20 questions each on PowerPoint, Excel and Word). I scored well with 56/60.

The next day, I was contacted again for an in-person interview. I met with three Acquisition Recruiters. 2 flew in and one was conferenced in via phone (none were locally based). The interview lasted 45 minutes. I was told different facts between the interviewers and the (phone) Talent Recruiters, so it appeared I came into the interview unprepared. I was also told I may never meet the Partners I would be supporting unless they came into my office for a meeting. Other than that, I thought the interview went well, but after three weeks, nobody followed up with me. I emailed my Talent Recruiter, who then mentioned I did not get the position. (I gave them extra time to follow up because they mentioned they would be hiring a "pool" of Executive Assistants - approx. 15.) Based on that and the numerous typos and errors (two different interview dates) in her email, I was left with a bad first impression despite EY having a reputation as a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work here?"
      "If we asked your former manager what you could approve upon, what would that be?"
      "Which shift would you prefer to work?"
      "How do you prioritize your time?"
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

1) Contacted via email by an HR Coordinator to schedule a phone interview with an in-house recruiter.
    2) After the phone interview with the recruiter, I was contacted by a Recruiting Operations Administrator to schedule an in-person interview with the Hiring Manager.
    3) Completed in-person interview.
    4) Approximately 2 weeks later received an email letting me know of their decision not to move forward with the process.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Tampa, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview processed moved very quickly. I applied, the next day I received an email to set up a time to speak with a recruiter. The following week, I was at the site interviewing. The next day they asked me to return to meet with senior level executives. About an hour after I left the 2nd onsite interview, I received a verbal job offer!

The people I met with were great. You could tell that everyone genuinely enjoyed working at EY and were happy to be there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

1.Phone screen with recruiter
    2.Prove It computer test (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
    3. On-site interview with hiring manager

The hiring manager gave the ok for me to move in the hiring process to meet Partners as the next step. Over a week went by with no word from the recruiter, then an auto generated email was sent saying they have filled the role (very lazy EY).

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Began with phone screening call with an HR representative who then set up an in-house meeting with the program heads. Had skill testing prior to the in-office interviews consisting of Microsoft Office and personality tests. The in-office interview was parted into three rounds - 1:1 with direct report manager, phone conversation with a team Director, and followed by two panel/group interviews with team Directors

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a fit for this role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They had a range. Little room for negotiation.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EY in January 2015.

Interview

I filled out the application online. They emailed me within a day or two to set up a phone interview. The phone interview took about 30min. Typical phone interview asking about yourself and your experiences. Then going into detail about the job and hiring process in general. I was then asked back for an interview with a manager, which was scheduled within a few days form the initial phone interview. Went in for the interview and met with the manager. Talked for about 30 minutes. She then went in to get one of the partners and spoke with him briefly. Then two other partners joined. Interview went very well.