EY IT Audit Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY IT Audit Staff Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (McLean, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

I was a college campus hire and I was interviewed on campus for the first round. The night before we had a meet and greet a local place and I got to meet all the recruiters and interviewers. So basically I already knew my interviewer. The first round was just some basic behavioral questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Interview went smoothly as I already knew the interviewer prior to it.

They accepted me and I was brought in for a 2nd round interview at the local office I wanted to work at. It consisted of 3 interviews. 1 was a case interview and the others were very laid back more behavioral interviews. Basically they just want to know if you are able to hold a conversation because when you are on the job you meet with a lot of clients.

The case interview consisted of a me reading a case and pointing of the issues I saw in the IT environment. The interviewer would ask very basic questions just to get a feel for my thought process. Nothing extreme.

Interview Questions

• The business case was the most difficult part of the interview process as they gave you a limited amount of time to study the case. Some of the questions were very broad and sometimes hard to answer. But the whole point of it was to just get a feel of your thought process.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (Tampa, FL) in October 2010.

Interview

Pre interview dinner on the night before, writing and Case interview, Interviewed with partner, manager, director.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2010.

Interview

First they had a campus interview. This was behavior based with the office manager. Then they had an in office interview. This consisted of two behavior based interviews - one with a senior manager and the other with a partner. Then they had a case interview that was fairly difficult. Then they had a 45 minute essay write up.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest challenge you've had over your school and work life?   Answer Question

IT Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at EY in October 2008.

Interview

Very quick and smooth process. All the staff were very polite and made me feel at ease. My advice would be to know exactly what you want out of your career and be prepard to articulate that.
    The phone interview was short consisting of only a few questions about my background and interest the role.
    The face to face interview was challening because of the level of technical knowledge they expected of me.

IT Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was okay. The managers are good but the HR person was extremely unprofessional. After interview, no communication whatsoever. When I requesting feedback from the HR person, she just send me an email that they have found someone else more closely fit their qualifications while the same posting is re-posted again. Personally I will never deal with this company ever again.

Interview Questions

• What's your experience in BI?   1 Answer
    • How good are you in dealing computer issues?   1 Answer

IT Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY in August 2011.

Interview

behavioral questions.nothing out of the ordinary. Questions were focused on prior experiences in the latter part of the interview. The interviewer seemed to be interested in what i had to say.

Interview Questions

• Your strengths, weakness and one thing you would change in the past and so on.   Answer Question

IT Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview

College interview with one onsite office interview. The firm offered a "Meet the Firm" night which I attended and was the only MIS student at the event. Everyone else was finance/accounting. Casually talked to the hiring manager which resulted in a brief interview the following day and an offer after an office visit the following week.

Interview Questions

• Related coursework and work experience in IT. General personality type questions gauging the ability to work in teams.   Answer Question

IT Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ḩawallī (Kuwait)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Ḩawallī (Kuwait)) in August 2011.

Interview

Very technical interview. First there was an interview with someone in HR very easy and simple, explained the process. The technical interview was compromised of a test and then the interviewer asked you questions from the test and used your cv to interview you.

IT Audit Staff Interview

Interview

Process was timely. Great experience overall for an interview. People were out going and friendly. All spoke highly of company culture. Seemed like a great place for the beginning of a career.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

Applied during school on website. Interviewed at school, at office, and got hired

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time where you failed to accomplish and assigned task?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations allowed. They can always get another person to replace you.