EY Interview Questions in Germany | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 28, 2017

2.8

87 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stuttgart (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (Stuttgart (Germany)) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contact after applying online, interview was standard interview, at the end they told me they will contact me after one week. Its been more than 2 weeks and I still havent heard anything from them. Very unprofessional place.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in June 2017.

Interview

First online test. Then a personal interview with HR, Director and Partner. HR asked mainly about the CV and personal motivation. The director asked a lot of questions about the working field and asked me to do some calculation and interpret the result. In total it was a nice and direct interview. Yet questions can be tough even if you are well prepared.

Interview Questions

• Why consulting? Why not apply for a position, where you did the internship?   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

It was a good experience overall, and very conversational. Very professional environment but it looks like the interviewers are all programmed to say certain things about the company/ work-life balance.

Consultant for Cyber Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. First I handed in a CV and a Cover Letter.
    After that I had to do a numerical and a logic test. After passing both stages I was invited to a telephone interview with a manger. This was mostly about the CV and my intentions of becoming a consultant. In addition to this the manager told me about the job role, the activities and what to expect from the job. After passing the telephone interview I was invited to the office in Munich.
    The interview was with 2 people, one from HR and the other was a manger. It was a similar process to the telephone interview. A lot of questions about my CV, my strengths and my interests.
    The offer came about 5 days later.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work at EY?
      Q: What interests you about the role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Interview

interview was split up in 2 parts, group assessment & individual. group assessment explores your communication and conflict management skills. Individual interview is more about EY getting a better understanding of you and your motivation. I highly recommend you dot down some relevant personal examples that demonstrate leadership, work ethics, conflict resolution.

Staff Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eschborn (Germany)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY (Eschborn (Germany)) in June 2016.

Interview

I got the interview through a headhunter. It was all set up via mail and phone calls and took less than two weeks from the official application til the actual interview at the office. During the interview I talked to a Partner and a lady from HR about the job description and general questions I had about the job role. The next part of the interview included a business case with two Senior Managers about an Integration into a portfolio. Concluded was this with a final talk to the Partner and lady from HR to tell me about their decision.

Interview Questions

• Questions were about a business case (30 mins) that involved the integration of a potential carve-out into an existing portfolio. No typical interview questions were asked.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate a higher pay due to the salary framework that is based on work experience. My suggestion is to closely look at the relevant experience. Sometimes skipping ranks will not benefit the employee and I would therefore suggest to hear what HR offers and then go back and debate whether you would like to negotiate.

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Easy, almost informal. The partner wanted to know more about me, the schools I had attended, the things I was good at and the reason why I wanted to be a CA.

Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school's online career services center. I believe all applicants have to go through this or a campus recruiter to apply. Then, a few weeks later, I was notified that I was selected for an interview. There was only one interview before final selection. When I arrived at the location of the interview, I sat in a waiting room with about 10 other students who were also…

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in March 2016.

Interview

Online application followed by first round phone interview and a second round

First round was with an analyst from FIG. Most of it was about how to account for banking transactions.
    For example:
    You go to your bank and deposit 100$. Tell me what you debit and what you credit
    Now the bank is giving out a loan of about 50$. Tell me what you debit and what you credit

Second round was with a director and an analyst from VBM. All questions were about DCF model but very basic.
    For example:
    Walk me through a DCF model.
    How do you derive the FCF?
    How do you derive the WACC?
    How do derive the cost of equity?
    How do you unlever beta and relever it again?
    Give examples for a company with high/low beta.

Interview Questions

• Depending on the division.
      First round was a about accounting, second round purely DCF   Answer Question

Assurance Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Had my interview with the senior manager that was looking for an intern. Was welcomed at their regional headquarters and brought into a conference room. He started with the typical questions on my CV and different things I listed. Then asked what audit or assurance really does and what the typical tasks would be like. He wanted to discover whether I researched the position or not. Then told me something about himself and his career path. Then did some basic accounting questions on basic concepts.

Interview Questions

• What does an auditor do?
      What are typical tasks?
      How do you check something?
      How is the balance sheet influenced by buying the XY security ?   Answer Question