EY Executive Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 9, 2017

2.8

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

The process took 5 interviews from phone to face to face. It took a little over 2 months from first interview to offer. Each interview was very comfortable and familiar. The interview path was from the location manager, to the Director of the group. Each interview took an average of 45 mins. This was a new group that EY had developed and needed staff to promote its services to eligible staff.

Interview Questions

• The main questions for the job I interviewed for surrounded entrepreneurial traits. How comfortable was I in obtaining new business? Was I comfortable in selling new services?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The process was a little slow and confusing. My first interview was very casual and wa snot asked many questions pertaining to the job. I was told positions were probably filled but I would be called back for the second round of opening. I was called back months later for a more formal interview,

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked about past experiences   2 Answers

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Fair, Open, and Transparent. Easy to find location. Communications and logistics were accurate and specific. Very nice building inside and out. Fairly relaxed environment considering the type of business it is. Relaxed, but very professional.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY in March 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume and cover letter via the EY careers home page. A few days later I received an e-mail from an HR coordinator informing me that a recruiter would like to schedule a telephone interview with me. After speaking to the recruiter for approximately one hour, she informed me I would be contacted to schedule an in-person interview at the firm to which I applied. The telephone interview was no-nonsense and straight to the point; I was asked about my experience as it related to the position and several behavioral questions. The in-person interview took place two weeks later and was significantly breezier than the screening over the phone. It seemed that the recruiter who did the telephone screening mattered a lot, with some considered to be more thorough and tougher than others. At the end of the interview I was told I would be contacted by the recruiter with a verbal offer on the condition that I pass an online skills test for Microsoft Office. The following day I received the offer over the telephone and accepted. The next day the offer was sent to me in writing via e-mail.

Interview Questions

• How do you organize your workflow?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

When I started, there was a typing and spelling test. Now you are required to take a Microsoft office test (including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint). Then you may be asked to meet with an HR manager and a client from the group you will support.

Interview Questions

• What made me leave my last job after so many years. What are you looking for? What would you do if you worked for a difficult person.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Cleveland, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview process was long but not the worst. Started with a phone interview moved to onsite interview. It took weeks to hear back even though I knew I blew it out of the water - the waiting process made me second guess myself! Finally recruiter called to make the offer verbally followed by a written offer, (more waiting) which I did accept. the start date was even weeks out!

They were very vague about schedule and position details during this time and once I accepted the job, (here now), I have still not been able to finalize these details. My advice to on-boarders would be to ask questions early on and get definitive answers before deciding if EY is right for you. Don't just get caught up in the hype like I did! I am just a few months in and it definitely is an awesome place to work, just would have liked to have all the facts to make a decision to leave a job where I had dedicated over ten years and had seniority.

New review to follow after I complete my first year!

Interview Questions

• Questions were basic "Why EY?", "What makes you different?", "Where do you see yourself if 3 years?".   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with four different people. Two remotely and two face to face. They are serious about you being on time and following directions. You will have several people call you thru-out the process.

Interview Questions

• If I spoke with your previous manager what are some positing things they would say about you?   Answer Question
    • What are your career goals in the next five years?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward and easy. The interviewer basically asked about my long-term commitment. Where I see myself in 5 years, my strengths, weaknesses and how do I deal with difficulties; typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you commit to 5 years on this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Cleveland, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email by an EY Talent Recruiter for an E.A. position. After an initial phone interview, I was sent an online, 60 question (timed) assessment on Microsoft Apps (20 questions each on PowerPoint, Excel and Word). I scored well with 56/60.

The next day, I was contacted again for an in-person interview. I met with three Acquisition Recruiters. 2 flew in and one was conferenced in via phone (none were locally based). The interview lasted 45 minutes. I was told different facts between the interviewers and the (phone) Talent Recruiters, so it appeared I came into the interview unprepared. I was also told I may never meet the Partners I would be supporting unless they came into my office for a meeting. Other than that, I thought the interview went well, but after three weeks, nobody followed up with me. I emailed my Talent Recruiter, who then mentioned I did not get the position. (I gave them extra time to follow up because they mentioned they would be hiring a "pool" of Executive Assistants - approx. 15.) Based on that and the numerous typos and errors (two different interview dates) in her email, I was left with a bad first impression despite EY having a reputation as a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work here?"
      "If we asked your former manager what you could approve upon, what would that be?"
      "Which shift would you prefer to work?"
      "How do you prioritize your time?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

1) Contacted via email by an HR Coordinator to schedule a phone interview with an in-house recruiter.
    2) After the phone interview with the recruiter, I was contacted by a Recruiting Operations Administrator to schedule an in-person interview with the Hiring Manager.
    3) Completed in-person interview.
    4) Approximately 2 weeks later received an email letting me know of their decision not to move forward with the process.