EY Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at EY

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Burbank, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

You will likely be asked questions about your teamwork skills, your interpersonal relations, your management style or your ability to work in a diverse environment. Review the job posting again and try to anticipate other likely areas of questioning, and prepare honest and concise answers that highlight relevant aspects of your work history and life experience. Remember that there may be questions you did not anticipate: when this happens, breathe and take a moment to think through your experiences to find the best answers.

On the day of the interview, dress appropriately and arrive early, calm and mentally prepared. Bring a list of references if you did not already include them in the resume you submitted. And, most importantly, don’t forget to relax and be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Closed questions that demonstrate your knowledge by requiring a specific factual answer.
    Open-ended questions that are broader in scope and require you to work through the answer.
    Situational questions that describe a hypothetical situation and ask how you would proceed in those circumstances.
    Behavioural questions that ask you to describe a time in your own history when you dealt with a certain situation, and to explain how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

1 interview on campus, followed by an office visit. Office visit consisted of a short presentation, two interviews (with partner and senior manager), and lunch with an associate. Lots of recruiting events (dinners, socials, networking) dispersed throughout the two interviews. Heard back the next day. The people of EY are incredibly friendly - my interviews were very conversational and relaxed.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

A phone interview and then an in-person interview. In the in-person, i met with four women who werw principals at the National Tax Office. It was easy as most of them discussed there journey through tax and how they ended up at EY. The people were very nice and gave me alot of advice on how to navigate the tax world.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY in April 2016.

Interview

Set of 3 interviews (one on one). Meeting with recruiter then interviews. Lunch with other employees and office tour to conclude. Overall experience was very positive. Very laid-back and answered basic questions about myself and my values.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

apply through school career center, on campus interview, back to back, 30 min each. Pretty straight forward overall. going over your resume, behavior questions. Interviewers were cordial and nice. The partner talked most of the time, I guess that's will I screwed up.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you deal with a conflict with your groupmate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough. I had my first interview on campus which was an alumni of my University. The next step was choosing an interview time on the EY Super day. This super day consisted of two interviews, a tour and lunch with the associates that brought me on the tour. As we explored the building we also were led to our interviews. It was a smooth process and was very pleasant. In the morning we were led into a room with other interviewees and were able to meet a partner that spoke to us about the life in a big four accounting firm. She let us ask any questions and we then went on the tours.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were put into a group and needed to collaborate with people that weren't interested in collaboration?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY in October 2015.

Interview

Fast paced, one on campus and one in the office. Got back quickly, let you pick the interview dates/times that worked for you. Everyone was eager to be helping the company in the interview process which made it enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite class you have taken outside your major   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Selected for on campus interview. Interviewed with a Senior Manager. Week later received office interview. Office interview was with three Senior Managers consecutively. Received offer the next week. Keep it conversational. No technicals. The better you do, the quicker the process is.

Interview Questions

• Time you were a leader. Time you had to deal with a difficult group member. Time you failed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two rounds. First, I applied through their website and my on campus career services. Then, I was selected for a first round interview on campus, where I was asked behavioral questions and about my resume. Then, I flew into the NY Office (The city where I was going to intern at), and had two rounds: a behavioral, and a technical interview (because my major wasn't accounting/ finance and I was applying for the advisory rotation for Launch). Then, I passed both interviews, and was emailed an offer.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about yourself, and why you are interested in an accounting firm?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was good.

Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through my university and received an email that I was selected to interview on campus. I had my interview scheduled for Tuesday and by Friday I had an email saying that I had been selected for the second office interviews. I scheduled the office interview which was at 8:45 am. I was so nervous because there were 60 other very qualified candidates. Everyone at EY was amazing, welcoming and friendly. I had two interviews, an info session, and then a small reception. I heard back from EY the same day!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were stressed and how did you respond.   1 Answer