EY FSO Tax Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY FSO Tax Interview Questions

2.5

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EY (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

They had 2 phone interviews, then 1 in office interview (2 partners and 1 senior). All behavioral type questions, no technical. It's to determine culture fit. Also, working towards finishing your accounting credits to be CPA eligible is great too.

Interview Questions

• Mainly behavioral type questions, why tax and why fso specifically   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview with a tax recruiter. She was extremely nice and asked me about 4-5 questions. The questions were more behavioral based and the interview was conversational.

Four days later, I was invited to the office for the final round of interviews. I was interviewed by a partner and a senior manager. Again, they were very conversational and the questions were based more off of my resume.

My advice is to be yourself and have stories of when you led a team or dealt with a conflict. In addition, be ready to explain everything on your resume, how those experiences prepared you to excel at EY, and stories from those activities on your resume to support your statements. Lastly, be energetic, do your research, talk to the other candidates, ask a lot of questions, and be positive!

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

First round was one 30 minute phone interview. Second round was an office interview event. There were 95 other candidates at the event and we started out with breakfast at the Witt. There was a speaker, and they explained the basic interview/ recruiting process. We then walked to the office and were partnered with an EY employee that would give us an office tour and take us from interview to interview. We had 3 30 minute interviews with various level employees including one partner. We also watched a video on the EY internship experience. We then went to lunch with other candidates and EY employees. It was around a group of 15 people.

Interview Questions

• All of my interviews were basic walk through your resume interviews. I was maybe asked one or two behavior based questions, but the majority of it was just conversational.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Syracuse, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was thorough but well-organized. Students are invited to a first-round interview on campus. Those who are qualified and make a good impression are typically invited to the office for multiple interviews. My second-round interviews were in the Times Square office in New York with two FSO Tax Partners. The recruiting staff does a really great job of organizing your trip and providing information.

Interview Questions

• Nothing particularly challenging stands out. You need to be able to talk to people and express not only knowledge of the field but a genuine interest in the service line and company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You get an offer letter via email and you either accept or decline. There's no negotiating.

FSO Tax Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview

Applied on campus and then got accepted for an interview. I received a 2nd round interview after the first one and went to the office of my choice. After the office visit, I was notified a day later and finally accepted the offer. The interviews weren't so bad.

Interview Questions

• The manager asked me what is my best asset to the firm.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

One on campus interview, second round interview in office.

People were great really friendly. Asked a few behavioral questions. Just be yourself and you'll do fine. Go prepared with insightful questions.

Interview Questions

• What would your friends say are most annoying about you?   Answer Question